Thread: Player Comparisons

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Player Comparisons

In a league without pims, hits, blocks, etc more weighted to goals, keeper format, how do you think Svechnikov, Boldy, Kaprisov and Stützle will compare in say 2 years and in 4 years?

I posted a trade thread but it might have been too complicated, so trying to simplify into a more straight forward post.

also, I saw talk of Dobson and how Montour went off last year and maybe skepticism about Dobson, where do you think he’ll be in 2-4 years? He is a younger player so I think his trajectory is still pointing up vs montour, that’s why I think it’s different.
    14 Teams Keeper, Points-based, 14 roster spots (4 bench), 1 rookie slot, 2 IR slots
    Daily Lineups

Skaters: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), SG (1), HT (1), OG (1), +/1 (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)

Goalies: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL+ShL (2)

C: Barkov, Malkin
    LW: Kaprisov, Svechnikov
    RW: Boeser, Marchessault
    D: Carlson, Werenski
    G: Kochetkov
    Bench: Pacioretty, Seider, Gustavsson, Markstrom
    Rookie slot: Mitchov

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Player Comparisons

I’d rank them for that timeline
    Kaprizov
    Stutzle
    Boldy
    Svechnikov

I think Dobson is worth acquiring in keeper leagues, he may slow a bit but don’t see him falling off a cliff or anything.

The Great One

In two years Minnesota escapes from cap hell and they can get Kaprizov a top tier center. He should explode. Stutzle is second - he's the real deal and is doing poorly because of an unsustainable low SH%. After that, I see both Boldy and Svech as 70ish point guys. Svech is a tease, but I think he just won't fulfill his potential. Boldy though could still rise futher, so I'd give him a narrow edge over Svech.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    In two years Minnesota escapes from cap hell and they can get Kaprizov a top tier center. He should explode. Stutzle is second - he's the real deal and is doing poorly because of an unsustainable low SH%. After that, I see both Boldy and Svech as 70ish point guys. Svech is a tease, but I think he just won't fulfill his potential. Boldy though could still rise futher, so I'd give him a narrow edge over Svech.
    I mentioned the advantages of Stutzle/Boldy in my other thread, for value comparison, Stutzle is sitting at 2.36 fp/g, Kaprisov at 3.53, Boldy at 2.56, Svech at 2.76 and Dobson at 2.68.

It'd be nice to get a plus from the other side vs me having to add but I understand why he's asking.

Realistically I could have Dobson, Stutzle and Boldy as 3 of my 4 keepers if I wanted, or I could stand pat for now and opt to find another 4 year keeper in the off-season and hang onto Svech into next year.
    14 Teams Keeper, Points-based, 14 roster spots (4 bench), 1 rookie slot, 2 IR slots
    Daily Lineups

Skaters: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), SG (1), HT (1), OG (1), +/1 (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    I’d rank them for that timeline
    Kaprizov
    Stutzle
    Boldy
    Svechnikov

I think Dobson is worth acquiring in keeper leagues, he may slow a bit but don’t see him falling off a cliff or anything.
    Thank you, I grabbed Sergachev and put him on IR and grabbed Seider. Given my format, how would you rank Sergachev, Seider, Dobson, Werenski in the next couple of years? I signed Carlson to 1 year over McAavoy or Hyman so that didn't end up working out. Where would Boeser slot in with the forwards, do you see him at the bottom or has he proven something this year? I still like the talent of Boldy or Svech more but I'd rather get something for Boeser if I'm not going to keep him vs drop, but I also don't want to sign him to 4 years which would be my only opening at the moment if I don't do any trades.
    Daily Lineups

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, so he'd be exploding right before his contract is up on my team lol.
    Daily Lineups

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by OilersForTheCup View Post
    Thank you, I grabbed Sergachev and put him on IR and grabbed Seider. Given my format, how would you rank Sergachev, Seider, Dobson, Werenski in the next couple of years? I signed Carlson to 1 year over McAavoy or Hyman so that didn't end up working out. Where would Boeser slot in with the forwards, do you see him at the bottom or has he proven something this year? I still like the talent of Boldy or Svech more but I'd rather get something for Boeser if I'm not going to keep him vs drop, but I also don't want to sign him to 4 years which would be my only opening at the moment if I don't do any trades.
    for me in the next couple of years I'd rank them Dobson, Seider, Werenski, Sergachev. but Sergachev does have potential to move up on this list, depends on deployment and how the Lightning do the next few years.
    14 Team H2H pts keep 12 plus 10 minors
    Skaters G, A, Blk, FOW, HIT, STP, PIM, Tk, SOG. bonus for D pts
    Goalies GA, SV, SHO, W, OL

C - Aho,
    Danault, Granlund, Seguin, Domi
    LW- Nichushkin, Svechnikov, Vatrano, Palat, Marchment
    RW -Rust, M Tkachuk, Konecny, Pavelski, Ehlers
    D - Carlson, Seider, Karlsson, Ekblad, Krug, Manson, Gudas, Walman
    G - Georgiev, Vanecek, Talbot, Daccord
    M - Gauthier, Savoie, Kasper, Nazar, Bolduc, Bystedt, Cossa, Daws

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    for me in the next couple of years I'd rank them Dobson, Seider, Werenski, Sergachev. but Sergachev does have potential to move up on this list, depends on deployment and how the Lightning do the next few years.
    If I have the option to get Heiskenen separately from my other deal and hold onto my first, where would he rank vs the guys above given my league cats?

The other manager is just looking for a 4th + 7th in different years for Heiskenen + 9th.
    Daily Lineups

Dobber Sports Wizard

in that set up

Stutzle
    Kaprizov

Svechnikov/Boldy
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    in that set up

Stutzle
    Kaprizov

Svechnikov/Boldy
    Why do you have Stützle above kaprisov?

Stutzle is at 2.36 fp/g and Kap is at 3.52, at least this year.

Last year Stutzle was 3.2 and Kap was 3.5.

I would get 4 yrs or stutzle after this vs 2 of Kap if that plays a role?
    Daily Lineups