Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking: charges coming for 2018 WJC

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Breaking: charges coming for 2018 WJC

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    2. Dube could be having a panic attack over this, and that's why it's a "mental health" leave, but I don't consider this a mental health leave. I want reporters to ask the question to Calgary's management staff, but I'm sure they've been given a statement on how to respond to it. Calgary might not even have known this was happening, but Dube did. But I want the media to really pressure this part of it on Calgary.
    If you want to know how Calgary will respond if questioned about Dube, just take a look at Danny Briere's answer when he was asked about Carter Hart. The league has told teams not to talk about the situation.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, there's always a chance that Dube isn't one of the five. It's odd that the Flames statement specifically said he was stepping away due to his mental health and asked that his privacy be respected, while the statements from the Devils and Flyers both provide no details and are literally identical. But at the same time, it's equally odd that the Flames said that Dube was "under the care of mental health professionals" rather than stating that he was entering the player assistance program.

Bottom line: if Dube is guilty and the Flames tried covering up for him, I hope they get hammered by the media, fans, sponsors, and anyone else who can hammer them for that kind of shady behaviour.
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports Sage

Frank Seravalli on the DFO Podcast really tore into the league over the lack of an NHL response and the timing of the Salt Lake City press release not even an hour after the report of the upcoming charges. I'm curious to compare how Marek and Friedman reported this.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Frank Seravalli on the DFO Podcast really tore into the league over the lack of an NHL response and the timing of the Salt Lake City press release not even an hour after the report of the upcoming charges. I'm curious to compare how Marek and Friedman reported this.
    Chris Johnston talked about the Utah press release on his podcast yesterday (Weds?) and said the timing was not intentional at all and just shit a$$ luck that both stories came out at a similar time. He had talked about how the press will get a heads up on stories and told not to release them until a certain time of the day and the Utah thing was in their inbox before the World Junior story broke and had a time to release it later that morning. Dont know if that's true or not, but no reason to not believe him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Puck View Post
    If you want to know how Calgary will respond if questioned about Dube, just take a look at Danny Briere's answer when he was asked about Carter Hart. The league has told teams not to talk about the situation.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, there's always a chance that Dube isn't one of the five. It's odd that the Flames statement specifically said he was stepping away due to his mental health and asked that his privacy be respected, while the statements from the Devils and Flyers both provide no details and are literally identical. But at the same time, it's equally odd that the Flames said that Dube was "under the care of mental health professionals" rather than stating that he was entering the player assistance program.

Bottom line: if Dube is guilty and the Flames tried covering up for him, I hope they get hammered by the media, fans, sponsors, and anyone else who can hammer them for that kind of shady behaviour.
    Ya I know the statements will be the same. But I would be asking regardless. Gotta ask just so the team has to answer with something.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Chris Johnston talked about the Utah press release on his podcast yesterday (Weds?) and said the timing was not intentional at all and just shit a$$ luck that both stories came out at a similar time. He had talked about how the press will get a heads up on stories and told not to release them until a certain time of the day and the Utah thing was in their inbox before the World Junior story broke and had a time to release it later that morning. Dont know if that's true or not, but no reason to not believe him.
    It could be really bad luck, but if Sportsnet reporters were asking London Police about it Tuesday, I have a hard time believing the NHL couldn't have had their ears to the ground on this and gave the Utah group a heads up. I will believe the NHL didn't hear about it until the news broke, but to not be proactive on something is wrong, but so NHL.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

New Jersey placed McLeod and Foote on NHL Non-Roster slot, same with Calgary and Dube. Essentially they are counting against the cap, but they aren't counting towards the 23 man roster. So they are IR eligible on Yahoo.

Philadelphia hasn't placed Hart there yet. But Yahoo has placed him as "out" so he's IR+ eligible.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I just heard there take on the pod. Basically a nothing burger. Scared of a lawsuit if they dig into anything to deep or potential names. I don't really expect much of anything even after the names are revealed. It will be a whole bunch of were so sorry for the victim, we must all ensure were better in the future and this never happens again. A week later, look Auston Matthews is now on pace for 72 goals up from 71 just a game ago.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I just heard there take on the pod. Basically a nothing burger. Scared of a lawsuit if they dig into anything to deep or potential names. I don't really expect much of anything even after the names are revealed. It will be a whole bunch of were so sorry for the victim, we must all ensure were better in the future and this never happens again. A week later, look Auston Matthews is now on pace for 72 goals up from 71 just a game ago.
    What do you want to happen?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    a
    I listened to Friedman on Marek's show and that was my takeaway as well. I like those guys but it would be nice if they gave a critical take every once in a while. About the only time I can recall Friedman getting fired up was about Hockey Canada's Admin Board and that whole controversy.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

EF is the voice of the NHL, he's not an insider anymore for me. Seravalli is the top insider for me. Everyone else are just puppets. Even the NHL XM radio sucks when it comes to negative takes on the sport. They don't criticized DOPS, Refs, the sport in general, or even something as long hanging as the Chicago Blackhawks situation. They hung up on people calling in to take aim at the league/CBH for that. Unacceptable.

I get it from a "I want to keep my connections with teams" section of the job for those tops guys, but you are a reporter 1st, not an employee to the league. EF is a joke of a reporter now in my opinion. He's a media person for the NHL which is a big difference to me.

Dobber Sports Icon

NHL on SiriusXM is paid by the league, no? would you be able to verbally bash your employer directly in the face and continue to work there?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    What you are doing is actually undermining the concept of fairness and justice when you say "then the 5 certainly are guilty, whether found so or not in a court trial, let alone the 3 others that are also involved, however without enough evidence to charge."
    Strongly Disagree. The concepts of fairness and justice largely do not exist in the realm of sexual assault, with respect to the law/courts.

Let's let the system do what it is designed to do.
    The system is designed to fail in these cases. The burden of proof required to properly convict is close to impossible to attain. We're all free to make our own judgements as we see fit. There's an easy argument that these 5 will never face real consequences through the courts. That court judgement will in no way change my own opinion, abject of some highly compelling counter evidence that likely already would have come to light if it existed. Innocent in a court of law does not always mean actually innocent and it would be nice if society stopped being so naïve about it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Strongly Disagree. The concepts of fairness and justice largely do not exist in the realm of sexual assault, with respect to the law/courts.

The system is designed to fail in these cases. The burden of proof required to properly convict is close to impossible to attain.
    I guess we do strongly disagree and I am glad for it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I guess we do strongly disagree and I am glad for it.
    Right, you support was is provable not what is moral. Couldn't be me. Cheat on everything as long as you get away with it.

If you need a piece of paper, any piece of paper, to tell you how to be a good person, well...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Right, you support was is provable not what is moral. Couldn't be me. Cheat on everything as long as you get away with it.

If you need a piece of paper, any piece of paper, to tell you how to be a good person, well...
    I feel bad for you. You remind me of a friend of of mine who went off the rails over the course of several years, eventually completely disconnecting from our entire friend group. In the name of being morally right on everything he became an incredibly judgmental and difficult person to be around. Very angry all of the time and would fly off the handle about perceived injustices in the world. He's now one of those online-only type individuals who has very few real world relationships because of how badly he mistreated everyone due to his desire to constantly virtue signal and "prove" that he was the only one who was really a good person. I cannot know for sure, but I suspect he is very lonely. I don't know your story or if it is similar for you. If it is I hope you can pull yourself out of it and get the help you need. We miss our buddy.

Dobber Sports Stud

can we get back on topic... please??? I keep opening this thread hoping to learn that these 5 scumbags are going to jail for a longtime.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft