Thread: Possible trades - REP where I can

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Possible trades - REP where I can

Hi everyone,

I got an offer recently for his J Carlson for my Askarov. I'm competing (likely to finish just out of the money) and he's just starting a rebuild. I don't want to do that deal as my D is pretty good right now and I was going to wait for Askarov to be established before trading one of my goalies. I was looking at his roster and saw P Kane and Fiala as possible fits on my team.

Are these trades out of whack? Should I ask for more or less?

1) P Kane for Laine. This should be a crazy overpay but Laine hasn't played a full season since 2018-2019.
    2) Fiala plus a good pick for Faber and W Johnston

Thanks, and REP where I can!
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Possible trades - REP where I can

Don't trade Askarov for Carlson. Elite goaltender prospects are still voodoo, but usually much less so than regular ones. Can't deal Askarov now, especially for a guy whose value is rapidly fading.

I personally wouldn't trade anything of value for Patrick Kane. I was wrong about him this year, so far. But I wouldn't deal Laine for him.

I would target Fiala, his traditional second half surge is happening now. But I'd try to send Faber and Peterka instead of Johnston.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Carlson is not enough for Askarov, I have no problem trading him but ask for a young proven asset if you do so.
    I have lost my faith Laine will be a superstar but I think Kane is not a good target. Just with the name, you could probably get better.
    Fiala is a great target, but I think you will have to offer more than Faber and Johnson.
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Askarov for Carlson: No. Carlson's talents are waning and there are rumours that the Devils are pushing hard to acquire Saros, which means Askarov could be the #1 guy in Nashville as early as next season (I'm assuming that Vanecek probably comes back to Nashville as an any trade, leaving Askarov in the AHL this year).

Kane for Laine: Yes. I agree with senryu that you shouldn't give up anything if value for Kane, but I also agree with Dave that Laine probably doesn't have any value. I don't even think he has name value left after this point. Take what you can get for him.

Fiala for Faber and Johnston: Probably not. I like the idea of selling high on Faber before people realize that he's kind of fallen off a cliff lately, but I don't like the idea of giving up Johnston. The kid's going to be a stud and he's especially shown great chemistry with Stankoven since his call up. I traded him away in the offseason and I kick myself every day for doing it. If you can do Faber and Peterka, that's a move I'd make.
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports Superstar

Askarov for Carlson: This is a hard pass for me. Carlson and the Caps are in decline and the next few years are not likely going to be memorable for the Caps, their fans or their fantasy owners. Conversely, with all the talk of a Saros trade and the obvious willingness of the Preds to consider moving Saros speaks volumes for Askarov's current and future value and is a pretty clear indicator that Askarov is very very close to the NHL. Keep Askarov.

Kane for Laine: I'm not sure how many "strikes" Laine has against him based on the general fantasy hockey consensus out there, but as far as I am concerned its most definitely time to move on and make Laine someone else's headache. Kane would be a nice replacement in the short term. However, this is a short-term solution and the price you pay should reflect that, meaning I'm not overreaching for Kane to do this and getting this deal done should not be a priority for you.

Fiala for Faber and Johnston: While I like the potential of both Johnston and Faber I don't believe they are keepers for you, not next year or the year after in all likelihood. Fiala absolutely is. With both Laine and Norris currently on your roster (Norris making a hard run for Band Aid Boy President with his glass shoulder) I really think adding Fiala to your keeper mix is a good idea. Laine is a flake and totally undependable and Norris spends more time on IR than on the ice. This, IMO is the deal you need to try and get done.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I wouldn't do the goalie trade.
    Personally I don't mind the Kane trade if you think it can help you this year. Laine is a wild card.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks guys, REP'd where I could!
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)