11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brandon Hagel

10 90.91%
  • Casey Mittelstadt

1 9.09%

Thread: Hagel vs Mittelstadt

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Hagel vs Mittelstadt

28 Team dynasty league that uses NHL AAV and the NHL salary cap and count G, A, +/-, PK TOI, Hits, blocked shots, takeaways, FOWs (for Cs), TOI/G.

Who do you prefer, Brandon Hagel signed for 8 more seasons at $6.5M or Casey Mittelstadt who's a pending RFA.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Hagel vs Mittelstadt

Hagel for me. You pretty much know where he's playing and with who for years. Imagine what he'd be doing if he got PP1 time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Hagel has been steadily trending upwards four seasons in a row.
    He's the real deal.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I have learned to trust in the TB analytics department.
    So I go with Hagel.

Dobber Sports Ace

In addition to the aformention reasons, Buffalo is brimming with talent in their farm system. They have a number of players that could push Mittlestadt for ice time and if any are successful you'll be left holding the bag.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Deity

To be honest, with Mittlestadt needing a new deal this summer, and Buffalo on the outside looking in at the playoffs, I wont be surprised if he's not dealt before or at the trade deadline.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

How about if the proposed deal was Hagel for Boone Jenner + Casey Mittelstadt? 28 Team league with deep farm/prospect rosters.

Dobber Sports Deity

I like Jenner a lot in this format, especially at that cap hit.

In a one for two deal, it's never just one for two and there has to be room for the other guy coming in. I dont know which side of this you are on but it would depend on the full scope of the trade and the rest of your roster. Two centers on one side of this trade vs one LW on the other.

I dont have all the information so I am not going to say which side I prefer in this trade. I like all the players involved so without the full scope, I will just stick with that.

Feel free to continue to add information required to really answer your question.

Dobber Sports Icon

I currently have Hagel. I would end up dropping Sam Gagner. Both Jenner and Mittelstadt are considered C/LW in our league as we use capfriendly.com for positions.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd seriously consider it, although I wont lie, Mittlestadt's next contract probably prices him out of my "like" category.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I just don't like the uncertainty surrounding Mittlestadt here. The Sabre's are loaded with young forwards both rostered and on the way, Mittlestadt is an RFA. What does all this mean? I dunno for sure, but unknown CAP and unknown deployment are enough to scare me off. Accordingly, I'm sticking with Hagel, it would be nice to have Jenner but I'm just not convinced Jenner and Mittelstadt is going to pay off at the cost of Hagel.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Boone Jenner is a terrific real-NHL player.
    But his hands are just... probably sub NHL-average.
    Not a passer - and most of his goals are more of the "grit"/tip/banger variety.

I'd definitely want Jenner+Mitts for Hagel+ (assuming the plus is fair).
    I think Jenner is a fine NHL-ager... quite like 75% of a Patrice Bergeron.
    Even though he comes across as "gritty"... I don't see him as injury-prone as the games he's missed.
    I think he'll take care of that body into the 30s (which is always a real-fantasy-world trade concern).

The thing I like about this trade is that Mitt's stats have "dropped off" since Tage returned.
    This is good because he was (!) thru end-Jan... on pace for a Dylan Cozens type of emerging year (70-80pt range)
    And you don't want a Dylan Cozens type price tag on him.

But his FEB has been lackluster with just 3pts in 10gp.
    So... now he's on pace more for 60-ish points, I believe... and possibly high 50s... for RFA $$$... that would help BUF and his cap-fantasy owners!
    Hopefully he continues to "slump" for remainder of season and they can lock him in at more like $6m than $7m.
    And I think they will.

[The other possibility... is that Mitts becomes the next Tavares/Giroux/DeBrincat. A kid that loved his hometown area team so much that he makes an effort to get back there... and MIN could REALLY use a young high-end center like him to slot with JEEk and Rossi. Minnesota folk are VERY proud of their hockey... see Ryan Suter... and probably would love to end up back there. Not sure if he has wife/gf... but that always comes into play. A LOT of potential for Mittelstadt if he ended up in MIN with Kaprizov, Yurov, Boldy. Yum.]