Thread: NHL returning to Olympics in 2026, 2030; other intl tournaments planned

Dobber Sports Monster

Default NHL returning to Olympics in 2026, 2030; other intl tournaments planned

There has been buzz about this for a few weeks - that an announcement might be made by Gary during All Star weekend.

https://twitter.com/MAGodin/status/1753298261211775248

Marc Antoine Godin
    @MAGodin
    Negotiating blitz tonight between the NHL, The NHLPA and the IIHF. If it comes to fruition, the league could announce its participation to the next Winter Olympics on Friday.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: NHL announcing 2026 Olympic participation soon?

https://twitter.com/KevinWeekes/stat...L47Iiu84A&s=19

👀
    I’m told the @NHL @NHLPA players tracking to participate in 2026 Winter Olympics in Milan Italy 🇮🇹 🔥 🥅, and the 2030 Winter Olympics as well. Of note ; likely no @NHL All-Star Game next year. @frank_seravalli first to report. #HockeyX #HockeyTwitter .

Dobber Sports Deity

Default NHL returns to Olympics in '26

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...hYDBr4c_Q&s=19

In addition to the 2025 Four Nations tournament, the NHL and NHLPA will announce a return to the 2026 Olympics this afternoon, per sources.

Best on best hockey is back.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: NHL returns to Olympics in '26

Great News!

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: NHL returning to Olympics in 2026, 2030; other intl tournaments planned

So it looks like:

Olympics in 2026 and 2030 confirmed by the NHL

2025 tournament between CAN, USA, SWE and FIN run by NHL also confirmed

NHL plans for a World Cup of Hockey in 2028, 2032

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

Default Re: NHL returning to Olympics in 2026, 2030; other intl tournaments planned

I'm all for this. But I will add that when Hasek got injured in the Olympics it ended up costing me my league, so I'm always kind of hoping not too many of the guys on my teams play, although if that is the case then I'm probably not in contention anyways......
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Pseudo-confirmed for 2034 as well, given that the most likely location for those games is Salt Lake City and the NHL will have a team in SLC.

Dobber Sports Sage

So World Cup every four years, Olympics every 4, All Star game every 2?

Probably more money in a World Cup and that would make the All Star game a little more fresh.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    So World Cup every four years, Olympics every 4, All Star game every 2?

Probably more money in a World Cup and that would make the All Star game a little more fresh.
    Yup and I hope they take the World Cup seriously. Make it like football/soccer with the Euro and World Cup alternating every two years. If the NHL builds a World Cup into a legitimate tournament, it's not entirely unforeseeable that it becomes the NHL's way of making money off international hockey (which probably allows them to shun the Olympics eventually)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Won't be the same without Russia.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

Just have a 8-country World Cup every 4 years in September. It won't interrupt the regular season and the NHL could reap all the revenue.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Master

is there going to be a fantasy draft so canada/u.s/swe/finland can bolster lineups with the likes of pasta and drai

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    is there going to be a fantasy draft so canada/u.s/swe/finland can bolster lineups with the likes of pasta and drai
    Pasta and Draisaitl and Stutzle should be able to draft a team of the remaining players to play in this tourney.

it might end up being these three and Russians, but still it would be better if Draisaitl and Pasta were in this tourney!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Pastrnak said he will not watch the Four Nations Tournament since Czechia is not part of it.