Thread: Guentzel replacement?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Guentzel replacement?

Lots of options but not a lot of great options. I feel like Brayden Schenn is probably the safest add, but I could also take a chance on someone like Peterka or Voronkov.

Nic Roy is tempting, but as much as he's been producing offensively, he doesn't offer anything in terms of peripherals. Daniel Sprong caught my eye, but can he continue his strong play while on the 4th line in Detroit? I could also try someone like Nils Hoglander or Nick Foligno (who presumably gets some sort of boost with Bedard returning).

I could try grabbing someone like Nico Daws to shore up my goaltending, as it's been shaky of late.

But maybe the best option is to just use the open roster spot for a streamer...
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Guentzel replacement?

If you have the moves I would just use the spot to get in as many games per week as possible.

The Great One

Default Re: Guentzel replacement?

There is something to be said for just streaming the spot. But if you're looking to latch onto a player, Schenn nearly always performs markedly better in the second half.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/