• Stutzle

15 88.24%
  • Byfield

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stutzle vs Byfield

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Stutzle vs Byfield

Hey all. Next year and going forward, which would you prefer in a points only league? (G=1, A=1)

Thanks
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Stutzle vs Byfield

Stutzle for me.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Star

Could go either way, but I think it has to be Stutzle based on the information we have available. Getting to a productive place first is usually the signifier of longer-term success with scoring forwards.

Dobber Sports Deity

It wasn't that long ago that Stutzle had a big lead in this race but Byfield has certainly made a comeback and for me, will eventually pass Stutzle.

I am voting Byfield in this marathon but it's close. I just think the progression Byfield has shown continues and he has so much more to show.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

For the next 2-3 years, gimme Stutzle but after that, I think it’s could be fairly equal.
    No bad choice here, but I prefer Stutzle for the immediate production slight upgrade.
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Veteran

I voted Stutzle.

Byfield could certainly overtake him. But I think there are sunnier days ahead in Ottawa as the organization is roughly at their bottom now with a good future core in place. On the other hand, the Kings seem poised to take a step (or two or three) back over the next few seasons when the Kopitars, Doughtys, etc. age out.

Which is just to say that if forced to choose, I currently have more confidence in Stutzle having the surrounding talent to help him maintain or improve his current trajectory moving forward than I do with Byfield.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think they will both be consistently at point per game plus for a while… I do prefer Stutzle as I think he just had a down year
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ace

Stutzle now and later on for me, bit of a down year for him but he will rebound. Had 39 goals/ 90pts last year at 21 years old.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

In a point only league, it's Stutzle and it's not even close.

Dobber Sports Deity

I love being one of the few to say Byfield here. Also surprised more aren't paying attention to Byfield and his progress and seeing his ascension.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Muir View Post
    For the next 2-3 years, gimme Stutzle but after that, I think it’s could be fairly equal.
    No bad choice here, but I prefer Stutzle for the immediate production slight upgrade.
    This. Trajectory for Byfield looks nice but I'm taking the guy doing it now.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I love being one of the few to say Byfield here. Also surprised more aren't paying attention to Byfield and his progress and seeing his ascension.
    i dont think what you say here is true at all....we do pay attention to Byfield at least i do. And i think he will be great i just dont think he is as explosive as Stutzle and for Byfield to beat Stutzle year and year out i believe he needs to score 90+ points consistently and im not sure that is in the card for him.

both are excellent and im very glad to own them both in 3 of may pools and then one each of them in 2 separate pools as well. So im all in on both but Stutzle just appears to be bit more special to me.

what surprises me about Byfield when it comes to fantasy is lack of physicality. I thought he will be more of a well rounded fantasy producers but still getting guy that should be PPG for a while is very good.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i dont think what you say here is true at all....we do pay attention to Byfield at least i do. And i think he will be great i just dont think he is as explosive as Stutzle and for Byfield to beat Stutzle year and year out i believe he needs to score 90+ points consistently and im not sure that is in the card for him.

both are excellent and im very glad to own them both in 3 of may pools and then one each of them in 2 separate pools as well. So im all in on both but Stutzle just appears to be bit more special to me.

what surprises me about Byfield when it comes to fantasy is lack of physicality. I thought he will be more of a well rounded fantasy producers but still getting guy that should be PPG for a while is very good.
    This year, no, but neither will Stutzle. This year he's pretty much keeping pace with Stutzle. Bigger players always take longer to develop and Byfield is trending in the right direction. I believe it's just a matter of time before he catches and passes Stutzle. I don't care what Byfield has or hasn't done to this point. He's getting there and only getting better. I'm not saying Stutzle isn't progressing but I'm not sure he isn't anything more than we've already seen. It just seems like most are saying Stutzle has hit 90pts and Byfield hasn't so Stutzle is the right pick. If that's your thinking for these young kids then go for Stutzle. If you have your eyes open to what's going on, you could/should see that Byfield and his big body are progressing at a fantastic rate.

As far as the lack of physical play, that's hardly a concern for me.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This year, no, but neither will Stutzle. This year he's pretty much keeping pace with Stutzle. Bigger players always take longer to develop and Byfield is trending in the right direction. I believe it's just a matter of time before he catches and passes Stutzle. I don't care what Byfield has or hasn't done to this point. He's getting there and only getting better. I'm not saying Stutzle isn't progressing but I'm not sure he isn't anything more than we've already seen.

As far as the lack of physical play, that's hardly a concern for me.
    we all like some players more than other, nothing worst than that....but Byfield is not keeping up with Stutzle at all...15% difference in points is a lot ..its basically saying that PPG players are same as 70 points players.

I love both but i would not trade Sutzle straight up for Byfield.

and the lack of physicality does not concern me either but it surprises me, i expected him to be more physical.

Dobber Sports Deity

That is why I'm saying we'll circle back here in a couple years and someone will be having a good chuckle.