Thread: Sorokin or Saros long term?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Sorokin or Saros long term?

Hi, I'm currently working on a trade to acquire Bouchard and that'll cost me one of my goalies and more.

I don't care about the rest of the season, I'm looking to keep the better in the next couple seasons.

Who would you keep, Sorokin or Saros?

Saros might be traded to a contender team and that could boost his value but sorokin has so much skills but on a so-so team...

Stats for goalies are only for wins and shutout!

Thanks
    10 teams, points only

Skaters : 1 pt for G or A,
    Goalies : 2 pts for wins, +1 for shutout

Keeper, 18 players roster (12 fwd, 6 def, 2 G), 8 keepers
    1 bench

Panarin, Robertson, Barkov, Gaudreau, Fiala, Scheifele, Eriksson Ek, Huberdeau, Tuch, Nichushkin, Nelson, Bertuzzi

Theodore, Toews, Ekholm, Deangelo, Sandin, Nurse

Sorokin, Saros

12 spaces farm team (under 23 years old or < than 200 games played. protected unless I call up, then has to be in top 8 )

Farm : Michkov, Raymond, Quinn, Kakko, Eklund, Coronato, Savoie, Miroshnichenko, Kulich, Wallstedt, Sandin pellikka, Brinley

Picks 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Sorokin or Saros long term?

Keep Sorokin, both are on mid-team but I think the Roy effect could be huge next year.
    Even if Saros gets trade, I would probably choose Sorokin between them.
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

The Great One

Sorokin's first three seasons were almost historically great. I have a hard time believing he won't rise back to that level - or even better - in future seasons.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Star

Sorokin. Saros has one more year on his deal after this one. He could be dealt, and will probably sign elsewhere for the 25-26 season. But we don't know where, so that uncertainty is a minus. Saros turns 29 this spring, generally the outer edge of a goalie's prime. Smaller goalies usually rely more on athleticism to make up for size, and athleticism wanes in your 30s. I think he ages out sooner. Sorokin this year is still plagued by bad puck luck but also the Islanders' collective decision to stop playing defense. Still, he signed for big money through 2032. I'll take that for now.

Dobber Sports Deity

My preference to keep is also Sorokin.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Sorokin past this season. But man is he having a bad season. The play in front of him is so inconsistent and erratic. That Islander team may never allow him to win 35 games but we’ll see.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Sorokin. Saros has one more year on his deal after this one. He could be dealt, and will probably sign elsewhere for the 25-26 season. But we don't know where, so that uncertainty is a minus. Saros turns 29 this spring, generally the outer edge of a goalie's prime. Smaller goalies usually rely more on athleticism to make up for size, and athleticism wanes in your 30s. I think he ages out sooner. Sorokin this year is still plagued by bad puck luck but also the Islanders' collective decision to stop playing defense. Still, he signed for big money through 2032. I'll take that for now.
    Not to poke holes in your post, but Sorokin and Saros are essentially the same age.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

Sorokin has supreme talent. Him.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Not to poke holes in your post, but Sorokin and Saros are essentially the same age.
    But as noted in the post, it is my observation that smaller goalies who rely on superior athleticism tend to age out earlier because they lose that athleticism edge when they enter their thirties. So while the same chronological age, Saros' viability as a high-end goalie has a shorter lifespan than Sorokin's.