Thread: What is your take on Reichel and Coronato?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What is your take on Reichel and Coronato?

Two guys performing very well in the A, but not so much in the big leagues despite having an opportunity on the top6.

They both play for some mediocre team, and they're both very young, so there's that

I think it's safe to say that most of us expected a better progression.

They're still ranked preeeetty high on dobber's prospects ranking but it feels like dobber ranks 20-21-22 years old way ahead of 18-19 years old. I'm confused

I'm not throwing the towel as an owner, but it feels like I've got quartz instead of diamonds.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: What is your take on Reichel and Coronato?

Quote Originally Posted by Overated Veteran View Post
    Two guys performing very well in the A, but not so much in the big leagues despite having an opportunity on the top6.

They both play for some mediocre team, and they're both very young, so there's that

I think it's safe to say that most of us expected a better progression.

They're still ranked preeeetty high on dobber's prospects ranking but it feels like dobber ranks 20-21-22 years old way ahead of 18-19 years old. I'm confused

I'm not throwing the towel as an owner, but it feels like I've got quartz instead of diamonds.
    Looking only at the player and not the surrounding cast, I like Reichel more than Coronato. Reichel's history (this year excepted) is good and shows an upward trend through time. Coronato's is not as impressive. When you consider surrounding cast, Reichel's face might be warmed by the light of the Bedard sun, while Coronato is on a team with a downward slope and not much around him. I'd prefer the chance of Reichel receiving Bedard shine.

All that being said, the knock on Reichel, at least that I've heard, is that he's more tools than brain and his hockey sense is limited. I hate hearing that. Still, both of these guys are closer to guys you hope hit, as opposed to higher end prospects that you fully expect to hit. Given that they're closer to lottery tickets than to foundational building blocks, I'll go with Reichel for higher upside.