Thread: Fantilli for Luke Hughes

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Fantilli for Luke Hughes

16 team dynasty league minor eligibility for 150 games. It’s a category H2H league and stats are G, A, PTs, SOG, HITs, Blks, TOI and FOW I need defense more then Centres.

I traded my Fantilli for Luke Hughes and a 1st that should be a top 10 pick.

How did I do?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Fantilli for Luke Hughes

i think you did ok but i fully expect Fantili to be a better producer. Question is, what is a value of D vs F in your league.

That pick does not excite me much this year unless it was top 2
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i think you did ok but i fully expect Fantili to be a better producer. Question is, what is a value of D vs F in your league.

That pick does not excite me much this year unless it was top 2
    It does look like it’s going going to be a decent draft IMO but Cs tend to have lower value then Wingers and Dman.

You don’t think Luke will be a big producer?

Dobber Sports Ace

I prefer Fantilli to L. Hughes. Centers are usually easier to come by than Dmen are, but Fantilli is a Center I would absolutely want.

Dobber Sports Ace

I think the trade is fine, you needed D and got that. Both great young players to own and got a pick on top of it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    I prefer Fantilli to L. Hughes. Centers are usually easier to come by than Dmen are, but Fantilli is a Center I would absolutely want.
    Yeah that’s what I was thinking but I thought it helped me positionally and the trade was lateral (the pick was just to good to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    I think the trade is fine, you needed D and got that. Both great young players to own and got a pick on top of it.
    Yeah that’s what I was thinking.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would have kept Fantilli but the 1st rounder is a sweet add. Not a bad trade altogether

I'm a big Luke Hughes believer but I'll go against the grain here:

He wouldnt be as much of a hot name without his two brothers and he wouldnt have as much points if Jack wasnt consistently looking out for him.

When Jack was injured Luke didn't do much. Hear me out, he's still really good but I just don't think he's really THAT ahead of Nemec and he currently benefits from Hamilton beeing on the LTIR

I know its a controversial take but just to prove my point about Luke having the Jack priviledge, he had the PP1 spot even back when Dougie was healthy while Dougie outscored him WITHOUT powerplay time. Did we ever see a similar situation ever?

Now Fantilli is already looking pretty good and he's got no one ahead of him on the roster. I gotta admit I don't know much about CLB prospects outside of Mateychuk though.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Overated Veteran View Post
    I would have kept Fantilli but the 1st rounder is a sweet add. Not a bad trade altogether

I'm a big Luke Hughes believer but I'll go against the grain here:

He wouldnt be as much of a hot name without his two brothers and he wouldnt have as much points if Jack wasnt consistently looking out for him.

When Jack was injured Luke didn't do much. Hear me out, he's still really good but I just don't think he's really THAT ahead of Nemec and he currently benefits from Hamilton beeing on the LTIR

I know its a controversial take but just to prove my point about Luke having the Jack priviledge, he had the PP1 spot even back when Dougie was healthy while Dougie outscored him WITHOUT powerplay time. Did we ever see a similar situation ever?

Now Fantilli is already looking pretty good and he's got no one ahead of him on the roster. I gotta admit I don't know much about CLB prospects outside of Mateychuk though.

I don’t think this is a controversial take at all. Seems like a pretty accurate assessment.

Dobber Sports Deity

If this was a points only league I'd like it, but much like Quinn, Luke is a one dimensional player; offense and no grit, and this is a multicat league so Luke's value isn't as great as you may like it to be.

As mentioned, the 1st round pick takes away the sting, but as far as your roster is concerned today, you took a step back. Just my opinion.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

If Cs have a lower value in your league then I definitely like this trade for you. There's a good chance you'll get another stud D with the 1st round pick. As someone who watches a lot of Devils games, Veteran's assessment is spot on. One thing to keep in mind is that he's 20 and has been thrust into a high profile, demanding role. As he gets better he'll be a top 10 dman in the league.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think this was just OK. Not great, but OK particularly if it fulfilled a positional requirement. However, without seeing the rest of your D it does make it risky to assume this did in fact addressed a positional requirement. Lots has been said here and ya, I also think Fantilli will be elite and I also think the draft pick evening things out is far from a given. Sorry but I'll also throw this out: Hughes is -18! The Devils as a team are -7, Luke ain't helping. Not conducive to a deep playoff run I would suggest. Ya, he is only 20 and the offense is there. BUT, how long will the Devils seemingly look the other way to the defensive liabilities that Hughes clearly has demonstrated. Perhaps until a more defensively responsible Nemec is ready to take Luke's place?? Just sayin', it may or may not be a significant concern. I think this may be a bit of the "special treatment" Veteran refers to, honestly, I would think most NHL teams would have sent a 20 year old with a pretty scary +/- deficiency to the A to learn how to play some NHL D????
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Luke is a rookie. Yes he's shown some flashes but still a work in progress. To even compare him with Doug Hamilton at this point is ludicrous.
    16 Team Dynasty
    G A PPP PIM SOG HIT
    W GAA SV% SO
    C(2)TThompson,CBedard,AFantilli, JEichel
    LW(2)DVoronkov,JSlafkovsky,WEklund, PLaine
    RW(2)LRaymond,KMarchenko,BMcMann,DMercer, AHoltz,JRoy
    Def(4)JTrouba,CAddison,LHughes,JDrysdale, RSandin,MSergachev
    G(2)KVegmelka,JWoll,FSandstrom
    Farm:ANikishin,OZellweger,ASilovs,SCossa,
    YAskarov,LReichel,DJiricek,MMichkov,JPoirier,
    DMateychuk,JFirkus,DHildeby
    1st Rdrs x 4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I think this was just OK. Not great, but OK particularly if it fulfilled a positional requirement. However, without seeing the rest of your D it does make it risky to assume this did in fact addressed a positional requirement. Lots has been said here and ya, I also think Fantilli will be elite and I also think the draft pick evening things out is far from a given. Sorry but I'll also throw this out: Hughes is -18! The Devils as a team are -7, Luke ain't helping. Not conducive to a deep playoff run I would suggest. Ya, he is only 20 and the offense is there. BUT, how long will the Devils seemingly look the other way to the defensive liabilities that Hughes clearly has demonstrated. Perhaps until a more defensively responsible Nemec is ready to take Luke's place?? Just sayin', it may or may not be a significant concern. I think this may be a bit of the "special treatment" Veteran refers to, honestly, I would think most NHL teams would have sent a 20 year old with a pretty scary +/- deficiency to the A to learn how to play some NHL D????
    Hughes has definitely regressed or hit the rookie wall, whichever word you are more comfortable with. He has made a lot of defensive mistakes some which have directly led to goals. You can't deny his skating and zone entries and his playmaking, decision-making, and defensive game should all improve. I feel a big part of NJ's PP issues are related to Hughes poor play. And Nemec's overall game is clearly better than Hughes and I can envision Hamilton coming back next year and taking back his PP1 role thus thwarting Hughes' value. I can already see his value tanking and him being a great buy-low next year.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Quote Originally Posted by CoolandDeadly View Post
    Luke is a rookie. Yes he's shown some flashes but still a work in progress. To even compare him with Doug Hamilton at this point is ludicrous.
    I respect your take, as I also believe it's not fair to compare him with a solid number1 D thats established in the league.

But in a situation like this you actually have to compare him since he stole Dougie's spot on the PP1 unit.

I mean, how could you not compare both guys? Dougie had 16 points in 20 games with next to no powerplay time. That is absolutly nuts.

As I said, I never seen a situation like this before. Even Dahlin who went 1st overall did not have this kind of playtime in his first season.