Thread: Some Dicey Goalie Considerations....

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Some Dicey Goalie Considerations....

So I know both guys have pretty well nil value right now and neither is really seen as a lock to even sniff a starters role BUT...

Arvid Soderblom or Cal Petersen?

Either guy would be a free add off of waivers so the "risk" is as small as it gets haha! Just trying to find out which of these two might have some semblance of a shot at providing a reward....

League is a weekly format so starters are at a premium- backups and 1bs lose a lot of value. Outside of that we award the most points for wins and saves. We start 1-2 goalies each week and my preference would be to start 2 if I could swing it.

My other goalies are Swayman and Daccord as starters- I've got Schmid on my pro roster where hes firmly planted on the bench and I've got Cossa in the minors- where hes eligible until 40 NHL games played.

Goaltending is clearly an area of need but they're also pretty well unavailable via trade lol! So your options are to grab a bigger name guy in the draft and wait 5-7 years until they MIGHT be a consideration OR you gamble on a Soderblom or Petersen- lol!

So gun to your head- who ya got??

The Great One

Default Re: Some Dicey Goalie Considerations....

With Mrazek getting extended and looking by and large better than he has in recent seasons, I have concerns about Soderblom. Then again, Mrazek does get hurt and he's not being paid so much as to be unable to be pushed aside. If Hart is looking at major issues due to 2018, Peterson's value rises from a virtual zero to....well.....more than zero. But he's looked worse and worse with each passing season. I'd gamble on Soderblom of the two. Cossa is a nice piece to own, with Detroit's netminder situation up for grabs and Cossa, despite being only 21, already seeing action in his second AHL season.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports All-Star

Soderblom, water pistol with hot water to my head.

Administrator

I'd roll the dice on Cal Petersen. Ersson has had four straight bad games so there might be an opportunity in the near future. In the meantime keep an eye out for the next Daccord to emerge.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust