Thread: Trochek - trade help REP Given

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trochek - trade help REP Given

Hi everyone,

I'm in talks with an OGM about acquiring Trochek. I'm competing and the OGM is in a long rebuild. He wanted Michkov in return but I'm not moving him as realistically I can sneak into the money this year (4th place) but have zero chance of winning for the next two as the teams above are in their primes. What killed me this year was the number of band-aid boys on my team, which was great when I was tanking but sucks now that I'm competing. So I'm wanting to offload some players to get healthy ones. He's asked me to set the price (of course).

Laine
    Necas
    Norris
    Werenski
    Faber (just for rookie status)

I'd prefer to move Laine and either Necas or Norris, just because they can't stay healthy and Necas is stuck in Carolina (I also have Svechnikov and Jarvis). I'm trying to gauge what fair value is, as he wants young players.

Any 2:1 deal would allow me to keep Giroux and Weegar at years end. I'd also ask for a pick or non-keeper player back but what I'm trying to determine is what constitutes an overpay for Trochek and go from there. Any advice on fair value would be appreciated and REP where I can!
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Trochek - trade help REP Given

Once you display a skill, you own it (h/t Ron Shandler) so Laine will always have the possibility of a 40 goal season in his pocket. But that season happened 6 years ago. I'd be ok sending Laine away for Trocheck if that were to put me into or over the championship hump. I'd make the offer for Laine alone, and then if the other owner wants to push for a 2nd piece, offer in Norris grudgingly. I'd rather have Weegar than Norris, so I'd pose that Norris is a tough one to deal, but secretly be happy that the door is opened for Weegar. Bottom line, Laine is a problem I'd rather someone else had.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks semryu! That's what I'm thinking too. I tried giving REP but I gave it to you recently.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Personally I think Laine for Trochek is enough. I would not be throwing in Necas or Norris. If you can throw in a pick that would be good but since you didn't mention it I'm guessing that isn't an option. I guess the keeper limit makes a difference but the two for Trochek seems like a lot to me.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am with the others about moving Laine.
    I see that Peterka is on your roster. He could be a decent young player to include if Laine alone does not work for that GM.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov