Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: AM34 running away with the Hart

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default AM34 running away with the Hart

50 in 54. On pace for 76

I don't see a universe where anyone scores 70+ and doesn't get MVP.

Sorry Mack... looks like you'll have to wait for yet another year for your turn

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: AM34 running away with the Hart

I don't think he's running away with it. Great year be for sure but I think Kucherov, MacKinnon and even McDavid are right there with him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

I wonder what the odds say? The site I use doesn't have the bet listed.

Dobber Sports Icon

If you score 70 but only have 30 assists there's no way you should win the Hart especially when your team is barely top 10 in the league.

Dobber Sports Titan

Hart Odds:
    MacKinnon - +160
    Kucherov - +270
    Matthews - +300
    McDavid - +340
    Pastrnak - +2000

I wouldn't say he's running away with it, but I think there's going to be a heavier bias on Matthews because he's an American in Toronto. American reporters might lean his way, GTA reporters might lean his way. It's a media/reporters voted award, and that would hurt Kuckerov at this point because of what he did in the ASG. I'm not saying it's the reason, but it might be the tiebreaker for a reporter between him and someone.

Because Matthews push for MVP is different from the other 3 (pure goal scoring, best defense out of the other 3, or at least tied with McDavid) it could make for a bit of vote splitting between the Mac, McDavid and Kuch.

But ya, I have nooooo idea how voters are going to decided between the 4 fairly because they all deserve an MVP they did this in separate years.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Hart Odds:
    MacKinnon - +160
    Kucherov - +270
    Matthews - +300
    McDavid - +340
    Pastrnak - +2000

I wouldn't say he's running away with it, but I think there's going to be a heavier bias on Matthews because he's an American in Toronto. American reporters might lean his way, GTA reporters might lean his way. It's a media/reporters voted award, and that would hurt Kuckerov at this point because of what he did in the ASG. I'm not saying it's the reason, but it might be the tiebreaker for a reporter between him and someone.

Because Matthews push for MVP is different from the other 3 (pure goal scoring, best defense out of the other 3, or at least tied with McDavid) it could make for a bit of vote splitting between the Mac, McDavid and Kuch.

But ya, I have nooooo idea how voters are going to decided between the 4 fairly because they all deserve an MVP they did this in separate years.
    The odds account for the possibility AM doesn't continue his current pace (which is fair). If he does continue at his current pace, then you'll see the odds narrow fast and he will quickly separate himself.

Just think about it. There's nothing unique about what Mack/Kuch/McJesus are doing. You're gonna have 3 guys who are all statistically about the same. They're not gonna win by posting 120+ points (which happens almost every year).

Then you've got the first 70+ goal scorer in over 30 years. We haven't seen anything like this since Selanne and Almo! It's a no brainer if he pulls it off.

Dobber Sports Sage

They should never have given it to him when he got 60 goals.

I think it will be pretty hard to deny him MVP now if he hits 75. Don't think I'd be against it either.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Icon

not to take anything away from this accomplishment, but he's known for putting up gawdy G totals, so how is that any different than those others that regularly put up 100+ points every season?

i dunno...what if he stalls out at 67, and gets like 90-95 points (i know unlikely but..) is he still a Hart fav? Still has more G than everyone else
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    not to take anything away from this accomplishment, but he's known for putting up gawdy G totals, so how is that any different than those others that regularly put up 100+ points every season?

i dunno...what if he stalls out at 67, and gets like 90-95 points (i know unlikely but..) is he still a Hart fav? Still has more G than everyone else
    It's all relative... how many 100+ point scorers are there vs 65+ goal scorers?

Probably 30:1 if I had to guess.. the only 2 in modern history to hit 65+ are OV and Stammer whereas there's tons of 100+ scorers every year

The Great One

I feel like McDavid has to do all the better than everyone else, to avoid the "oh they're just giving it to him again" perception. The issue is the other three are all superb in their own rights, so they might cancel things out and, ironically, McDavid might win due to familiarity and the sense that he's just the best player in the NHL period. It is definitely fun to speculate and have it be something that's actually up for debate for a change.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

It will be interesting. Even if he slows down with the amount of games he has left, scoring at a goal every other game that puts him at 65 which I think is the minimum he needs to hit to be considered for the Hart assuming both Kuch/Mack continue producing at their current pace which is 135 points+.

So if Kuch ends with 50 goals and 130 points does 70 goals and 110 points better that? Its razor thin. Matthews entire bid is based on his goals so he needs to continue to rip it up.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It's all relative... how many 100+ point scorers are there vs 65+ goal scorers?

Probably 30:1 if I had to guess.. the only 2 in modern history to hit 65+ are OV and Stammer whereas there's tons of 100+ scorers every year
    I agree but were talking 130+ points which there has only been one player since 1995 to do that, Connor McDavid last year.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

The Great One

But as I said, ironically the fact that both Kuch and Mac are excelling to the extent they are might make their overall superb scoring stand out less, versus Matthews' goal total, which has no one even remotely in the stratosphere.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    But as I said, ironically the fact that both Kuch and Mac are excelling to the extent they are might make their overall superb scoring stand out less, versus Matthews' goal total, which has no one even remotely in the stratosphere.
    Not to mention that Matthews gets far more media coverage than Kucherov or MacKinnon.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Also, it's not like Tampa is locked in a playoff spot. And missing the playoffs would hurt Kuch.

WildCard:
    Tampa - 65pts/57GP (+2DIFF)
    Detroit - 64pts/55GP(+15DIFF)

NJD - 60pts/55GP (-6DIFF)
    NYI - 60pts/55GP (-22DIFF)
    Wash - 58pts/54GP (-32DIFF)
    Pitts - 56pts/53GP (+11DIFF)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll