Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Package for Rantanen

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Package for Rantanen

Maybe it's just me, but when a trade starts morphing all over the damn place like this one is I walk away. I'm not saying this is the case here, only you might know for sure, but this is a standard trading ploy: swapping players in and out and complicating the hell out of things to the point where YOU, just might make a mistake. Just sayin'
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but when a trade starts morphing all over the damn place like this one is I walk away. I'm not saying this is the case here, only you might know for sure, but this is a standard trading ploy: swapping players in and out and complicating the hell out of things to the point where YOU, just might make a mistake. Just sayin'
    That's fair - I'm actually the one that complicated it at the last second, seeing an opportunity with Grubs taking the crease from Daccord potentially, seeing a chance to upgrade and get Markstrom.

It was just Panarin, Larkin, Nichushkin for Rantanen, Zibanejad, Marchessault, and then I found a way to move Kopitar and Foerster for Markstrom and Holtz.

On the 3 for 3 alone, do you think that was alright? I like Rantanen and Zib better than Panarin and Larkin, and Marchessault will be a great piece for the playoffs this year with unknowns surrounding Nichushkin. Definitely a downgrade if he picked up right where he left off, but with the other 2 upgrades I really like it, and manage to improve my goalie and rw position.
    12 Teams H2H Keeper (17 Kept): 22 roster spots (5 bench/5 Rounds Draft), 5 IR+, 1 NA
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PPP/SoG/Hits/Blocks
    Goalies: W/SV%/SHO

C: Matthews, Barkov, Zibanejad, Jenner
    LW: Kaprizov, Keller, Kreider, Marchand
    RW: Marner, Nylander, Rantanen, Marchessault, Holtz
    D: Hedman, Werenski, Theodore, Montour, Gudas, Carlson
    G: Oettinger, Markstrom, Daccord

IR: Guentzel, Sergachev

NA: Stankoven

Tried to replicate Dynasty League in Yahoo, but will be switching to FanTrax next year with a larger farm/minor league setup.

Standings: 1st place, 16-3-0.

Dobber Sports Superstar

OH, you're the bad ass complicating the hell out of everything (:

I don't mind this trade. I don't think it's a slam dunk by any means but your happy and that's all good and the parts I like most about the deal are that you definitely got younger with Rantanen vice Panarin and you moved out the significant red flag associated with Nichushkin that could well be a headache you simply don't need. I'm not sure there is going to be a big difference pts and/or fantasy wise in general here, but when the dust all settles even if it's a wash you have accomplished what we have already discussed and that's just fine.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    OH, you're the bad ass complicating the hell out of everything (:

I don't mind this trade. I don't think it's a slam dunk by any means but your happy and that's all good and the parts I like most about the deal are that you definitely got younger with Rantanen vice Panarin and you moved out the significant red flag associated with Nichushkin that could well be a headache you simply don't need. I'm not sure there is going to be a big difference pts and/or fantasy wise in general here, but when the dust all settles even if it's a wash you have accomplished what we have already discussed and that's just fine.
    Hahah, yup, that's me :P

I appreciate that. I didn't think it was a slamdunk either, but I think it moved the needle a bit for me, especially when it comes to long term keeper value with Rantanen. Getting the best name in the deal is always a good feeling, especially when looking at my signature, I didn't have to give up any of my bigger/younger names.

Thanks! You've brought me some peace and excitement hahah
    12 Teams H2H Keeper (17 Kept): 22 roster spots (5 bench/5 Rounds Draft), 5 IR+, 1 NA
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PPP/SoG/Hits/Blocks
    Goalies: W/SV%/SHO

C: Matthews, Barkov, Zibanejad, Jenner
    LW: Kaprizov, Keller, Kreider, Marchand
    RW: Marner, Nylander, Rantanen, Marchessault, Holtz
    D: Hedman, Werenski, Theodore, Montour, Gudas, Carlson
    G: Oettinger, Markstrom, Daccord

IR: Guentzel, Sergachev

NA: Stankoven

Tried to replicate Dynasty League in Yahoo, but will be switching to FanTrax next year with a larger farm/minor league setup.

Standings: 1st place, 16-3-0.