Thread: Trade for Shea?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Trade for Shea?

Hi. I am in a points only league. Dress 6 F, 3 D and G. Head to head each week. I am trying to contend this year.

This is keeper league

Was wondering thoughts on this trade?

Troy Terry, Byram, 1st round pick (10th overall) for Shea Theodore.

Rossi would replace Terry and my best D right now is Montour.

Thoughts on the deal?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Trade for Shea?

if Montour is your best then you need to do it, however the pick is rich for the return so I would be looking to move that further back.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    if Montour is your best then you need to do it, however the pick is rich for the return so I would be looking to move that further back.
    Thanks. I agree the pick is rich but he is set on those 3 pieces. Tried a 2nd round pick and it was a no.

I guess is Terry byram and 1st way too much? Or just an overpayment?

Dobber Sports Superstar

You say you are "trying to contend". What does this mean? You are paying a very high price here for Theodore and that's fine if it puts you over the top and you can win your league. If, however, a championship is questionable despite having made this deal, well, losing Terry, Byram and a high draft pick to find that out is painful. What I am saying here is take a step back and ask yourself if this trade will truly make the difference. If so, great, but if not, you might want to reconsider.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    You say you are "trying to contend". What does this mean? You are paying a very high price here for Theodore and that's fine if it puts you over the top and you can win your league. If, however, a championship is questionable despite having made this deal, well, losing Terry, Byram and a high draft pick to find that out is painful. What I am saying here is take a step back and ask yourself if this trade will truly make the difference. If so, great, but if not, you might want to reconsider.
    Thanks for the insight. I won't be the favorite if I make this deal, but will be top 5 i would think. I know it is a high price to pay, but with Montour as my best Dman, it does fill a hole on my team and Theo isn't too old so he would help me in the future if he stays healthy.

I agree with you it is a steep price to pay. I have to think it over more but thanks for your insight in this.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Are you sure the other gm will accept your offer? I ask because as a Theodor owner, I wouldn’t. Byram is a huge downgrade from Theodore so if the other gm want to win now, the pick will maybe not be enough with Terry, unless he really need someones like Terry…
    Good luck but if I were you, I would be please to do that trade.
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Muir View Post
    Are you sure the other gm will accept your offer? I ask because as a Theodor owner, I wouldn’t. Byram is a huge downgrade from Theodore so if the other gm want to win now, the pick will maybe not be enough with Terry, unless he really need someones like Terry…
    Good luck but if I were you, I would be please to do that trade.
    I would imagine most Theodore owners would not move him for this. If the original poster can get him for that, I’d jump all over it!

Dobber Sports Icon

That's a huge overpayment. The points you lose going from Terry to Rossi won't be made up going from Byram to Theodore.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    That's a huge overpayment. The points you lose going from Terry to Rossi won't be made up going from Byram to Theodore.
    Does your math assume Theodore does not play again this season? If all 4 of these players are healthy, Theodore absolutely makes up the difference here. Terry has 8 more points than Rossi this season in 4 less games. I’ll round and say Terry has 10 more points given the game differential. Byrum has 13 points in 45 games this season. Theodore has 18 points in 20 games. I don’t expect Theodore to be an almost PPG player, but he is substantially better than Byrum and definitely makes up the difference.

Dobber Sports Wizard

if you put all your eggs in one basket you either better be sure its going to make you go far (preferred championship) or you target much better player than Theodore. You will regret this deal unless you win championship.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones