Thread: Kandre Miller Incoming

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Kandre Miller Incoming

So I made a small deal in my keeper league this week- not necessarily hugely impactful but curious what peoples opinions are on the pieces coming in amd going out.

Full deal was my DeBrusk, Mikkola, and a 3rd for Miller and Mangiapane.

My thinking is pretty straight forward- our active player slots are a bit unusual in that we have basically 6 forward slots and between 4 and 5 defensive slots in our 18 team league. After being in this pool for several years its become apparent that getting a core of 3-4 legit scoring dmen is an integral part of building a winning team. A lot of teams- competetive teams often have waiver scraps filling out their active lineups and a good way to.gain am edge is just to have a strong set of scoring Dmen.

So although I like DeBrusk I think moving him for Miller was sort of a no-brainer and worth adding a 3rd (NHL entry draft). I added Mikkola because his fpts were enough to make moving a guy like Miller more pallettable. I'm not huge on Mangiapane but we had to balance out the bodies and he has 35 goals on his resume- lol!

So...

- Is this an overpay for Miller? Or maybe more to the point did i sell low on DeB?
    - I know the hype has died down a bit with Miller of late but long term he's still poised to be a 40-50 point guy?
    - Is Mangiapane on the downturn of his career already or is there at least some hope left here?
    - I actually liked what I read about Mikkolas aggressive/attacking style at ES- is there more than meets the eye here? Or is a wysiwyg player and hes just a 25-30 point guy in a good year?

Just mostly curious- lol! I know people were gaga over Miller last year but its hard to find a lot of articles about him this year....

Administrator

Default Re: Kandre Miller Incoming

Seems to be a lot of info missing here about the league. The fact Mikkola is a tradable asset tells me it's some kind of multi-cat league with at least HIT/BKS.

Overall I think you did alright in terms of asset management. Mikkola is out-performing Miller in my multi-cat league this year, but I don't see him as a standout long-term. Right now he's in the right place at the right time. Miller should be productive for 10+ years. The issue is he's not a power play guy so his upside is limited. He had 43 last year but it's not surprising his current pace is under 40 given his role. Looking at last year and this year, you have a good idea of his production range moving forward.

I think Mangiapane/Debrusk is mostly a wash, and could sway one way or the other depending on categories. One thing to note is Mangiapane never misses games, while Debrusk is out of the lineup pretty frequently.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Kandre Miller Incoming

Thank you - I appreciate that!

I'm sort of famous for trading Dmen when they're serviceable right before they go supernova- lol! I moved Hronek, Morrissey and Bouchard all before they blew up.... to the same team!!! Bouchard I what I was getting into at least and got a sizable return but the other two are just nightmare fuel- haha!

I sort of have Kandre Miller in that same spot as Morrissey right before he broke out. No pp role lead to a lack of production which saw some backlash in fantasy circles but as soon as he got that role back down the line he was a force. I'm not saying Miller would ever challenge Fox but getting mop up duty for the top unit and solid secondary time could see him net 50 or so in the next couple seasons. Maybe thats optimistic but I really feel.like thats where were headed with him. I will say the Rangers fans at HFboards don't generally feel the same way- lol!!

I appreciate your injury feedback about the wingers- good point! I also just sort of love that of Mangiapanes 35 gials two seasons ago- only 8 were on the powerplay!! Im not sure what his future holds but thats an impressive feather in his cap...