Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Trade Deadline Thread 2024

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: NHL Trade Deadline Thread 2024

A bit more trades last season weren't there?

Your favorite hockey analyst The Hockey Guy made a video about Elias Pettersson maybe getting traded before the deadline. A 50/50 chance which seems a lot higher than I thought. He got one more year as restricted before UFA, but I don't see Vancouver trading him at this point. They'll run with him and maybe get less for him next year, but there's no chance they're giving up a SC chance this season, I think.

....and where would he go? Detroit? They'd love to get their nr1 center.

Any other rumors that E Pettersson may be getting traded this deadline?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by loppantorkel View Post
    A bit more trades last season weren't there?

Your favorite hockey analyst The Hockey Guy made a video about Elias Pettersson maybe getting traded before the deadline. A 50/50 chance which seems a lot higher than I thought. He got one more year as restricted before UFA, but I don't see Vancouver trading him at this point. They'll run with him and maybe get less for him next year, but there's no chance they're giving up a SC chance this season, I think.

....and where would he go? Detroit? They'd love to get their nr1 center.

Any other rumors that E Pettersson may be getting traded this deadline?
    I have yet to listen but today's 32 Thoughts podcast with Elliotte Friedman talks about it apparently. There seems to be some smoke there.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ace

That sounds like one of those scenarios where "they'll entertain offers" but they're not that motivated unless it's a huge haul.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Lots of talk about it. I wonder how much of this is pure tactic and controlled leaks to put some pressure on Pettersson. Still seems very unlikely he's dealt now.

Dobber Sports Icon

Sounds like Hanifin is going to FLA.

Dobber Sports Monster

On Insider Trading (TSN), they mentioned Tyler Toffoli as a potential trade chip if the Devils continue to fall out of the playoff mix.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    On Insider Trading (TSN), they mentioned Tyler Toffoli as a potential trade chip if the Devils continue to fall out of the playoff mix.
    The Devils have to look at the Flyers and ask... how does that team keep winning?

Seeing the Flyers beat the Lightning 6-2 has to be tough on the Devils as they have to just be waiting for the Flyers to go on a big slide so they can catch them.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    The Devils have to look at the Flyers and ask... how does that team keep winning?

Seeing the Flyers beat the Lightning 6-2 has to be tough on the Devils as they have to just be waiting for the Flyers to go on a big slide so they can catch them.
    If NJ has to ask that question then they have the wrong people running that team. Anyone ding-a-ling with have a hockey clue can tell you how that team is winning games.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If NJ has to ask that question then they have the wrong people running that team. Anyone ding-a-ling with have a hockey clue can tell you how that team is winning games.
    But every ding-a-ling with a hockey clue at the start of the season predicted that they were a bottom 3 team this year.
    And then they just recently lost Carter Hart....

And then New Jersey was expected to be a top 5 team and they are only top 5 in their division.
    And no one at the start of the year would have bet on them being sellers and selling Toffoli at the deadline.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Initiate

If only there were more Tortorellas for hire...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

PHI is still "smoke & mirrors" for me.
    I've watched about 1/3rd of their games and I'm just baffled that they are in playoff contention.
    They basically have 2-3 2nd lines (the 3rd line plays sometimes like a 2nd & 3rd), and a 4th line.

They've avoided injuries and their goalies have been overperforming.
    It'd be interesting to check - but I'd guess they are one of the "healthiest" teams in the NHL.

They probably DO have best "hustle" in the NHL right now.
    And "hustle" can be good for a 10%-15% boost in shots/goals/defense... if a team keeps with it.
    Hustle also helps with things like springing on short-handed chances - as the opposing team who is hoping to set-up is usually down-shifting their speed to be more tactful and PHI have countered on several teams this way this year.
    I'm pretty sure they're the top PK-scoring team in the NHL.

This said - "hustle" only last a certain length of time... and then you need some skill.
    Come playoffs/playoff-push... every team is playing with hustle.
    PHI is one of only a handful of teams that is showing it every game throughout this season.
    And a lot of teams are close to empty on hustle in February (post ASG has a lot of "tired legs" on some teams).

I don't see them making playoffs in the East... but they continue to win games they shouldn't.

[Torts' teams - especially those CBJ teams - have always had great hustle/work-ethic. The issue with that... is there's no "upside". Whereas a team with skill, say TB, once they start hustling... has an upside people aren't ready for. PHI's upside is what you see so far this season. For "building" a team, I'm not a huge fan of Torts, because he can inflate a team's finish by 5-10 places. When you have a bottom 1/3rd NHL skill-team... what's the point in trying to get them to finish middle-of-pack?!? IDK. We'll see.]

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

[Torts' teams - especially those CBJ teams - have always had great hustle/work-ethic. The issue with that... is there's no "upside". Whereas a team with skill, say TB, once they start hustling... has an upside people aren't ready for. PHI's upside is what you see so far this season. For "building" a team, I'm not a huge fan of Torts, because he can inflate a team's finish by 5-10 places. When you have a bottom 1/3rd NHL skill-team... what's the point in trying to get them to finish middle-of-pack?!? IDK. We'll see.]
    I am likewise loathe to get excited about any Tortarella team but Poehling, Foerster, Brink and York have added some spice to their usual ho-hum mix of blue collar grind. That probably means 2 of them will be traded for another grinder but at least it's a little more entertaining for now. I'm sure Torts and Michkov are super excited to get to know each other...

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    I am likewise loathe to get excited about any Tortarella team but Poehling, Foerster, Brink and York have added some spice to their usual ho-hum mix of blue collar grind. That probably means 2 of them will be traded for another grinder but at least it's a little more entertaining for now. I'm sure Torts and Michkov are super excited to get to know each other...
    The good thing is, Torts will likely be at the end of his shelf life by the time Michkov makes his way over to the NHL (2026-27) as he started as the head coach for the 2022-23 season (so that would be his 5th season)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Torts/Michkov could get along fine.
    I think most people think US-Russia clash...
    But there's some nationalism in both countries that sometimes has these types click.

Not sure how Michkov's world aligns politically.
    But I know how Torts' does.
    They may be fine... especially if the military-esque coaching style is something Michkov has grown up with in Russia.

Ooops... totally took this thread off track.

Anybody got any good trade rumblings?!?
    Today - on twitter - I think I read Adam Henrique (ANA) is most logical depth-center to be on the move shortly.

Dobber Sports Ace

In before Michkov's rights are traded for a 4th liner and a draft pick

Farm (notables):