Thread: Trade offer for Panarin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trade offer for Panarin

For Roto league (G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPG, PPA, Hits, Blocks)

Was offered Larkin, Hintz, Rossi and a 2025 1st vs my Panarin, Coleman, Kyrou

It's a bidding league with a 1000$ cap. This move would save me 100$ and net me 3 keepers vs 1.

Only thing is I am in a battle for first, I do have a pretty deep lineup with Kuch, Pettersson, Marner, Svechnikov, Stutzle, Makar, Josi to name a few.
    1) 12 team keeper league (cap with aav) keep 15. (Less than 82 GP = protected)
    Fwd G 2pt A 1pt Def G 2pt A 1pt Blk .33 pt Goalies - W 2pt OTL 1pt SO 4pt

F(12): Robertson, J Hughes, Stutzle, Zegras, K. Johnson, Kuzmenko, Tolvanen, Byfield, Cooley, Eklund, Evangelista, Knies
    D(6): Seider, Dahlin, Drysdale, Bouchard, Theodore, Mintyukov
    G(2): Andersen, Oettinger
    Bench (8):
    A Tomasino, Guenther, Coronato
    D Clarke, Boqvist, Drysdale, OEL
    G Levi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Trade offer for Panarin

It's a Roto League? I make a pessimistic assessment of whether I have opportunities to move up in specific categories or not. How many teams do I need to jump in addition to how many of that category do I need.

I think with this trade you could expect to lose value in Hits, SOG, G, A, and probably the PP points. +/- who knows. PIM might be a slight gain, and blocks looks like a wash. Using year to date-

If you think you are more likely to finish second or third and want to get a jump on next year then I do the trade. If you think you have a shot at this season I would assess where you can make up the most points and attempt to make trades to attack those.

If you think Rossi grows up quickly in the second half, Coleman slows down or was traded and loses TOI then it's closer to a wash.

As a Rossi believer I would want to make the trade, but it depends on what categories you hope to gain in.
    16 team Yahoo! H2H, Daily moves, Dynasty League-Keep all players end of season minus IR. No farm team/prospect list. 2 rd 'draft' at start of season. Limit of 5 moves per week. No minors system. 3 Goalie Start minimum each week.
    CATs: G, A, +/-, Hits, Blks, PPP, SOG, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C: Aleksander Barkov, Wyatt Johnston
    LW: Juraj Slafkovsky, Kyle Connor
    RW: David Pastrnak, Matt Boldy
    D: Quinn Hughes, Kris Letang, Zach Werenski, EMPTY
    BCH: Pierre-Luc Dubois(C,LW), M. Rossi(C), Evander Kane(LW), Jonathon Huberdeau(LW), Logan Stankoven(C)
    G: John Gibson,A. Stolarz
    Bench: Spencer Knight (G)
    IR(+): Shea Theodore, Patrick Kane, MA Fleury

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't like this. Panarin is even better in your league this year with his increase in shot volume and I think Kyrou is being undervalued here. He's having a down a year but he's a lot closer to Hintz than meets the eye.

Over the last three seasons their points per game mark is 0.96 for Hintz and 0.91 for Kyrou with only one more game played for Hintz in that span AND including Kyrou being at 61 point pace this season. Meaning if Kyrou was pacing for a 70+ point pace we could call it a wash. Factor in Kyrou being the heavier shooter, including one full shot more per game this season and you're trading away two of the top three players IMO.

I'd rank them (this year):

Panarin
    Larkin
    Kyrou
    Hintz

Rossi

Coleman

I can't speak to the value of saving money here but given that you're at the top of the league right now it seems like this move is the opposite from what you would want to do.
    Keep 3 League, 14 team H2H, Roster: 6F, 4D, 4BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SA, SV%
    F: Matthews, Pastrnak, Hughes, Pettersson, Guentzel, Meier, Hyman, Streamer
    D: Dahlin, Carlson, Trouba, Gudas, Larsson
    G: Oettinger, Talbot, Swayman

One Year League, 10 Team H2H, Roster: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, W, F, 4D, UTIL, 5BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, SH%, PIM, HITS, BLKS W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C: McDavid, Thomas, Rossi
    LW: Guentzel, McTavish, Byfield, Huberdeau
    RW: Miller, Barzal, Zuccarello, Schmaltz, Tarasenko
    D: Josi, Seider, Trouba, Gudas, L. Hughes
    G: Oettinger, Demko
    IR: Hamilton

Dobber Sports Superstar

No, aim to win now with that type of core. Panarin is more than likely having his "red giant" pinnacle season so attempt to collect a chip now and maybe attempt to sell high in the offseason.