Thread: What is wrong with Anton Lundell?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default What is wrong with Anton Lundell?

Last draft I was a bit disappointed when Lundell got drafted a few picks before I was going to scoop him up. I'm not disappointed anymore. I just noticed he has now been dropped and is an FA. Each year for 3 years now, Lundell's Goals per game average has fallen. This sure doesn't look like a sophomore slump, something is definitely going wrong after an excellent rookie campaign. I noticed he started the first quarter of this year seeing time with some of the big dogs but that didn't last long, in the 2nd and 3rd quarters he's skating with bottom six players. Is Lundell a bottom six skater? Dobber has him projected with 88 pt upside and a veery impressive 70 pt 3YP, but man, that sure seems unlikely given what we are seeing. He's still only 22 but he is trending in the wrong direction big time it seems. What does the forum think?
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

Default Re: What is wrong with Anton Lundell?

Early on I feared he might be the next Jordan Staal, gifted offensively but stuck in a bottom six role due to his all-around skill. But since then he's seen his OZ% rise but isn't producing. I wonder if he'd benefit from a fresh start on a new team. Still, he's only 22 and on the cusp of his breakout threshold, so things can change. And he is shooting the puck plus his IPPs aren't horrible. Long story short, I think he won't be as good as projected, but he's not a lost cause......not yet at least.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont think there is anything wrong with him...i think he will be what many thought he would be...decent offensive player great in all other situations....he is still developing and i think his best years will be around 50 points and around 18-19 minutes a night with lots of defensive zone starts.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i dont think there is anything wrong with him...i think he will be what many thought he would be...decent offensive player great in all other situations....he is still developing and i think his best years will be around 50 points and around 18-19 minutes a night with lots of defensive zone starts.
    So you're basically saying my Jordan Staal assessment might have been right all along......
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think he is more skilled player than Stall …more like Horvat … but yeah I don’t think he is an offensive stud
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Good discussion so far. Here's the thing that puzzles me a bit. I get that a forward once highly regarded from an offensive perspective can quickly become more valuable to his team in a defensive and "jack of all trades" perspective, that does happen and not infrequently. The thing with Lundell is that he has minimal PIM, Hits and Blks less than .5 per game. Not exactly a multi cat monster. I dunno, that just doesn't seem to fit what we might call the Jordan Staal mold? It seems he plays a game like most top six forwards, not bottom six guys, but the problem is he has bottom six scoring stats and top line banger stats??

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

Drops

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Good discussion so far. Here's the thing that puzzles me a bit. I get that a forward once highly regarded from an offensive perspective can quickly become more valuable to his team in a defensive and "jack of all trades" perspective, that does happen and not infrequently. The thing with Lundell is that he has minimal PIM, Hits and Blks less than .5 per game. Not exactly a multi cat monster. I dunno, that just doesn't seem to fit what we might call the Jordan Staal mold? It seems he plays a game like most top six forwards, not bottom six guys, but the problem is he has bottom six scoring stats and top line banger stats??
    Maybe a better comparison is Alexander Kerfoot?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Maybe a better comparison is Alexander Kerfoot?
    Ya, that looks similar. Not good when a 12th overall has comparable numbers to a 5th rounder (:

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops