Thread: Trade Question - Keeper League

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trade Question - Keeper League

I'm sitting in 8th place of 14 teams, top 4 cash.

I was offered Stutzle + Boldy + Dobson for Kaprisov + Svechnikov + 1st (2024).

Kaprisov is currently my 3 year keeper and Svech is a 2 year.

The advantage of this deal is I could sign Stutzle to 4 years and have Boldy at 2, so I'd get 6 years of those 2 vs I would have 3 more years of Kaprisov/Svech.

We only start 2 D so there is a premium on D and Dobson seems pretty legit, I could sign Dobson to 1 year, Barkov would be my 3.

I can also leave Dobson out and just do a 2 for 2, I understand Stutzle isn't where he was last year but because he's a young player he's not coming at a discount, since he can blow up.

Boeser could be a keeper option for me but I prefer Boldy to him skill set wise and Dobson for that matter.

Would these deals be worth it?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Trade Question - Keeper League

I'm going to shorten this post to hopefully get more responses, just wondering is there a way to incorporate my newly incorporated signature?

I had an existing account but I was having trouble accessing it, if it is possible I could go back to using that one but I opened up this as the password recovery wasn't working.

Let me know
    14 Teams Keeper, Points-based, 14 roster spots (4 bench), 1 rookie slot, 2 IR slots
    Daily Lineups

Skaters: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), SG (1), HT (1), OG (1), +/1 (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)

Goalies: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL+ShL (2)

C: Barkov, Malkin
    LW: Kaprisov, Svechnikov
    RW: Boeser, Marchessault
    D: Carlson, Werenski
    G: Kochetkov
    Bench: Pacioretty, Seider, Gustavsson, Markstrom
    Rookie slot: Mitchov

Dobber Sports Icon

to ME:
    Stu and Kap are pretty close but the extra yr of Stu makes that a win for STU
    Boldy and Svech..i like Boldy here but this is probably the one swap thats the most interesting in that there could be alot of opinions (i guess same as Stu vs Kap) - win BOLDY
    Dobs vs the 2024 - easy win DOBS
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    to ME:
    Stu and Kap are pretty close but the extra yr of Stu makes that a win for STU
    Boldy and Svech..i like Boldy here but this is probably the one swap thats the most interesting in that there could be alot of opinions (i guess same as Stu vs Kap) - win BOLDY
    Dobs vs the 2024 - easy win DOBS
    Thank you, and it's actually 2 extra years of Stutzle because after this one I have 2 of Kap but I'd have 4 of Stutzle, does that make a difference?

And Boldy would slot in at 2 where Kap would have been and Dobson would slot in at 1 where Svech would be.

I just feel iffy about hanging tight and considering Boeser at 4 but leaving my other keepers, but 4 is my only option if I don't do anything based on how our contracts work, and I like Boldy more than Boeser as an option next year and beyond.

Can you check out my other thread where I ask about some other D as well as Boeser vs guys I mentioned?

The other thing is, I'm not likely to make a run at it this year and if Dobson were to go back into the draft he'd probably go first round based on this year.

I have two firsts so he actually is asking for not mine but one I acquired last year, which at the moment would be Pick 12, so not in the lottery (Picks 1-10 go in the lottery), so top 4 just pick in reverse order of where they finish, the rest are lottery.

I also think this deal would be fairly lateral for this year, like Stutzle is not playing at Kap's level at the moment but Dobson is much better than my current D and Boldy and Svech are pretty similar, but given my positioning falling is fine as I have my first, if he wanted my first I wouldn't do that, even in a re-draft as I'm already giving up a lot of value.

I can also leave off the Dobson part and try to get a cheaper 1 year keeper or keep a Sergachev type or someone else, but he's more risky given the injury and Hedman there, or I could just stand pat for now.
    14 Teams Keeper, Points-based, 14 roster spots (4 bench), 1 rookie slot, 2 IR slots
    Daily Lineups

Skaters: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), SG (1), HT (1), OG (1), +/1 (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)

Dobber Sports Icon

seems we are makin the same points? i like this deal for you...
    ESPN Roto 10 team

IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    seems we are makin the same points? i like this deal for you...
    Yeah we could be, you're a Stutzle guy I assume (avatar)?

It's hard like thinking of I'm moving a guy as hot as Kaprisov right now for Stutzle and not getting a plus but I'm looking at it from the standpoint of I'm probably not likely to finish Top 4 and it sets me up going forward, it only becomes a flop if Stutzle tops out at what he is and Kaprisov is a 110 pt guy haha.

I think he won't do a plus because Stutzle went for 90pts last year and he's only 22 and should presumably get better, plus he's still c/lw status (I hope he keeps wing).

Plus I stashed Michkov so I'll be bringing him into the fold at some point and I'll have the option to sign him to a rookie deal (up to 2 years) once he's burned his rookie status, so like I'll have him when he starts in the nhl, then the next year, then have the option to sign him after that 2nd season as a regular keeper but topped out at 2 years, just have to have room at that time, but that's down the road.

Do you like the straight 2 for 2 swap or do you like grabbing Dobson too in the deal and taking a chance on him for 1 yr after this? I don't think it's a Montour situation, and even Montour seems to be waking up.
    Daily Lineups

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by OilersForTheCup View Post
    Yeah we could be, you're a Stutzle guy I assume (avatar)?

It's hard like thinking of I'm moving a guy as hot as Kaprisov right now for Stutzle and not getting a plus but I'm looking at it from the standpoint of I'm probably not likely to finish Top 4 and it sets me up going forward, it only becomes a flop if Stutzle tops out at what he is and Kaprisov is a 110 pt guy haha.

I think he won't do a plus because Stutzle went for 90pts last year and he's only 22 and should presumably get better, plus he's still c/lw status (I hope he keeps wing).

Plus I stashed Michkov so I'll be bringing him into the fold at some point and I'll have the option to sign him to a rookie deal (up to 2 years) once he's burned his rookie status, so like I'll have him when he starts in the nhl, then the next year, then have the option to sign him after that 2nd season as a regular keeper but topped out at 2 years, just have to have room at that time, but that's down the road.

Do you like the straight 2 for 2 swap or do you like grabbing Dobson too in the deal and taking a chance on him for 1 yr after this? I don't think it's a Montour situation, and even Montour seems to be waking up.
    easily take Dobson for the pick...unless its a guaranteed 1OA pick (Cellebrini)
    ESPN Roto 10 team

IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Dobber Sports Rookie

What do you think about just Stutzle + Boldy for my Kaprisov and Svech, hang onto my 1st and instead move a 4 + 7 in different years for Heiskenen + 9?

Or I could counter his Heiskenen offer, he originally wanted a 3rd.

I stashed Seider who seems similarly ranked by Dobber, but my 1 year spot would be up for grabs if I do the above deal, Heiskenen is obviously safer at this point, just wonder thoughts on Heisk.
    Daily Lineups