Thread: Did a lot of buying … may have overdone it

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Did a lot of buying … may have overdone it

Last year was a rebuilding year and it went pretty well; this year i found myself in first in a very tight race, so i decided to start buying — i think i overdid it though, and in particular i fear i sold Sergachev cheap when i needed another D …

3rd for PKane, 6th
    2nd, 2nd, for Kotchetkov, 6th, 6th
    3rd for Doughty
    Vanacek for Terevainen
    6th for Coyle, 8th
    Sergachev, PLD, 4th for Pietrangelo, OReilly

Now i have only a 1st and then a bunch of late picks the next two drafts, and will likely have to drop York and Novak to accommodate the new guys. Also i will keep only Pietro and Doughty, and even then, for a year or two at most. Then again, Serg was the only keeper i shipped out. Actually i will keep Kotchetkov too, hoping he solidifies his role as starter.

I actually dont mind any of these moves except the last — Serg went down right before our deadline, and i only got lowball offers, was going to keep Serg but realized if i didnt replace him all the buying before likely for naught, so with 5 mins to go before trade deadline i accepted this offer by mistake (hit wrong button!) Was going to have Commishes reverse the deal, then decided what the hell…just stick with it and go for it…. But is it enough?
    CBS Sportsline H2H 14 team keeper league (keep 14)
    (G, A, Shots, Blocked Shots, PPPs, +/- (no PIMs in our league), W, Sv%, GAA)

C: Pettersson, Aho, Hischier, O’Reilly, Coyle, Novak
    W: Marner, Debrincat, Barzal,
    Kempe, Mittlestadt, Terevainen, P.Kane, Kakko
    D: Pietrangelo, Doughty, Werenski, Dunn, Provorov, York, McNabb
    G: Skinner, Vanacek, UPL

2010-11 & 2018-19 Champs

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Did a lot of buying … may have overdone it

overall very nice deals and I like the going for it mentality whereas many get too caught up in the "future." Def keep Koch, makes $2 mil a year with term, he's the guy now. I'd keep Werenski over Piet who will always have Shea taking away PP1. Zach is an injury risk but a phenomenal offensive defender that can hit 50 per year barring injury, perhaps more.

Dunn over Doughty isn't crazy either. Youth is big driving factor, peripherals you can draft. Treat Doughty like a prime rental, he's gonna be 35. Just my two cents but in IMO gotta value the piece you can have for a long window of peak production compared to the backside of the mountain.