Thread: Picks trade 2024 NHL draft

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Picks trade 2024 NHL draft

I have a proposal on the table;

My 2024 1st round pick (between 5-8th overall) for two 2024 1st round pick (both 10-14th overall).

Should I accepted

Rep to all
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Picks trade 2024 NHL draft

It's a tough question to answer since your ranges are quite large. If your first ends up being 8th and the firsts you get in return end up being 10th and 11th, this is a good deal. But if it's 5th going out for 13th and 14th, I'm out. So it comes down to likelihood for me.

Likelihood aside, I'm a quality over quantity guy, if I had to decide right now, I'm keeping that higher pick.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

The Great One

Looking at your roster suggests 400-450 total players owned leaguewide. That plus it being a full dynasty tilts me toward the two picks.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Normally it's very dangerous to trade down - since "elite" talent wins most fantasy hockey leagues.

This year,
    1. Celebrini (I don't think anybody sees this changing)
    2-4 incl Levshunov & Demidov + One More (Some like Eiserman, some Catton, some Dickinson, some Calen Lindstrom)

So your trade partner probably has a list and says "I'll take whoever of Catton/Dickinson/Lidstrom falls". Many have Silayev in their top8, consistently, but I don't think he's "Fantasy Top8".
    There does seem to be a 9-15 ish group... so you are looking at two of those.

Trades are always apples-for-apples.
    So 2-for-2 here.

Catton/Lindstrom typeF + YourFringeStartingD-for-your-league
    vs
    10-14 range typeF + Parekh/Buium/YakemchukD

IDK... you'd have to get some projections for these guys and run the numbers.

If this is for your 16-team 9F/4D/1G league, then your "counting rosters" run about 144F/64D/16G.
    So what are the odds of these players being "top half" type players - i.e. 72F/32D?

IDK, usually you are looking at "Top7 drafted forwards" from past 10 drafts = 70
    And that would also be "Top3 drafted defenseman" from 10 drafts (D-men usually peak in yr3-yr12) = 30

So... in your league, top10 draft picks are important - as they may have "top half" of counting players value.
    So...

I'm probably passing.
    If your starting rosters counted more players, say a 24 team x 12F/6D league... then yes, I'm making the trade for the two picks.
    But in a 16 team x 9F/4D league... I'm passing and holding the 5th-8th pick.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Are players undrafted into your league available? Or just this years draft? Just as an example if you have two cracks at getting a guy like Nikishkin it's worth the trade down to me. I like the two picks anyways though in that they are not much lower. Unless there is some guy you really want between 5 and 10 it seems like a great deal .

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.