Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Morgan Rielly Suspension

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Morgan Rielly Suspension

My favorite player in the NHL is now Ridley f’ing Grieg. Big F U to all the Leafs fans in attendance.

That said, Reilly did the right thing, just went a bit too far.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Veteran

Funny how you all are discussing how hockey culture is broken and needs to change, yet people still blame (partially or fully) this event on someone who legally scored a goal?

I don't understand how anyone can defend Reilly here. He lost his cool and acted like a child in a playground. Unacceptable in any and every way.

Thinking most of the folks on these forums should be focusing on fantasy hockey and not ethics. Your views are skewed by your experiences with, and closeness to, "hockey culture" or as I'm gonna start calling it "hockey barbarism".

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Funny how you all are discussing how hockey culture is broken and needs to change, yet people still blame (partially or fully) this event on someone who legally scored a goal?

I don't understand how anyone can defend Reilly here. He lost his cool and acted like a child in a playground. Unacceptable in any and every way.

Thinking most of the folks on these forums should be focusing on fantasy hockey and not ethics. Your views are skewed by your experiences with, and closeness to, "hockey culture" or as I'm gonna start calling it "hockey barbarism".
    I don't understand. I just re-read the entire thread because I thought I was missing something. Almost everyone said that what Rielly did was dumb. Who are you ranting at?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Surprised nothing came down yet… leafs play in just over an hour. Don’t they normally hand them out before next game ?
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Five games.

Just came out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yeah saw that… less than I expected… still going to be a challenge for the team
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sage

Tavares also out tonight with illness. Should be interesting to see those linea
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

Bettman has upheld the Rielly suspension.

Rielly crosschecked Greig Feb 10th.
    Rielly was suspended in the morning of Feb 13th
    Rielly appealed Feb 14th (I believe)
    Appeal scheduled on Feb 15th for Feb 16th at noon
    Bettman announces the suspension is upheld Feb 20th

It took like a week for the league to organize an appeal, and make a decision right before the 5th and final game...And the fact that a 3rd party only gets involved when it's 6+ games....such a bad appeal system. The fact they took as long as possible to make the suspension announcement to give the appeal process as little time to actually possibly have Rielly play the 5th game...
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hockey players are the toughest athletes in the world, just ask them they'll tell you.

Just don't do anything that hurts their little feelings.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Bettman has upheld the Rielly suspension.

Rielly crosschecked Greig Feb 10th.
    Rielly was suspended in the morning of Feb 13th
    Rielly appealed Feb 14th (I believe)
    Appeal scheduled on Feb 15th for Feb 16th at noon
    Bettman announces the suspension is upheld Feb 20th

It took like a week for the league to organize an appeal, and make a decision right before the 5th and final game...And the fact that a 3rd party only gets involved when it's 6+ games....such a bad appeal system. The fact they took as long as possible to make the suspension announcement to give the appeal process as little time to actually possibly have Rielly play the 5th game...
    MR had his shot at making his case the first time. why should the league hear an appeal? he didn't like what he received, and figured it was along shot any way i suspect, so why not try it. hes probably getting off light if all the reports i hear are correct i that f he was a repeat offender it could have been MORE still..so they already granted him leniency. can't recall a time where GB actually reduced a sussy, but there could be recent cases that i dont remember, i am almost 50 now lol..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...y_greigs_next/

A video of some other ideas for future empty net breakaway goals.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    MR had his shot at making his case the first time. why should the league hear an appeal? he didn't like what he received, and figured it was along shot any way i suspect, so why not try it. hes probably getting off light if all the reports i hear are correct i that f he was a repeat offender it could have been MORE still..so they already granted him leniency. can't recall a time where GB actually reduced a sussy, but there could be recent cases that i dont remember, i am almost 50 now lol..
    1. DOPS who is supposed to be a separate group from the NHL (kinda like SIU for police) gives out the suspension, then if you appeal a 5or less game suspension it goes to Gary Bettman. He's supposed to be an independent arm making sure a suspension is correct. So you're getting punished by Grandpa, and you go to Dad about it. The league should hear the appeal because it's in their CBA with the NHLPA.

2. You don't get off light from a punishment if you haven't been punished before. You get extra punishment if you have been punished before. There is a difference.

3. I'm with you, I don't remember Gary Bettman specifically reducing a 5game suspension. However, at 6+ games, it goes to a completely separate, independent lawyer. That arbitrator has reduced many suspensions. The biggest one was Spezza in the playoffs. He was suspended 6games and it was reduced to 4 games. He was a first time offender, it was the playoffs (unwritten rule suspensions in playoffs are less which I hate), and the league gave him an unfairly large suspension. So is there a reason why DOPS chose 5 games? According to some insiders, that number was chosen because at 6 games, it goes to that independent arbitrator.

Dobber Sports Deity

All appeals, no matter the length, go through Bettman first and he has the right to reduce any suspension. If its 6+ games, the player has the option to request an appeal through an independent authority once Bettman chooses not to reduce it. If I am not mistaken, it was Bettman who reduced Spezza's suspension so the independent authority wasn't required in that case. It should also be noted that if the suspension is 6+ games and appealed by the player, and not reduced by Bettman, the independent authority reviewing the suspension will look at it to look at the reduction but rarely does that review happen before the suspension has been totally served. At that point, for the player, it's more about getting lost salary back and not the games missed.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    All appeals, no matter the length, go through Bettman first and he has the right to reduce any suspension. If its 6+ games, the player has the option to request an appeal through an independent authority once Bettman chooses not to reduce it. If I am not mistaken, it was Bettman who reduced Spezza's suspension so the independent authority wasn't required in that case. It should also be noted that if the suspension is 6+ games and appealed by the player, and not reduced by Bettman, the independent authority reviewing the suspension will look at it to look at the reduction but rarely does that review happen before the suspension has been totally served. At that point, for the player, it's more about getting lost salary back and not the games missed.
    Ah, I thought it was the independent ppl who got Spezza's down, but you might be right.

I also feel like DOPS "cooks the books" to the point of announcing a suspension that they give the appeal process the least amount of time to finish before the suspension is fully served (in a games sense).

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ah, I thought it was the independent ppl who got Spezza's down, but you might be right.

I also feel like DOPS "cooks the books" to the point of announcing a suspension that they give the appeal process the least amount of time to finish before the suspension is fully served (in a games sense).
    It was definitely Bettman who reduced his suspension.