Thread: Sim League Trade opinion

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Sim League Trade opinion

Hockey Simulator trade opinion

I’ll try to keep this short and to the point

I’m in a Sim league. 32 GMs. 60 player roster + prospects. I’ve been in a rebuild the past couple years and managed to get young guys like Zegras, Caufield, McTavish, Peterka, Hague and more to build around.

Right now, it looks like I’ll be making the playoffs and I’m looking to maybe add a few pieces in order to have a better chance to contend but I don’t want to get rid of all of my prospect depth either.

I was offered Seth Jones and Charlie Coyle. Both would be under team control for quite a few years still

Trade partner wants a couple roster players I dont care about (schwartz and Merrill) but wants Ryan Leonard, Easton Cowan and two 1st round picks (would be late picks)

Question is, do I have enough depth to make this trade? Other notable prospects:

Brandt Clarke
    Carson Lambos
    Owen Pickering
    Shane Wright
    Brayden Yager
    Brennan Othmann
    Raphael Lavoie
    Dmitri Voronkov
    Nolan Foote
    Vasili Podkolzin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Sim League Trade opinion

Seems like a lot to give up. It's not so much that you don't have decent prospects. I don't know much about SIM leagues but 2 first rounders and 2 pretty good prospects seems like a ton for those players to me.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It's an easy NO for me.

Mostly because Charlie Coyle really isn't/shouldn't be a 1st/2nd line center for Boston.
    As soon as they bring somebody in... Coyle's stats dive.
    CHI also will run Korchinski more & more... he's a Kyle Davidson pick.
    Not a Kyle-Davidson player signing... is Seth Jones. (that was a Stan Bowman signing, in July 2021)
    And Seth Jones... is no youngster. He'll turn 30 to start next season (Oct.2, 1994 birthday).
    He's a big body (6'-4") and I don't love BIG players on the other side of 30.
    Their bodies just seem to breakdown more than average-ish size players.
    (Chara... being a massive exception... but look at guys like Shea Weber or Oliver Ekman-Larsson... even the full game of Ryan Suter or Rasmus Ristolainen... the smaller, younger kids are just more apt to steal offensive minutes.)

I'd pass.
    I really like Ryan Leonard.
    And I think Easton Cowan (and any ELC discount Leafs) will patch in really nicely with the 4 big F contracts.
    Cowan is going to be their 6th/7th best F behind the big4 and Knies within a year or two.

(Just curious - is the guy asking a "Leafs fan"?... because not that many people are hip to Cowan's upside right now.)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

When I read it I thought it was Charlie McEvoy. So it's even worse now. Definite Pass.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    It's an easy NO for me.

Mostly because Charlie Coyle really isn't/shouldn't be a 1st/2nd line center for Boston.
    As soon as they bring somebody in... Coyle's stats dive.
    CHI also will run Korchinski more & more... he's a Kyle Davidson pick.
    Not a Kyle-Davidson player signing... is Seth Jones. (that was a Stan Bowman signing, in July 2021)
    And Seth Jones... is no youngster. He'll turn 30 to start next season (Oct.2, 1994 birthday).
    He's a big body (6'-4") and I don't love BIG players on the other side of 30.
    Their bodies just seem to breakdown more than average-ish size players.
    (Chara... being a massive exception... but look at guys like Shea Weber or Oliver Ekman-Larsson... even the full game of Ryan Suter or Rasmus Ristolainen... the smaller, younger kids are just more apt to steal offensive minutes.)

I'd pass.
    I really like Ryan Leonard.
    And I think Easton Cowan (and any ELC discount Leafs) will patch in really nicely with the 4 big F contracts.
    Cowan is going to be their 6th/7th best F behind the big4 and Knies within a year or two.

(Just curious - is the guy asking a "Leafs fan"?... because not that many people are hip to Cowan's upside right now.)
    Nah he’s just listening to the Toronto media hype. Preseason/World Juniors.

Thanks everyone. My assumption was right. I’ll stay the course. Thanks for the help

Dobber Sports Icon

Four first round picks seems to be quite a bit to give up to get 2 "2nd line performers" in Coyle/Jones. I would look either to give up less or to get players with a little more upside.