Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Askarov ... How far away from NHL?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Askarov ... How far away from NHL?

Title says it all ...How far is Askarov from the NHL. I know he is playing extremely well in the AHL. Just doing due diligence as one GM in our league recently stated to me....

"Askarov is untouchable right now...Im sitting on him, knowing a goalie move is coming from the Preds...Lankinen is UFA.. and Saros will probably get traded...to not block Askarov..."

How legit is this statement? Are the Preds seriously considering moving on from Saros? This year? Next year?

I was given an offer ....

My: Daccord / Bedard
    For His: Askarov / R. Dahlin / K. Connor

He is hurting for goalies as he had Hart but we all know that story. He also has Shester/Quick. That is it. So he is obviously looking for a goalie.

Truth be told my goalie situation sucks. My only bright spot is Daccord, whom I picked up early in the year. My other goalie is the Sens duo. (cough cough).

I am really high on Askarov but lets be clear, he really has not shown anything in the NHL yet. Also...I am NOT selling Bedard. Just trying to find some truth in the other GM's statement.

What is the likelihood of Daccord being the starter in Seattle next year? or will be a 1A/1B because of Grubauer's contract.

Appreciate the input.
    League Info in Sig
    Thanks
    League #1
    Yahoo 14 team Keep 5 Keeper League

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+
    Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: , A, P, (+/-), PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C (x2): Bedard / Draisaitl
    LW: Stutzle
    RW: Giroux
    F (x2): Bratt / Terry
    D (x3): Heiskanen / Morrissey / Jones
    Util: Jenner
    G (x2): Korpisalo / Grubauer

BN (x4): D. Teows / Boldy / UPL / B. Schenn

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Askarov ... How far away from NHL?

Lankinen is in the last year of his contract so I expect Askarov to be a full time NHL goalie by next season. Saros has this year and next year left on his contract. Hard to say what Nashville will do with him. Saros is only 28 now, will be 29 in April and 30 when his contract expires. Not really what most would consider to be over-the-hill material as far as goalies go so there's a chance they could bring him back. A lot will depend on what they see from Askarov once he actually faces NHL shooters full time. A lot would depend on what Saros would want for his next contract too.

Too many variables to the road for Askarov to be the starter but as far as a full time NHL player, I'd expect him to be there next year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

For Saros to still be with Nashville after his contract, it will take both him wanting to do so and them wanting it as well. This is not like Carolina where Andersen is older and not reliable, such that owning Kochetkov means you will almost assuredly own the starter in 2025-26. If I'm Nashville, I see Saros as durable and dependable, and, all things considered, a true #1, which is increasingly rare. But Saros might want to see if he gets other suitors, especially since Nashville is not a team seemingly poised to be a top echelon team in the next 3-5 years.

The issue I have with Askarov is ever since he was drafted he's been envisioned as a future top tier goalie. Now that he's finding success in the AHL, that's only inflating his perceived value. Because of this, I'm not so sure I think he can be obtained in what would be a "fair" trade. No harm in trying, but expect his current GM to be either very opposed to trading him or looking for a huge haul in return.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Regarding Daccord and next season: I do think they start next year in a 1A/1B tandem. Driedger should be gone. Daccord could take the primary away from Grubauer but with Daccord's contract ending after next season I could see Seattle keeping the tandem all year to try and keep Daccord's contract demands to a manageable level for them. Daccord could be the primary next season then take over- if he continues to produce- in 25-26.
    16 team Yahoo! H2H, Daily moves, Dynasty League-Keep all players end of season minus IR. No farm team/prospect list. 2 rd 'draft' at start of season. Limit of 5 moves per week. No minors system. 3 Goalie Start minimum each week.
    CATs: G, A, +/-, Hits, Blks, PPP, SOG, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C: Aleksander Barkov, Wyatt Johnston
    LW: Juraj Slafkovsky, Kyle Connor
    RW: David Pastrnak, Matt Boldy
    D: Quinn Hughes, Kris Letang, Zach Werenski, EMPTY
    BCH: Pierre-Luc Dubois(C,LW), M. Rossi(C), Evander Kane(LW), Jonathon Huberdeau(LW), Logan Stankoven(C)
    G: John Gibson,A. Stolarz
    Bench: Spencer Knight (G)
    IR(+): Shea Theodore, Patrick Kane, MA Fleury

Dobber Sports Sophomore

appreciate the feedback gentlemen!
    League #1

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    For Saros to still be with Nashville after his contract, it will take both him wanting to do so and them wanting it as well. This is not like Carolina where Andersen is older and not reliable, such that owning Kochetkov means you will almost assuredly own the starter in 2025-26. If I'm Nashville, I see Saros as durable and dependable, and, all things considered, a true #1, which is increasingly rare. But Saros might want to see if he gets other suitors, especially since Nashville is not a team seemingly poised to be a top echelon team in the next 3-5 years.

The issue I have with Askarov is ever since he was drafted he's been envisioned as a future top tier goalie. Now that he's finding success in the AHL, that's only inflating his perceived value. Because of this, I'm not so sure I think he can be obtained in what would be a "fair" trade. No harm in trying, but expect his current GM to be either very opposed to trading him or looking for a huge haul in return.

This ^^^ . You nailed it perfectly. Was chatting with my buddy in the same league. We looked at the potential Keepers of the GM who currently owns Askarov. We don't think Askarov is keeper material for him. Yes ..our League puts a lot of value in Goalies ...(just roll with it ) . I firmly believe he might very well be available in the draft, However this GM is a very forward thinker and I would not rule anything out.

Anyway I am not selling the farm for Askarov and with several picks in the 1st round I will hopefully scoop him up...... well at least that is the plan and you know how that goes at times ... LOL

Anyway ..sincerely appreciate the feedback.

Cheers!
    League #1

The Magnificent One

Agree here he will be very very hard to acquire I own him and not selling and I have skinner and shesterkin as my other goalies. To me he is a guy you drafted early and hold.

That being said your offer if I was you I’d walk away fast. Do not move Bedard even for a future starting goalie as goalies are so hard to predict
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Agree here he will be very very hard to acquire I own him and not selling and I have skinner and shesterkin as my other goalies. To me he is a guy you drafted early and hold.

That being said your offer if I was you I’d walk away fast. Do not move Bedard even for a future starting goalie as goalies are so hard to predict
    Agree on both points .....

I have absolutely NO DESIRE to move Bedard. None .. zilch ...nada.

I was just curious everyone's thoughts on Askarov. As we are Keep 5 the owner also has Shester / K. Connor / DeBrincat / Dahlin / Guentzel / Aho / Marchand as possible Keepers. There is NO room for him to keep Askarov. I have 1 x 1st Rd and 3 x 2nd in which to draft him should he become available.

Appreciate your insight.

Cheers.
    League #1

Dobber Sports Icon

Askarov will not be that good in the NHL. He's too weak with his gloves and NHL shooters will take advantage of this flaw in his game.

Definitely don't give up Bedard for him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Askarov will not be that good in the NHL. He's too weak with his gloves and NHL shooters will take advantage of this flaw in his game.

Ooh, I like it! Whether this turns out to be right or wrong, I applaud you for planting your flag with a reasoned opinion against a young, highly touted prospect netminder. Rep for you, sir.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

HOT TAKE!!! bookmark this...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm not sure but reading that he thinks Nashville would trade Saros to make room is certainly bold especially given the fact that they had a legitimate deal in place to send Askarov to MTL for their first this year- lmao! Credible sources confirming it too! I like Askarov but to ke the only sure thing in net is Wallstedt....
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
    I'm not sure but reading that he thinks Nashville would trade Saros to make room is certainly bold especially given the fact that they had a legitimate deal in place to send Askarov to MTL for their first this year- lmao! Credible sources confirming it too! I like Askarov but to ke the only sure thing in net is Wallstedt....
    There was an offer to the Habs involving Askarov, but the Habs rejected it. And it wasn’t only Askarov, it was him plus Nashville’s 1st (15th), which they used to pick Matthew Wood.

That’s what I heard, at least. Basu reported it.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    There was an offer to the Habs involving Askarov, but the Habs rejected it. And it wasn’t only Askarov, it was him plus Nashville’s 1st (15th), which they used to pick Matthew Wood.

That’s what I heard, at least. Basu reported it.
    If true, Reinbacher better turn out to be a very good NHLer
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Not hard conformation but just did a quick search and this was in the top hots:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/...s-on-the-block

Sounds like he may have been "in play" - which is obviously very different then what I said (1 for 1)- but for whatever reason I'm pretty sure I DID hear that in all the buzz at the time- I just can't confirm.if its a meaningful.source lol!

Sj and MTL got calls and askarov was in play- thats as much as we get from this...
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa