Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holtz , Benson, Stankoven

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Holtz , Benson, Stankoven

Hey guys ,

How would rank these three ? How close is it ?
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Holtz , Benson, Stankoven

Benson
    Stankoven

Holtz

I like Benson the most. What Stankoven had done in Juniors and the AHL is extremely impressive though. These two are close for me. I would put Holtz behind both of them. I just haven’t seen enough from him yet.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thx . Yeah people forget that Holtz was ppg in theAHL
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Holtz
    Benson

Stankoven
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like Benson and Stankoven a bit better . Is it close between these 2 and Holtz or not ?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Holtz
    Benson

Stankoven
    Interesting !

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by poolsharks View Post
    Interesting !
    Holtz plays under 12 min and is close to 0.5 ppg with just 81 games. Only thing going against him is how stacked NJ team is up front but i firmly belive he will break through that blockage at somepoint soon and will get close to 70 point pace. Maybe as early as next year.

And its not that other two will have their ice time handed to them, there are many road blocks for them too..i also think that Stankoven will struggle to find his game at NHL level but time will tell.

its very easy to jump at new shiny toy....
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Holtz plays under 12 min and is close to 0.5 ppg with just 81 games. Only thing going against him is how stacked NJ team is up front but i firmly belive he will break through that blockage at somepoint soon and will get close to 70 point pace. Maybe as early as next year.

And its not that other two will have their ice time handed to them, there are many road blocks for them too..i also think that Stankoven will struggle to find his game at NHL level but time will tell.

Good points !

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    Benson
    Stankoven

Holtz

I like Benson the most. What Stankoven had done in Juniors and the AHL is extremely impressive though. These two are close for me. I would put Holtz behind both of them. I just haven’t seen enough from him yet.
    I think this is what you'll see- and fair enough but personally I have Holtz in the same tier. People give up.on prospects too easy in general- imo anyways- and he really hasn't had a fair shake in the top six. I'm not comfortable writing him off until we see him there for an extended look- thats where most of these guys sort out their game if they're going to and I really think he can. Hes just such a naturally gifted player amd I remember scouts salivating over his skillet twp.years prior to being drafted lol! I think he's a good one- 30+ goals, 80 points and if he lands somewhere with legit linemates (or sticks it out in NJ) he could hit for higher.

Hes actually getting an audition on the topline right now so we might get a taste if things to come but realistically hes not doing much at 10 minutes a night lol! I think next season youre looking for 50-55 and then its a matter of whether or not he can get that primo deployment.

I think Stankoven is a beast but he'll be in tight for real deployment as well. I think he can be helpful right away as stated in the ramblings but he'll need 16+ minutes to do any real damage past 40-50 points and im.not sure the icetime is there in Dallas unless he forces the issue.

Buffalo is a deep team offensively as well but Benson has already earned their trust and I can see him making the earliest impact. I'm a big fan of all three although I only own 2- lol- great group!
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa

Dobber Sports Initiate

I was trying to get Benson from one owner or Stankoven from another but it looks like I’d have to add quite a bit to my Holtz to get either one . Doesn’t look like it’s worth it …

Dobber Sports Ace

Putting Holtz at the bottom for me was less about the ‘shiny new toy’ and more about production. Let’s dive in.

Stankoven is leading the AHL in his rookie season with 55 points in 45 games. That is a 1.22 PPG pace. Two seasons ago Holtz was just shy of a PPG pace, and put up 11 points in 14 games last season.

Benson has not looked out of place playing in the NHL as an 18 year old which is impressive within itself. As he continues to develop, I am much more comfortable with him fighting for more ice time than what lies in Holtz’s way.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by poolsharks View Post
    I was trying to get Benson from one owner or Stankoven from another but it looks like I’d have to add quite a bit to my Holtz to get either one . Doesn’t look like it’s worth it …
    I wouldn't- i own stankoven and Holtz and I've got them as fairly interchangeable this point.i mean at some point.t Holtz will have to put up or shut up but at 10 mins a night on the 3rd line- I just dont think anyone's producing all that much so for that reason were not there yet.

I was a huge Benson fan in terms of how far he slipped in the draft but at the end of the day I really don't have him all that much higher than these two- I certainly wouldn't be adding a whole bunch to acquire him....
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    G- Swayman, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Putting Holtz at the bottom for me was less about the ‘shiny new toy’ and more about production. Let’s dive in.

Stankoven is leading the AHL in his rookie season with 55 points in 45 games. That is a 1.22 PPG pace. Two seasons ago Holtz was just shy of a PPG pace, and put up 11 points in 14 games last season.

Benson has not looked out of place playing in the NHL as an 18 year old which is impressive within itself. As he continues to develop, I am much more comfortable with him fighting for more ice time than what lies in Holtz’s way.
    It amounts to the same thing though- these shiny new toys are getting deployment whereas the last one didn't. In three years when none of this matters do you have Holtz at the bottom? I've got him at the top- no joke. Stankoven will be a beauty but if you think NJs top six is bad- you might want to look at the situation he AND Bourque are walking into in Dallas. Again I love me some Benson but here's the thing- hiding down a middle six spot in a very competetove top nine is very impressive for an 18 year old but its just NOT a guaranteed predictor of future scoring- lol! I'm not trying to downplay his talent- hes very damn good- but im just not sure his situation is all that much different from Holtz. You have him above and thats all good I'm just trying to clarify that the "shiny new toy" thing is a very real factor in the prospect game. I didn't even say that word initially but the shoe fits here.

Rewind to when Holtz was drafted- he went 7th but could have went as high as third- billed as the best goalscorer in a staggeringly competetive class. Respectfully I submit you'd probably have him at the top.of the list lol! And the only thing that happened is time- lol! He dominated the A as well and then just hasn't gotten any real.opportunity in NJ yet. The funny part about all of this is that he actually IS right now. If Holtz gets 9 in his next 10- this narrative flips all the way onto its head imho...

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    G- Swayman, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
    It amounts to the same thing though- these shiny new toys are getting deployment whereas the last one didn't. In three years when none of this matters do you have Holtz at the bottom? I've got him at the top- no joke. Stankoven will be a beauty but if you think NJs top six is bad- you might want to look at the situation he AND Bourque are walking into in Dallas. Again I love me some Benson but here's the thing- hiding down a middle six spot in a very competetove top nine is very impressive for an 18 year old but its just NOT a guaranteed predictor of future scoring- lol! I'm not trying to downplay his talent- hes very damn good- but im just not sure his situation is all that much different from Holtz. You have him above and thats all good I'm just trying to clarify that the "shiny new toy" thing is a very real factor in the prospect game. I didn't even say that word initially but the shoe fits here.

Rewind to when Holtz was drafted- he went 7th but could have went as high as third- billed as the best goalscorer in a staggeringly competetive class. Respectfully I submit you'd probably have him at the top.of the list lol! And the only thing that happened is time- lol! He dominated the A as well and then just hasn't gotten any real.opportunity in NJ yet. The funny part about all of this is that he actually IS right now. If Holtz gets 9 in his next 10- this narrative flips all the way onto its head imho...
    If you think it amounts to the same thing, you absolutely missed the point of my post.

Holtz did do very well in the AHL. He scored at a 0.94 PPG pace down there. That is solid. The point I think you missed however, is that Stankoven is scoring at a 1.24 PPG pace in the AHL and leads the league. That is considerably better than Holtz. So to clarify a bit further - If Holtz and Stankoven were in the AHL at the same time, I would prefer the player scoring at a 1.24 PPG pace over the one at a 0.94 PPG pace.

Now Benson I have at the top of the three. At 18 years old the team elected to keep him in the NHL and not send him down after 11 games. He has not looked out of place, and continues to impress from what I’ve seen. Over the next 2-3 seasons, I see him having the highest upside and the easiest job solidifying a top role with his team.

As a Holtz owner I’m sure you are very invested in him, and that is what makes fantasy hockey so fun. But as someone who does not own any of the 3, this is my opinion from the outside looking in.

Dobber Sports Sage

If you think it amounts to the same thing, you absolutely missed the point of my post.

Holtz did do very well in the AHL. He scored at a 0.94 PPG pace down there. That is solid. The point I think you missed however, is that Stankoven is scoring at a 1.24 PPG pace in the AHL and leads the league. That is considerably better than Holtz. So to clarify a bit further - If Holtz and Stankoven were in the AHL at the same time, I would prefer the player scoring at a 1.24 PPG pace over the one at a 0.94 PPG pace.

Now Benson I have at the top of the three. At 18 years old the team elected to keep him in the NHL and not send him down after 11 games. He has not looked out of place, and continues to impress from what I’ve seen. Over the next 2-3 seasons, I see him having the highest upside and the easiest job solidifying a top role with his team.

As a Holtz owner I’m sure you are very invested in him, and that is what makes fantasy hockey so fun. But as someone who does not own any of the 3, this is my opinion from the outside looking in.
    Good post and I agree on all points.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov