Thread: Trade help - McDavid included

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trade help - McDavid included

Team and league in signature

Was offered these 2 trades over the weekend. I'm 12-4 (in 2nd due to me leading my division). I'm 6th in points for (I have 1190 and 1st has 1405) but have the lowest points against. After starting 0-3, I've gone 12-1 and am on a 10 week winning streak.

Offer 1
    My Sorokin and Keller for his Pavelski (rw), Heiskanen and Shesterkin

Don't like having so many Stars after this deal and like that Keller has c,lw,rw eligibility. But the deal helps with my D and think Shesterkin should turn it around in the second half

Offer 2 - from the last place team

My McDavid for his Makar, Mcavoy and W Nylander

He is a huge oilers fan. I had offered him McDavid (and 2 throw ins) early in the year for his Bedard, Makar and Nylander which he declined. I don't want to give him McDavid in a keeper league where he would have both Connor's.
    16 team H2H ESPN points only league - keep 2 (cost 1st and 2nd round pick)
    Skaters - 3pts for goals, 2pts for assists and extra 1pt for powerplay point
    Goalies - 5pts win, -1pt goals allowed, 0.1pt saves and 3 pts shutout
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2D, 1G and 6 bench spots

C - McDavid, Zibanejad
    LW - J Robertson, Keller (c,rw), Henrique (c), Granlund
    RW - Toffoli, Peterka, Mercer (c), Tippett
    D - Josi, Werenski

G - Sorokin, Markstrom, Lindgren, Rittich

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Trade help - McDavid included

In a keep 2 I’d be holding onto McDavid. There isn’t anyone better. Once you trade him he’s gone and not coming back.
    I traded McDavid last season in a Keep 6 for B.Tkachuk, MacKinnon , Sorokin. I won the season. However I was knocked out in the 1st round of the playoffs by a suddenly hot team. I was sure the McDavid trade would get me the Championship. McDavid’s gone and I’d rather still own him.
    However if OGM is a huge Oiler fan and you’re set on something like Bedard, Makar as your 2 keepers then call the shots. You own what OGM wants.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    In a keep 2 I’d be holding onto McDavid. There isn’t anyone better. Once you trade him he’s gone and not coming back.
    I traded McDavid last season in a Keep 6 for B.Tkachuk, MacKinnon , Sorokin. I won the season. However I was knocked out in the 1st round of the playoffs by a suddenly hot team. I was sure the McDavid trade would get me the Championship. McDavid’s gone and I’d rather still own him.
    However if OGM is a huge Oiler fan and you’re set on something like Bedard, Makar as your 2 keepers then call the shots. You own what OGM wants.
    Thank you for the response. I should have also mentioned in the original post. In asking for Bedard, Makar and Nylander I was also talking with another manager who was willing to trade Matthews for Bedard. So McDavid would net me Matthews, Makar and Nylander (which similar to you my thought is I win the league this year) and then keep Matthews and Makar next season. However, is that better than starting with McDavid and say Jason Robertson as keepers next year? Probabaly not.
    16 team H2H ESPN points only league - keep 2 (cost 1st and 2nd round pick)
    Skaters - 3pts for goals, 2pts for assists and extra 1pt for powerplay point
    Goalies - 5pts win, -1pt goals allowed, 0.1pt saves and 3 pts shutout
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2D, 1G and 6 bench spots

C - McDavid, Zibanejad
    LW - J Robertson, Keller (c,rw), Henrique (c), Granlund
    RW - Toffoli, Peterka, Mercer (c), Tippett
    D - Josi, Werenski

G - Sorokin, Markstrom, Lindgren, Rittich

Dobber Sports Veteran

McDavid & Makar provide you with the #1 forward and dman. Personally I feel it gets to a point where if you favour one player over another from an enjoyment point of view then fill your boots.
    Leagues come & go, life plans change. When you’re talking about a choice of keeping 2 of the top 10 players it comes down to what makes you happy & provides you with an opportunity to win your league. Just remember you hold the keys (McDavid) on how you want this to pan out. If you’re trading him, don’t settle, get what you want in return. If the OGM walks the worst that can happen is you will be stuck with McDavid. There are 15 other teams in your league who would be happy to have that problem. Good luck.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson