Thread: what is up with these kids?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default what is up with these kids?

None of these kids are impressing me so far. mind you none have hit their BT game mark yet but i expected some rogress rear over year...

which one of these truly has 65+ pt potential?

krebs
    reichel
    N. robertson
    wahlstrom

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: what is up with these kids?

Out of the four I like Reichel and Krebs for potential to hit that mark. Don't think the other two will. Not every prospect is sure-fire and pans out, development is also not linear. Prospects can be one of the toughest games in town.

Dobber Sports Deity

Out of those four, the only one I have confidence in is Reichel.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Reichel will be fine and i also think that Nick Robertson will be traded in the spring which hopefully restarts his carrier. I think there is talent there but he needs better opportunity.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Reichel will hit his mark and ride shotgun with Bedard and be a point producers.

Krebs - I think he is going to be a better real life player than fantasy.

Robertson - too much talent in front of him.... career in the back seat.

Washlstrom - NYI - where talented prospects go to become mediocre fantasy assets.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Good question.

There is a common assumption that Reichel (as one of CHI's top & most-ready F-prospects) will eventually play with Bedard.
    I'm starting to hedge no on that.

Both Bedard & Reichel are at the team's absolute bottom of the plus/minus list.
    Issue with that (for people that poo-poo +/-) is that coaches usually do NOT put two young "minus" kids together.
    You're looking at one veteran + another winger.
    And one or both have to be quite defensive-minded to let Bedard do his thing.

A note on Peyton Krebs - most of his time with BUF has been playing with Okposo & Girgensons.
    He's pretty buried in Buffalo - and I don't see him really getting opportunity.
    Important on Peyton Krebs - he is a PASSER. And he's' got excellent hockey IQ.
    Passers only show points when they get guys that can finish.

He has almost a 2:1 Assist:Goal ratio.
    He doesn't have an "NHL shot" - so the scoring is low... but the assists won't be there with guys like Okposo & Girgensons.
    I, honestly, don't mind him working on his two-way center game. I think he's going to have NHL pace down well after this year & next.
    The guy that does center Mark Stone in VGK... Chandler Stephenson... really didn't pop until his 2nd location (VGK).
    Stephenson was 25 years old when he was traded to VGK. Check his point outputting with WAS - buried behind Backstrom & Kuznetsov.
    Just 33pts in 188gp with Washington. Krebs' numbers are very similar.
    Stephenson, like Krebs, is more of a 2assists:1goal kind of player.

Krebs' stats:
    17/18: WHL Kootenay 37a, 17g (2x more A)
    18/19: WHL Kootenay 49a, 19g (2x more A)
    19/20: WHL Winnipeg 48a, 12g (4x more A)
    20/21: WHL Winnipeg 30a, 13a (2.5x more A)
    21/22: AHL Rochester 11a, 4g (3x more A)
    NHL stats: 19g, 37a

Mark Stone calls Krebs' "Smart".
    https://buffalonews.com/sports/profe...6c4c26ba2.html

For me:
    Reichel - gifted... but CHI might outplace him with this year's draft pick... and possibly Nazar... and Reichel's two-way game may not be enough for Bedard-time.
    Krebs - I think it's there... but not with BUF - so fantasy GMs needs patience & a wait on a trade.
    Nick Robertson - I like his shot... but he doesn't seem to have high IQ or passing game. Very hard to put up points on TOR with 4 guns + Knies's body (which WILL be a top 6 piece as he matures)
    Wahlstrom - I think NYI drafted him too high. Wahlstrom is case of a player being weaker of a dynamic top liners. (It makes me wonder who is stirring the pot with Gabe Perreault-Will Smith-Ryan Leonard line for BC. That sort of thing). Wahlstrom's stats and game was great compliment on 2017-18 USNTDP. His shot is OK... all other parts are NHL-meh. Jimmy Snuggerud is another sort of guy of this mesh. Big stats playing with Cooley-Knies last year... but will he be for real.

Anyways - Reichel is still top guy.
    I own Krebs in another league... I'd move him for Reichel.
    I don't think I'd move Krebs for Nick Robertson.
    And that's a good way for me to rank these guys.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Krebs has been given a "role". Dig the corners and muck it up when you can. His opportunities for points are limited. Like somebody said, better real-life guy than fantasy.

Reichel to me has the higher upside but won't hit 65 for a while. Maybe just sniffs it.

Robertson, wish he was Jason which he isn't so no.

Wahlstrom (at least for now) is on the wrong team for that number.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Apprentice

thanks for that insight. very cool.
    Now that buff dealt mittelstadt...does Krebs become 2C or does it go to Cozens...either way is Krebs top 6 in Buf next year? legit 60pts?

Dobber Sports Icon

Krebs is still stuck behind Thompson and Cozens. He's also not going to put up any numbers as long as Granato is running the bench. For whatever reason, Granato does not like Krebs' offensive ability. I was watching the Buffalo game last week and thought Krebs was their best forward in the first two periods. Then he didn't play at all in the third. Made no sense to me at all.

I would still rank them:
    Reichel
    Krebs
    Robertson
    Wahlstrom

The Great One

The stage has been set for Krebs to step up. Let's see if he does. Wahlstrom keeps getting chances every year and never pans out. I've downgraded him from intriguing to unlikely to be impactful. I am not ready to give up on Robertson, as he's just 22 and his IPPs have been fantastic, suggesting he has a nose for scoring. Be patient with him. Reichel does have home run potential, and he too has had solid IPPs. There is still realistic hope for Reichel to be good to very good.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/