Thread: Its a lengthy list of forward prospects, sorry, but perhaps it's a challenge??

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Its a lengthy list of forward prospects, sorry, but perhaps it's a challenge??

I have some prospects, too damn many prospects and I need to move some out. Accordingly, I was hoping the forum might jump in here and provide some rankings for these guys. If you want to bust it out in tiers, awesome, I'll start with tier 0 and the only guy in that bracket on my roster is some guy named Bedard. Then it gets considerably tougher I think, here are the rest of my guys in no particular order:

Lekkerimaki, Coronato, Danielson, McGroarty, Moore, Nazar, Savoie, Voronokov and Berggren

This is for the league in my sig. I will likely keep 4 or 5 of these guys and try and trade the rest for either a prospect or veteran upgrade or some improved draft picks. As a last request, if your rankings and any associated comments included taking into account short term opportunity, guys who can and will produce for me next year versus longer-term upside, guys who have better upside but remain a year or two away would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time in advance folks!!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Its a lengthy list of forward prospects, sorry, but perhaps it's a challenge??

It is difficult to know who will be a hitter/shot blocker/PIM guy.

Longer term:

M. Savoie
    McGroarty
    O. Moore
    Voronkov

Coronato
    Nazar
    Danielson
    Lekkerimaki
    Berggren

For next year, Voronkov is the only one I fee confident will be a contributor on a 12 F, 14 team set up. Coronato will likely play, but I don't know if it'll be such that it makes an impact in your league.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Its a lengthy list of forward prospects, sorry, but perhaps it's a challenge??

Savoie*
    McGroarty
    Lekkerimaki
    Coronato
    Nazar - as a winger
    Danielson
    O.Moore
    Nazar - as a center
    Berggren
    Voronkov

I think Savoie has distinguishable offensive ability - especially important for fantasy hockey.
    The asterik (*) is because I just hate how many good, talented, forward prospects Buffalo has.
    Just so hard to figure all that out. He could be tough to get PP1 time (which is critical for high-end) with all their elite players.
    Jiri Kulich - for example - might have the best PP face-off dot shot on the team, so even if his all-around game isn't good, he'll steal PP1 time.

I think McGroarty and Danielson are going to be excellent all-around NHL-ers, not sure if either will be PP1.

Danielson is shaping up to be a very solid C2 type center - and that has value - I'm just not sure if it's going to be fantasy-hockey level "good".

I'm not an Oliver Moore fan... generally I find that if an "elite skater" goes beyond a top10 pick... there's weaknesses in the other parts of their game.
    So, ditto for Nazar - and CHI, to me, seems to "in love" with these USNTDP speedsters.
    Speed, unless you are McDavid and you have 4-zone WITH-PUCK speed, can be overrated in the NHL.
    Nazar, for me, is an ideal winger... and I think (?!?) with Bedard falling into lap of CHI... that's where Nazar will end up.
    I think the NHL game will overwhelm him at center.
    So that's a major IDK there.
    FWIW - Nazar is showing a ton of points playing C1 with McGroarty-Brindley this year... but I just think the NCAA is a MAJOR difference in C-duties vs NHL.)

(And yes... if anybody is thinking it... I think the DobberProspects numbers of 9.0/9.5 on O.Moore and Nazar are absolutely bonkers bad.
    WTF is with giving a guy a 9.0 and then calling him a "middle six forward". These things don't jive... but at least the latter comment is wiser.)

Guys I ranked - but feel less "comfortable" on ranking, though I did:

I'm iffy on Coronato - but he comes across as a smart player from what I have read/saw.
    I think he'll fit on the future of CGY. I have some faith there.

Loving Lekkerimaki's season overseas. The shot is good.
    I think VAN will find a fit for him in their eventual top6... and that's just super sexy & high-end.
    I don't know if his overall game will be great - but for fantasy hockey, who TF cares.
    I don't have a good beat on his his hockey IQ/playmaking... I should've watched more SWE in WJC action. Ugh, sorry.

Berggren is putting up solid AHL numbers and has done well in his NHL stint...
    I should truly be honest and say "I don't have a good feel for his game"... yet.

Voronkov - IMO - had a great spell of stats recently... but I think his upside is low.
    In fantasy hockey, you are mostly "swinging for upside"... but if you just want his solid stats - you might vault him to top of 2nd section. GM call there.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Anybody else want to have a stab at this?? Please (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm a Lekkerimaki doubter, for what's it's worth. Looking forward to see what he can do in the NHL still.