Thread: Raps trading Spicy P

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Raps trading Spicy P

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1747...qE2PBDsdg&s=19

Breaking: The Pacers are finalizing a trade to acquire All-Star Pascal Siakam in a deal that will send Bruce Brown, Jordan Nwora and three first-round picks to the Raptors, sources told @wojespn.

New Orleans will be a third team in deal, sending Kira Lewis to the Raptors.
    I guess he'll be doing his McDonald's swirl in Indiana for the rest of this season.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Raps trading Spicy P

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    https://twitter.com/espn/status/1747...qE2PBDsdg&s=19

I guess he'll be doing his McDonald's swirl in Indiana for the rest of this season.
    Has anyone tried the McDonald's swirl? Is it any good?

And wow... 3 first round picks included in the deal.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Has anyone tried the McDonald's swirl? Is it any good?

And wow... 3 first round picks included in the deal.
    McDs swirl - I worked at McDs in high school back in like 2006-09 and I would make Oreo/Caramel and Smartie/Fudge McFlurries all the time. If that's all it is, then it's not even new. They did a promo like 4 yrs ago where you "mix and match" sauces and toppings. Is it good? I don't like Smarties, but it was very popular option for employees who made it themselves.

And with the price tag, you think that Indiana thinks they can extend him. But the Raps told Siakam he wouldn't be getting the max extension with the Raps if he stayed. So it'll be even funnier if the Raps somehow end up signing him in the summer lol.

Solid deal, I'm fine getting rid of Siakam as he's a flawed player. But he was top 5 in the major stats categories for the Raps career. The only other player to do that is Lowry. Siakam is one of the best Raptors of all time. He scored the dagger layup to seal the Championship. Guys prolly one of the top 27th overall picks ever.

Good luck in Indiana, but I'm half glad we didn't give him a max extension. But he is one of few players in the league that would ever want to be a Raptor forever.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Didn't get say publicly he would only sign an extension with the Raptors, or he was going to try FA if he got traded?

I'm not really familiar with the players Raptors acquired but 3 1st round picks is a pretty good haul for a pending UFA.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Didn't get say publicly he would only sign an extension with the Raptors, or he was going to try FA if he got traded?

I'm not really familiar with the players Raptors acquired but 3 1st round picks is a pretty good haul for a pending UFA.
    Ya, but now it's reported he's happy to discuss an extension with Indiana. He probably was thinking he'd get a max deal from Toronto, now that he's not, he's open to seeing if someone else will offer a max.

3 1sts for an expiring deal is good. But they aren't future enough to be high picks once Indiana falls, and likely will land in the teens. One of the picks is 2026 so maybe they suck then.

I think the Siakam one is good for an expiring deal, but if they pull the trigger last yr, they likely had an offer similar in picks, but better players coming their way.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ya, but now it's reported he's happy to discuss an extension with Indiana. He probably was thinking he'd get a max deal from Toronto, now that he's not, he's open to seeing if someone else will offer a max.

3 1sts for an expiring deal is good. But they aren't future enough to be high picks once Indiana falls, and likely will land in the teens. One of the picks is 2026 so maybe they suck then.

I think the Siakam one is good for an expiring deal, but if they pull the trigger last yr, they likely had an offer similar in picks, but better players coming their way.
    I'll be shocked if they even make those picks. Trade bait more than likely.

Dobber Sports Titan

It's also a weak draft yr.

I'll say the Raps did well considering the situation. But management put themselves in the situation. Good on Indiana being a small market team making a deal like this.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It's also a weak draft yr.

I'll say the Raps did well considering the situation. But management put themselves in the situation. Good on Indiana being a small market team making a deal like this.
    Well they got three 1sts so they can't all be from the same year unless Indy had other 1sts from previous deals. I didn't see the info on the 1sts.

Dobber Sports Titan

Well they got three 1sts so they can't all be from the same year unless Indy had other 1sts from previous deals. I didn't see the info on the 1sts.
    2 2024 1st, 1 2026 1st.

Raps 2024 draft is:
    - They traded their 1st rounder to SAS for Poertl. It's top 6 protected, and right now it's 7th overall. They need to lose.
    - 1 of the 2024 picks they received is Indiana's unprotected 1st. (~23rd)
    - 1 of the 2024 picks they received is the worst of Utah/Houston/Clippers/OKC (~28th)
    - 2026 1st rounder is Indiana's (top 4 protected)

The NBA isn't very good at showing a trade. But Capfriendly opened up an NBA version called salaryswish.com that's very good (it's still raw though)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Just build the team around Scottie. Lock him up and then surround him with quality. Easier said than done but that's where the focus should be.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent