Thread: Was it a mistake to pickup Drouin and not either one of Tippet, Farabee, Moore, Marchment, Nyquist?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Was it a mistake to pickup Drouin and not either one of Tippet, Farabee, Moore, Marchment, Nyquist?

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...-2024%3AR%3A99

Farabee and Nyquist have most points

Moore has more goals

Tippet has more shots/hits

Marchment has the best the +/-

Nyquist has the most PPP points
    Drouin is on the 1st line with Mack and PP1 time

I picked up Drouin impulsively as a replacement for Nuke as Drouin has been hot but I'm wondering if the other players are better choices looking at the data.

Scoring set up is standard redraft Yahoo league (hits + points/shots)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Was it a mistake to pickup Drouin and not either one of Tippet, Farabee, Moore, Marchment, Nyquist?

Drouin has been playing really good for a while now. Are there better options, sure. Cant you drop him, or someone else to grab one of the other available players? I dont know what the rest of your roster looks like so I cant give any suggestions to that matter.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Was it a mistake to pickup Drouin and not either one of Tippet, Farabee, Moore, Marchment, Nyquist?

Need more info, but in a vacuum I think you grabbed close to the right one. If your league has the typical playoff format, all those guys except for Drouin and Nyquist play on teams I’m avoiding based off of games played. Be happy with Drouin. He’s getting prime minutes with prime players.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Drouin has been playing really good for a while now. Are there better options, sure. Cant you drop him, or someone else to grab one of the other available players? I dont know what the rest of your roster looks like so I cant give any suggestions to that matter.

Roster:
    C:
    Horvat
    Trocheck
    LW:
    Forsberg:
    Connor
    RW:
    Reinhart
    Kucherov
    D:
    Bouchard
    Dobson
    Matheson
    Forsling
    G:
    Hellebuyck
    Vasi

BN:
    Daccord
    Drouin
    Svechnikov
    Miller

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Need more info, but in a vacuum I think you grabbed close to the right one. If you league has the typical playoff format, all those guys except for Drouin and Nyquist play on teams I’m avoiding based off of games played. Be happy with Drouin. He’s getting prime minutes with prime players.
    See above.