Thread: Wings extend Rasmussen

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Wings extend Rasmussen

https://twitter.com/m_bultman/status...fdnSkSrDA&s=19

Michael Rasmussen's newly-announced four-year, $3.2 million AAV extension with the Red Wings:
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Wings extend Rasmussen

Seems cheap and good for the Wings.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Yup, When the Wings get really good, i think he will be the right depth player for this team.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Will be an integral party of this team going forward.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Already is. Love it. Great bottom 6 player and

Dobber Sports Stud

Love it. That's WAY lower AAV than I expected. He'll go from bargain to absolute steal by the end of this.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Deity

Maybe it's just me but if he's a bottom six guy, the AAV seems steep. What am I missing? I realize Chicago is overpaying bottom tier guys to keep at the cap floor but what is Detroit doing? I suppose Stevie Y did overpay Klim Kostin this past summer too so maybe he enjoys overpaying for middling players. Can someone give me some comparables as far as cap hit goes vs expected ROI.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Maybe it's just me but if he's a bottom six guy, the AAV seems steep. What am I missing? I realize Chicago is overpaying bottom tier guys to keep at the cap floor but what is Detroit doing? I suppose Stevie Y did overpay Klim Kostin this past summer too so maybe he enjoys overpaying for middling players. Can someone give me some comparables as far as cap hit goes vs expected ROI.
    Yeah that's fair as it stands today - and I guess I should have noted that I don't personally see him as a future bottom-six moving forward, but rather a middle/top-six with PK and PP time (net front) once the Kane's/Perron's move on.

I see him (eventually) similar to what Bertuzzi was on the Wings, with a bit more 'real hockey' value.

I'm not really meaning this in terms of fantasy... so the ROI I can offer is based off of IRL and I think Ras is going to be an incredibly solid player. (Realize not everyone agrees with that take too)

And once the cap starts going up, I think that AAV will be excellent value for what he brings.

Only guy that came to mind off the hop that I see as somewhat similar was Calle Jarnkrok, when NSH gave him 2x6. Not exciting for fantasy purposes but great value for what he brings against the actual cap (imo).
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji