Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Breaking: charges coming for 2018 WJC

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Breaking: charges coming for 2018 WJC

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Then the London Police chief blamed the media for it's "portrayal of women" in why the Canadian Juniors allegedly raped the victim.
    Ah. Just what I look for from the police: moralizing. And stupid moralizing at that. We're all exposed to the same media and most of us don't go around allegedly gang raping women.
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports Deity

This is interesting, and something I wasnt aware of until now:

https://twitter.com/SWhyno/status/1754608805705289957

Hockey Canada says ALL players from 2018 world junior team, following appeal, remain ineligible to represent Canada internationally. So, as of now, that means no Cale Makar or Robert Thomas at worlds or Olympics. NHL's 4 Nations Face-off next week is league rules so they can play
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Puck View Post
    Ah. Just what I look for from the police: moralizing. And stupid moralizing at that. We're all exposed to the same media and most of us don't go around allegedly gang raping women.
    Just a ploy to deflect attention and blame from the LPD. Abhorrent statement from him. It’s a crazy system when the public relies on investigative reporters to uncover the truth rather than the cops. But it is a process and it will be a long one.

Dobber Sports Titan

NHL teams will received salary cap relief for the players who are being charged.

HORRIBLY BS to me.

Luongo's deal = no relief
    Players who are in the assistance programs = no relief
    Mike Richards issues = no relief
    4 players who's deals are up this summer who are being charged with sexual assault = Ya, the team needs a break. They def didn't know anything about potential issues with them.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

NHL teams will received salary cap relief for the players who are being charged.

HORRIBLY BS to me.

Luongo's deal = no relief
    Players who are in the assistance programs = no relief
    Mike Richards issues = no relief
    4 players who's deals are up this summer who are being charged with sexual assault = Ya, the team needs a break. They def didn't know anything about potential issues with them.
    I do agree that this reeks of BS. Teams should be forced to either sit on the contracts or buy them out if you dont want them on your books anymore.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Oh and that mental health tag Calgary used on Dube, if I'm CBJ I'm asking wtf with that and Laine not getting cap relief in an LTIR sense.

It's a slippery slop that should not have been allowed. It's 1yr these guys are signed for, just punish the teams for the yr with minimal cap issues. Put a warning out that if you don't do your do-diligence on players backgrounds, this could happen.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Oh and that mental health tag Calgary used on Dube, if I'm CBJ I'm asking wtf with that and Laine not getting cap relief in an LTIR sense.

It's a slippery slop that should not have been allowed. It's 1yr these guys are signed for, just punish the teams for the yr with minimal cap issues. Put a warning out that if you don't do your do-diligence on players backgrounds, this could happen.
    What would the London Police have told these teams when they did their due-diligence?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The counter point is you want teams to do the right thing, and they're more likely to do the right thing if there is an incentive for it. It's all gross, but my initial thoughts are leaning that this is a good thing not a bad thing. The mistake is not being lenient in other situations, like players entering the assistance program. The Luongo thing is much different, that was literally a rule written into the CBA. The Kings originally did get cap relief for Richards, and then lost some when a grievance was filed. I really think the only comparable here is players in the player assistance program, and teams should get cap relief for that.

I will point out to Axe's point, you cannot buy out a player in the middle of the season.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The counter point is you want teams to do the right thing, and they're more likely to do the right thing if there is an incentive for it. It's all gross, but my initial thoughts are leaning that this is a good thing not a bad thing. The mistake is not being lenient in other situations, like players entering the assistance program. The Luongo thing is much different, that was literally a rule written into the CBA. The Kings originally did get cap relief for Richards, and then lost some when a grievance was filed. I really think the only comparable here is players in the player assistance program, and teams should get cap relief for that.

I will point out to Axe's point, you cannot buy out a player in the middle of the season.
    True, and maybe the term buyout was the wrong wording, but teams can eliminate contracts mid-season (much like Cory Perry just had happen) for morality reasons as part of a standard player contract. That's really what I was trying to say.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    What would the London Police have told these teams when they did their due-diligence?
    NHL did their own investigation and submitted that to London Police. There's players in the league that know what happened and they can "wink wink nudge nudge" info. NFL knows EVERYTHING about their players. You can obtain information in a way that can't be used in court, but can be used to make your own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

Mike Richards situation would have gone to "cap relief" before it went to grievance likely. He was arrested June 17th, 2015 and his court case was adjourned to Dec 8, 2015 and "stayed" in Feb 2016. During that process you can argue an LTIR cap relief would be equivalent to what the League has given these players.

Dobber Sports Genius

Did you hear Cale Makar's quote on not being a part of it.

“It’s tough. I’ve been told not to comment on that ongoing investigation. I’ve been straightforward from the start. I wasn’t there,” Makar said. “It was a very fortunate bounce to not obviously be a part of something like that. I’m just going to leave it to the people who are handling the work right now. I can’t stress enough that I wasn’t part of that.”

A very fortunate bounce? So if he was invited he would of been but he got a lucky bounce he wasn't? Strange way to word that.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

The Great One

Poor choice of words there by Makar. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I wonder if he meant that he wasn't at the Gala at all, which was fortunate for him because he was probably invited to attend the Gala and opted out for some reason. He probably feels grateful that he was no where near London when the incident occurred.

These players are not very media savvy at the best of times. They are so programmed to talk using sport cliches that he used one here in poor taste.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Poor choice of words there by Makar. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I wonder if he meant that he wasn't at the Gala at all, which was fortunate for him because he was probably invited to attend the Gala and opted out for some reason. He probably feels grateful that he was no where near London when the incident occurred.

These players are not very media savvy at the best of times. They are so programmed to talk using sport cliches that he used one here in poor taste.
    totally agree. Would be a bit ridiculous for anyone to jump all over Makar for that choice of words. I’m sure what he meant was simple that in hindsight he’s glad he didn’t go.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm not condemning him or anything, as I'm sure he just misspoke. But imagine being the victim and reading that comment. Honestly, he should have stopped talking after "I’ve been told not to comment."
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Puck View Post
    I'm not condemning him or anything, as I'm sure he just misspoke. But imagine being the victim and reading that comment. Honestly, he should have stopped talking after "I’ve been told not to comment."
    If he simply said “I’m glad I wasn’t there” and nothing else, would that have been fine?

I’m not suggesting you are guilty of this, but there seems to be a desire to punish (or taint) the entire 2018 team for the alleged criminal actions of a few, even those who weren't even in the same city at the time.

I know there is so much that Hockey Canada needs to take responsibility for, but to jump all over Makar of all players, a guy who is widely acknowledged to be of high integrity as a person and player, is going too far.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper