Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thoughts on Button's Prospect Ranking

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Thoughts on Button's Prospect Ranking

But ton's job is to sell advertising. The status quo does not do that so he makes stuff up just to be different. There's a reason he no longer has an NHL job.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Button is a disaster and deserves only ridicule before being ignored.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by pdel21 View Post
    Hmm, well then, I think I should jump on him. Question now is, who to drop as I am up against a player limit. Maybe Gunler?
    I prefer Ritchie to 3/4 of your farm. I think Gunler is a good choice
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Easy to pick on lists. But I don't see any legitimate world where each of the below is less than Ritchie

Gabe Perrault
    Dustin Wolf
    Lane Hutson
    Yaroslav Askarov
    Jesper Wallstedt
    Devon Levi
    David Jiricek
    Logan Stankoven
    Olen Zellweger

If any of these were offered to Colorado for Ritchie, then Joe Sakic breaks his ankles running to the phone to say yes.

Calum Ritchie, to me, seems like a B level prospect, someone you'd like to have, but nothing about him screams 1st liner.
    Mic drop!

I'm all for backing your horse and taking a shot at an outlier but that list is nutty!

Comes down to this: if I'm counting on my young guns to step in and replace my aging stars or even to begin a whole new run (rebuild)- everyone on that list pretty well is a bonafide blue chip stud with as close to a "star" floor as you can get and real upside to become a gamebreaking asset at some point.

Ritchie is not... not yet anyways. I guess Button is saying he thinks he can get there- which is interesting but if the advice is to move any of those guys for Ritchie today I just feel like thats objectively bad advice.

Reminds me of that stock watch YouTuber who makes all his "buys" for the day and then rolls the dice on the last one just for kicks. I'll reiterate that I think the fact Button likes him so much is a worthwhile talking point- but if anyone's using that as a realistic guide for prospect valuations??? Good.luck to ya....
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by DangerCat View Post
    Yikes eh? Hilariously enough without Button’s insight I picked Denisenko but at like 13 OA. Did trade him for roster players trying to not get relegated from my league. I mean if we’re real there was a tremendous amount of hype around denisenko and Kravstov both in their draft years but Denisenko at 1? I mean how did he come to that conclusion? That was like the guys saying Eichel shoulda been chosen over McDavid or Fantilli over Bedard like no nobody should think that or should’ve thought that but for the sake of controversy we’ll say it. I don’t follow button but to me that seems to be his modus operandi.
    I liked Denisenko back then lol! As a dyed in the wool.Michkov fan and owner- I will say drafting talented Russian players really is like.playimg some form of roulette. The swings and misses are on overdrive lol!

I bought all the Filat9v hype haha!!
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa

Dobber Sports Superstar

Craig "every day is a bad hair day" Button is taking a bit of a beating here (:

Good discussion. Bottom line, I think if you can afford to pick up Ritchie it could turn out to be a low risk high reward return. Or it is a complete bust, but again if your league allows and if it costs you little or nothing, why not.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post

12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
    I liked Denisenko back then lol! As a dyed in the wool.Michkov fan and owner- I will say drafting talented Russian players really is like.playimg some form of roulette. The swings and misses are on overdrive lol!

I hear you on that. The NHL is the best league in the world and it’s so hard to predict what a kid (that’s really what these guys are still!) will do in it. I do believe Michkov is a safe bet to be a star if not super-star as I’ve been hearing about this kid for as long as I’ve been hearing about Bedard, but there’s always a chance he doesn’t come over or is a bust. Here’s to hoping!