Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Barkov or Miller

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Barkov or Miller

So in one of my keepers, points only no cap, I've been offered Barkov for Miller. Positions don't matter (we just score fwds, D, and G). There's a slight pick upgrade coming to me as well but that's minimal. Looking at them over the past 3yrs Barkov avgs a slightly better ppg % but also missed more time so his overall productivity is less than Miller.

I'm a big Miller fan, even in a points only format, but Barkov is tempting too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Barkov or Miller

I’ve always liked Barkov. However it seems as if Barkov has been in and out of the lineup this season more so than seasons past. I get to watch the Vancouver games and really like what JT is doing.
    I would keep JT Miller.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Superstar

Miller

Dobber Sports Star

Doesn't this feel like Miller's career year? I feel like this is the outlier season and that next year, Vancouver will settle down a bit. Barkov's body and skill set seem like it would last longer than the hard-hitting Miller. I'd lean Barkov as the longer, more dependable play.

Dobber Sports Ace

They are very close for me but slightly prefer Barkov in your settings

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Slight edge to Barkov imo
    20 Team Dynasty - Categories (Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 7 D, 2 SKT, 2 Goalies)

Skater Categories - G, A, PTS, Pim, PPG, PPP, SHP, GWG, HT, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW

Goalie Categories - W, GA, GAA, SVS, SV %, SO

C- McDavid, Pettersson, Eichel, Aho, Stutzle, Cirelli, R Strome
    LW- Kaprizov, Roberston, Connor, Guentzel, Boldy, Killorn
    RW- Pastrnak, M Tkachuk, Marner, Hyman, Fiala, Meier
    D- Ferraro, Lauzon, McCabe, Seeler, Gudbranson, Clifton, Dillon, Murphy, Brodin, Graves, Pelech
    G
    - Sorokin, Kochetkov, Nedeljkovic

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Doesn't this feel like Miller's career year? I feel like this is the outlier season and that next year, Vancouver will settle down a bit. Barkov's body and skill set seem like it would last longer than the hard-hitting Miller. I'd lean Barkov as the longer, more dependable play.
    This is what's giving me pause. I realize if I simply look at just this year, or even last year combined, Miller is the better asset but I'm trying to look past this year.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Miller is the kind of player very hard to trade because he is so good but has no name value in most league.
    You will probably never get better than Barkov for him so I would accept if I were you as I prefer Barkov long term.
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This is what's giving me pause. I realize if I simply look at just this year, or even last year combined, Miller is the better asset but I'm trying to look past this year.
    Then the consideration is whether you're currently contending for the title. If you are, then Miller. If not, then Barkov.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Muir View Post
    Miller is the kind of player very hard to trade because he is so good but has no name value in most league.
    You will probably never get better than Barkov for him so I would accept if I were you as I prefer Barkov long term.
    I think this is an astute assessment for points leagues. Barkov has warts, but he's a proven producer when healthy whereas you have Miller's great seasons now and in 2021-22, but then the step back that occurred in2022-23, so you can't be really sold on him being what he is now, not to mention he's over two years older than Barkov and, as a player who does throw his body around, might be more at risk of breaking down earlier. I'm leaning Barkov.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    They said that two season's ago when he scored 99 points in 80 games. I feel like Miller with how good of shape he is and his compete level will be the new Brad Marchand. A guy who was a late bloomer who continues to produce.

Now going back to the trade. It's defiantly fair but I am really turned off on Barkov and his in ability to stay healthy. He's had two healthy seasons his entire career. One where he played 79 games and the other where he played 82 games. The last healthy season was in 2018. Is the risk of him losing 20 games and getting outpointed by a healthy Miller worth the potential 5 to 10 points upside?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    They said that two season's ago when he scored 99 points in 80 games. I feel like Miller with how good of shape he is and his compete level will be the new Brad Marchand. A guy who was a late bloomer who continues to produce.

Now going back to the trade. It's defiantly fair but I am really turned off on Barkov and his in ability to stay healthy. He's had two healthy seasons his entire career. One where he played 79 games and the other where he played 82 games. The last healthy season was in 2018. Is the risk of him losing 20 games and getting outpointed by a healthy Miller worth the potential 5 to 10 points upside?
    Also fair points and definitely weighing in on this decision.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Also fair points and definitely weighing in on this decision.
    One more thing to throw in there. He gets to play with Hughes during his prime at 24, and I am making the assumption that Petterson will sign as well who's only 25 and Brock Boeser for at least one more season. That's 4 leg's of a really good powerplay.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I lean a little more Barkov (also 2 yrs younger), because he is set in FLA. Miller and VAN are not set. Say that because Petty and Brock could both walk this yr, how long before Miller looks else where?

Then I just look at their career.
    Close in games played; Barkov 715 games / 255 g / 430 a / 685 pts / pt oer game rate 0.96
    Miller 776 games / 228 g / 382 a / 610 pts / pt per game rate 0.79

I will take the youth and what is more proven.
    Though I do like the earlier post about Miller maybe being a late bloomer like Marchand and maybe that is how it plays out for next 4-5 yrs.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    I lean a little more Barkov (also 2 yrs younger), because he is set in FLA. Miller and VAN are not set. Say that because Petty and Brock could both walk this yr, how long before Miller looks else where?

Then I just look at their career.
    Close in games played; Barkov 715 games / 255 g / 430 a / 685 pts / pt oer game rate 0.96
    Miller 776 games / 228 g / 382 a / 610 pts / pt per game rate 0.79

I will take the youth and what is more proven.
    Though I do like the earlier post about Miller maybe being a late bloomer like Marchand and maybe that is how it plays out for next 4-5 yrs.
    Miller is on the first year of an 8 year contract he ain't going anywhere.