Thread: Spencer Knight

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Spencer Knight

Any thoughts on if the shine is fully off Knight now, or if he still has the promise that surrounded him around his draft year. Seems like he's getting the bulk of the starts in Charlotte, but Charlotte doesn't appear to be very good. Too bad they rushed him to the NHL, seems so clear that it rarely, if ever works.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Spencer Knight

Well… I wish him the best but it’s seems unrealistic to me to expect someone with an obsessive trouble to be a nhl goalie. All the concentration you need night after night is just to hard for him at this level. Maybe he have a great treatment and he could overcome but I doubt…
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Titan

He has a lot of work to do in the AHL to make a team look at him. 31GP, sub 900s% in the AHL....Since the turn of the new year, he's also a 3.06GAA, 883s% and 5-7-1 record. Just won't do it.

Goalies are weird though. He's 22yrs old, turning 23 in April. He has plenty of time to change things.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

He's definitely someone I'm holding in a couple's of my keepers and willing to show patience. Loads of runway here for him and a NHL career.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He has a lot of work to do in the AHL to make a team look at him. 31GP, sub 900s% in the AHL....Since the turn of the new year, he's also a 3.06GAA, 883s% and 5-7-1 record. Just won't do it.

Goalies are weird though. He's 22yrs old, turning 23 in April. He has plenty of time to change things.
    His youth here is still a big plus in keeping the faith. He may not fully flower until age 26 or 27, but he's still got lots of runway to hopefully work through his issues.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is he going to follow the path of Campbell... promising for TEAM USA and drafted high... but never really fully panned out.,

The big difference so far is that Knight had some early success in the NHL... and Campbell it took a long time to get much NHL action.

I am hoping that Knight can overcome everything and find success... but I am not confident or betting on it.

Administrator

The two guys in Florida are playing well so there's no rush to get Knight back in there. His AHL numbers are not great but he can show up next year in the NHL and gain momentum quickly. He'll get plenty of opportunities because after this year he'll be signed for 2 more at a cap hit north of $4 million. I just don't think he gets the opportunity this year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for all the replies. I think the most important realization is that he is still so young. Hopefully he has a bright future ahead . . . feeling like I should keep him stashed. Goalies are the hardest.