Thread: Good goalies, poor results

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Good goalies, poor results

I’ve got Igor and Talbot active, and stashed Gus while he was out.

Now that Gus is back, I have a big offer on the table to acquire Vasi and scorers, and I’d move out Talbot (and be done with him) but it’ll cost me Svech and picks.

Hard to outright drop Talbot and activate Gus, or drop Gus as well, but is one over the other a better solution than paying a big price for Vasi?

For reference the deal would be something like:
    Give: Svech, Talbot, Paches, Round 3&5
    Get: Vasi, Kreider, Stone, Round 9&10

It’s a 12 team, 14 player league and a start ONE goalie roster. Rounds 11-14 are for keepers.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Good goalies, poor results

I don’t like that deal for you, I’d rather make a decision to drop one of Talbot or Gus than trade Svech and the better picks away. You already have Shesty in a start one league.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Good goalies, poor results

Svech wasn’t and won’t be a keeper for me FWIW. If I can upgrade with two scorers and a better 1a/1b split (also NYR/TB have a great complimentary schedule the two weeks of our semis and finals).

Picks are picks, lots of flops this year from early rounds and I’ll have some offseason guys I can deal to recoup. And heck, I nabbed Reinhart at the end of Round 9 this year!

I see Svech and Stone as possible inevitable injuries, but if I can use Svech to get Kreider and Vasi …

- - - Updated - - -

And if I did drop one of Gus or Talbot … who losses that coin toss? Both teams should and can be better, but who will it be