Thread: Is Visili Podkolzin just about done??

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Is Visili Podkolzin just about done??

Does anyone have any information on what is going on with this guy? He struggled with the Nucks over his first two years in the NHL, that's fine, it happens to lots of 18 and 19 year olds, but over the course of the next two years he has now played 62 AHL games and has only put up 46 pts. These are not the numbers that you would expect from a now 22 year old who was a 10th overall in his draft year. To make matters worse he's not even the obvious choice for a call up, he is, in fact, 6th overall in scoring for Abbotsford forwards. Yikes!! I also note, and I think this could be significant, that his current NHL contract is up at the end of this year. I can't help but think that Vasili may well be a prime candidate to head back to Mother Russia after a brief and unsuccessful run at the NHL??? I just don't know. Canuck fans or guys smarter than me (that's a long list)????
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Is Visili Podkolzin just about done??

Theyre giving him the hoglander treatment …
    having been rushed into the show too early they are keeping him down in Abby for seasoning …was hurt this year then came back and has been doing well. Plan is like Hog this year, bring him up next year and profit
    CBS Sportsline H2H 14 team keeper league (keep 14)
    (G, A, Shots, Blocked Shots, PPPs, +/- (no PIMs in our league), W, Sv%, GAA)

C: Pettersson, Aho, Hischier, O’Reilly, Coyle, Novak
    W: Marner, Debrincat, Barzal,
    Kempe, Mittlestadt, Terevainen, P.Kane, Kakko
    D: Pietrangelo, Doughty, Werenski, Dunn, Provorov, York, McNabb
    G: Skinner, Vanacek, UPL

2010-11 & 2018-19 Champs

Dobber Sports Superstar

I thought I'd give this a bump and see if anyone else might have an opinion. It was nice to see Podkolzin finally get a call up, it has not been nice to see him put up zero points and only 8 SOG in 6 GP. To my surprise, he has put up 19 hits over those 6 games. OK, so Podkolzin is now a banger??? He is skating on the 3rd line with Garland and Lindholm, it's not like he is stuck on the 4th line with a bunch of cement handed meat heads, and, he is skating just over 11 minutes, not great but not 7 or 8 or benched either??? I'm more unsure about him than ever, but I'm definitely leaning more strongly toward the just about done side of things at this point.

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I thought I'd give this a bump and see if anyone else might have an opinion. It was nice to see Podkolzin finally get a call up, it has not been nice to see him put up zero points and only 8 SOG in 6 GP. To my surprise, he has put up 19 hits over those 6 games. OK, so Podkolzin is now a banger??? He is skating on the 3rd line with Garland and Lindholm, it's not like he is stuck on the 4th line with a bunch of cement handed meat heads, and, he is skating just over 11 minutes, not great but not 7 or 8 or benched either??? I'm more unsure about him than ever, but I'm definitely leaning more strongly toward the just about done side of things at this point.
    From what I've heard, he's looked good on the ice and the possession stats for his line have been mostly positive. If you have better options, I'd move on from him. Personally, I'm already dropping the failed prospect Cody Glass and Oliver Wahlstrom so I'll probably keep Pods one more year.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Genius

Polds hasn't been bad but hasn't been great since his call up. Mind you the whole team outside of Miller and maybe Hughes has gone cold over the last 10 games. He's being used as a middle 6 forward but getting some time with the big guys as well. He's kind of a power forward and they take longer to develop. When he's effective he holds onto the puck in the offensive zone and makes things happen. The Canucks have a lot of expiring contracts this year and won't be able to sign all our UFA's, we will need cheap young replacements so Polds should guaranteed be in the NHL the entire of next year.

With that being said nothing I have seen thus far to me screams out first line producer. I could see him getting 25 to 35 points next year with 10 to 15 goals. Now, these are human beings were talking about so a good end of the season and offseason could change that dramatically.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Superstar

I played Podkolzin 3 games into his call up but put him on the bench after 3 games with 0 pts. Sure enough, last night he finally earned a point. However, I came across this which sort of backs up what some of you have been saying in that his game is showing improvement and he's not a bust by any means:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl...36a37cb7&ei=42

Seems like Tocchet likes what he's seeing as well. I guess I'll hold and hope for the best (:

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Podkolzin has simply never produced at basically any professional level. Everyone has always touted the "tools" but it has never manifested anywhere. Sure, he could be a Voronkov in hiding, but there's not really any reason to think he is magically going to find his scoring touch. I think he's definitely an NHLer (already), I just don't think he's ever going to actually put up any meaningful numbers.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Podkolzin has simply never produced at basically any professional level. Everyone has always touted the "tools" but it has never manifested anywhere. Sure, he could be a Voronkov in hiding, but there's not really any reason to think he is magically going to find his scoring touch. I think he's definitely an NHLer (already), I just don't think he's ever going to actually put up any meaningful numbers.
    Ya I hear you on that, expectations clearly need to be lowered, perhaps significantly. Maybe he is a roto monster in the making, seriously, he is now up to 31 hits in 9 games played. WTF?

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Ya I hear you on that, expectations clearly need to be lowered, perhaps significantly. Maybe he is a roto monster in the making, seriously, he is now up to 31 hits in 9 games played. WTF?
    he is also playing a different role than he has in the past in Van. I dont see 4 hits a game lasting forever but in some multiact leagues he could have use. Im still holding onto him in few leagues but if you are compatible i think he is waste of space atm. If you are not, maybe can give him another year or 2 and see what is there. If he hits anywhere close to 2 a game and scores 35-40 points that still will be useful.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    he is also playing a different role than he has in the past in Van. I dont see 4 hits a game lasting forever but in some multiact leagues he could have use. Im still holding onto him in few leagues but if you are compatible i think he is waste of space atm. If you are not, maybe can give him another year or 2 and see what is there. If he hits anywhere close to 2 a game and scores 35-40 points that still will be useful.
    Well this is exactly what I'm beginning to think. I can afford to wait a bit on him for sure although I don't like carrying dead wood but, with Podkolzin, I'm now too sure what the hell to expect, so ya, wait and see for sure.

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops