Thread: Your opinions on Necas?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Your opinions on Necas?

It seemed like he was on the verge of being a PPG player after last season.
    His numbers have regressed quite a bit this year and his role has changed too.
    Any hope that he rebounds? Anyone watching him in action can reflect on that?

I could possibly obtain Necas to replace Guentzel in my points-only league where I'm in contention.
    A short-term move, but I'm interested in the rebound potential of the player.

Cheers!
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Your opinions on Necas?

I think Necas is a 60-70 point player, depending on puck luck. Carolina, to an extent, limits his upside, but even then, he's not really a PPG type of guy.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd love to see him on a more offensive team than the grindy, forecheck-heavy, dump-and-chase, get the puck on net from any angle Canes. I could see him be a 70+ point player in a system more suited for his skills.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

When you watch him play 3 on 3 in OT, he's the best player on the ice. As mentioned above, Carolina's scheme doesn't play into his skillset, but he's still a solid player to own.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Similar to the above, I think Necas generally is a 65'ish-75'ish point player. Carolina does limit him somewhat, and I think he could easily be PPG in a different situation. Even now, however, he's capable of going on heaters in bursts (e.g., 11 points in his last 10 currently).

So from a fantasy standpoint, as it stands he won't be a lead guy on your fantasy team -- and isn't priced/valued as such. But he's a very nice 2nd/3rd tier piece who can punch above his weight from a production standpoint in spurts and occasionally carry your team to a win in a given week.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Stud

Thank you for the insights. REP where I could.

Right now, the proposed deal is Necas + Huberdeau for my Guentzel + a spare part.
    So rebound potential but question marks at the same time.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    Thank you for the insights. REP where I could.

Right now, the proposed deal is Necas + Huberdeau for my Guentzel + a spare part.
    So rebound potential but question marks at the same time.
    That's a pretty good gamble. I've never owned Guentzel and don't follow Pittsburgh, how do you anticipate his production to be affected playing on a different team next year without Crosby?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    That's a pretty good gamble. I've never owned Guentzel and don't follow Pittsburgh, how do you anticipate his production to be affected playing on a different team next year without Crosby?
    I've owned both Jake & Sid for years now. I think Guentzel has a pretty safe floor of 65-70, with an upside of PPG depending on where he signs. He's an excellent forechecker and has the vision to play with elite players like Crosby. He's versatile enough to adapt to different systems, so being away from Sid is not as big as a deal in my view. Of course, you can't completely replace that chemistry with a generational player, but he'll be fine.