Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All-Star Weekend (Toronto 2024)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: All-Star Weekend (Toronto 2024)

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    There is no way you can tell me that wasn’t a staged draft. They had the player’s jerseys made up?! I guess they could have had 4 sets for each player made but I dunno.

Ya the interactions btwn Amber and the players was tough to watch. And I’m thinking the leafs are not really into Beiber as much as Beiber is into the leafs. They just kinda shunned him as he sat there trying to look cool and not pouty.
    Bieber was on another planet he was so high. He needed to sit down the whole time because of it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    There is no way you can tell me that wasn’t a staged draft. They had the player’s jerseys made up?! I guess they could have had 4 sets for each player made but I dunno.

Ya the interactions btwn Amber and the players was tough to watch. And I’m thinking the leafs are not really into Beiber as much as Beiber is into the leafs. They just kinda shunned him as he sat there trying to look cool and not pouty.
    The fact that Matthews got both Nylander AND Marner tells you there was some sort of backstage agreement on who they were taking and who not to take. Same for the Quinn side who got most of the Canucks.

It will be interesting to see the McDavid team, who only drafted one Dman (Dahlin). Then again, they have Hellebuyck so who needs D when you have him in nets. McDavid and Draisaitl will have the puck most of the time anyway.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

There was only 4D in the whole All Star pool and 3 were captains (Makar, Rielly, QHughes). It also doesn't matter because no one plays a traditional D role in 3on3, let alone playing D in the ASG. But ya, everyone has 1 D.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    There was only 4D in the whole All Star pool and 3 were captains (Makar, Rielly, QHughes). It also doesn't matter because no one plays a traditional D role in 3on3, let alone playing D in the ASG. But ya, everyone has 1 D.
    Well there ya go. I was only looking at the names and found that one interesting.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Buble is fun.

Skills seemed fun too.

Dobber Sports Titan

There's got to be something that can be done to prevent Kucherov from doing what he did. That was horrible, but when you force someone to do something they don't want to do, especially Kucherov's personality, that will happen.

Honestly I don't get him. Wouldn't it be better to fake an injury and miss 1 game than to do all that traveling and time wasting?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Kucherov has always had zero class so I'm not surprised to see his behavior this weekend

Administrator

Kucherov couldn't hear the boos because his two Stanley Cup rings were plugging his ears

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports All-Star

Nah he's just saving the energy to sweep the Leafs in May. Just another way to piss off Leaf fans.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Superstar

There's got to be something that can be done to prevent Kucherov from doing what he did. That was horrible, but when you force someone to do something they don't want to do, especially Kucherov's personality, that will happen.

Honestly I don't get him. Wouldn't it be better to fake an injury and miss 1 game than to do all that traveling and time wasting?
    I watched parts of each event, the draft was pretty weak. I do not blame the NHL, I blame the players, most NHL players have had any personality worked out of their public personna since they were 15 so these show your personality events usually end like this.

The skills competition was the best it has been in a while. The hockey decathlon was cool keeping the fans engaged from one event to another. Kucherov's performance was unfortunate, such a waste of a spot.
    props to the NHL for putting up $1million to the skills winner. Yes these guys are all rich but that is still 10% of Kucheov's annual salary for 2 hours of effort.

I get why the NHL wanted him in the skills competition and maybe he thought he had no choice but if he was going to do that why not tell the NHL and have another young guy who gives a shit take his spot. Again, most guys will give effort due to pride and a shot at $1million.

The game is always going to be meh for me. It cannot be "worth" anything because the last thing any fan wants is their all-star getting hurt in an exhibition, which means low effort, which means no hitting, which means you lose what makes hockey compelling. The NHL does the best with what it has (a ton of stars not giving max effort). It's over and done, now back to the second half of a compelling NHL season.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Expert

The NHL should probably just put more emphasis on this being children's event for children and perhaps child-priced tickets to encourage a large percentage of the audience to be children for this children's event.

Guys like Kucherov will still resent going but maybe they'll be less of a dick about it. You know - for kids.

Dobber Sports Titan

Saying Kucherov has 2 rings in his ears or he's too busy sweeping the Leafs in May aren't understanding the bigger picture, or too lazy to critique a thought properly. Those aren't even good jokes...but whatever.

Anyone who gave that level of effort is classless regardless of nationality, team, or player. He went out of his way to be bad, it wasn't even a "little effort to not get hurt" it was "I wonder how bad I can actually be".

Kucherov was probably the only player that thought it was actually funny/acceptable. Fans complain about players not giving effort, then actually like the fact Kucherov didn't give any effort? Nah, you guys aren't truthful if you thought it was ok.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Maybe he's a bit ticked off at Toronto period? Maybe he's ticked off at the NHL for not including Russians in international events? OR maybe just maybe he doesn't give a rats ass of what people think of him. Maybe.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Maybe he's a bit ticked off at Toronto period? Maybe he's ticked off at the NHL for not including Russians in international events? OR maybe just maybe he doesn't give a rats ass of what people think of him. Maybe.
    Don't go then. He clearly cares enough to make people see how little he cares.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Saying Kucherov has 2 rings in his ears or he's too busy sweeping the Leafs in May aren't understanding the bigger picture, or too lazy to critique a thought properly. Those aren't even good jokes...but whatever.

Anyone who gave that level of effort is classless regardless of nationality, team, or player. He went out of his way to be bad, it wasn't even a "little effort to not get hurt" it was "I wonder how bad I can actually be".

Kucherov was probably the only player that thought it was actually funny/acceptable. Fans complain about players not giving effort, then actually like the fact Kucherov didn't give any effort? Nah, you guys aren't truthful if you thought it was ok.
    I must admit I laughed at the rings jokes, it was funny to me.

Maybe not to Leafs fan's... but I found it funny.
    Almost as funny as when Patrick Roy actually said it.

Probably not as good with the Russian accent as the French Canadian accent...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​