Thread: Rebuild help

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Rebuild help

I am in a 16 team league and unfortunately got some early 30s players that are underperforming. My entire league is afraid of acquiring even the ones that are doing very well.

The two I'm actively shopping are Blake Coleman and Steven Stamkos. Coleman is on a tear while Stamkos is just being Stamkos. If you were in a 16 team league, what return would you be requiring?

My view is that I'd rather have Stamkos and my worst performer than 2 45-60 players. As for Coleman, I'm looking for a B list prospect for a team that wants a push; everyone is balking and thinking his run will end.

Thoughts? Team below.
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Rebuild help

With older players it often depends on the league set up. I would say more players you keep, less valuable old guys are. In Dynasty league Stamkos wont fetch more than A- prospect or 1st rounder outside of lottery pick. ITs not right but its reality and in that case you are better off to just keep the player.

If you in limited keep 5 league lets say, Stammer most likely is not a keeper but guy you acquire for him is not a keeper either so people are more likely to invest.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks for the reply. Its a full keeper dynasty.

34 active players with 6 player prospect pool. My viewpoint is that players like Stamkos (who will be around for at least 4 more years) are pretty valuable in a league this big.

16 team Banger league

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN

GOALIES

Injured

PROSPECT POOL

Dobber Sports Pro

Bump.

Would you trade Stamkos for Cutter Gauthier if you are towards the bottom of the league?

16 team Banger league

FWDS

DMEN

GOALIES

Injured

PROSPECT POOL

Dobber Sports Superstar

The right answer is dependent on the nature of the league and only you truly have the proper feel for that. However, if your league is like many, in fact most, any player over 30 years old is done like toast and worth very little to nothing. An exaggeration perhaps, but then again, not far from the truth from my experience. That said, name factor can very often increase a player's value. In your case Blake Coleman is, well, Blake Coleman. Stamkos is a future HoFamer, and if you are going to get any kind of decent return he is the one you need to move, I highly doubt Blake is gonna get it done. To answer your last question, yes, I would move Stamkos for Gauthier. I would likely start by asking for more, but at the end of the day I'd likely accept the 1 for 1. As a last point, Stamkos, now 34 years old is also at the end of his current contract. This raises some big question marks IMO. Where does he play next year, what will his role be? You don't include this info in your sig, but if you are in a CAP league Stamko's next contract is a big deal. Well, you can make all that potential ass pain go away if you trade him for Gauthier (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Bump.

Would you trade Stamkos for Cutter Gauthier if you are towards the bottom of the league?
    No.

You would be selling short on Stamkos. Cutter is good prospect, but hasn't even touched NHL ice.
    Stamkos previous 2 season were over the Pts per G mark, before that 1 season of 0.89 Pts per G and the 4 previous seasons over the Pts per G mark.
    He is currently 0.86 Pts per G

Heck he has 28 PPP with 12 PPG, avg over 3 SOG, almost a hit a game

Personally you need more than Cutter Gauthier for Stamkos.
    If you are going to move Stamkos or Coleman, search the GM's from 2nd to 5th. Compare what they currently produce vs what they need, then double check your own guys and see who helps them best in their weakest category or 2.
    At worse he's a mid 70 pt player for next 2-3 seasons.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Pro

Intriguing. Two opposing viewpoints. I do still believe, in a banger league, that Stamkos has decent value. On the flipside, I think Gauthier (painfully admitting this as a Flyers fan) will be a great Banger prospect to own. Owner is balking at Stamkos and 3rd rounder for Gauthier and 1st.

I can probably squeeze a 2nd rounder out of the owner. Same owner wants Coleman for Bobby Brink, who is a terrible banger cat player.

EDIT: Another team out of the blue offered me the following trade that I accepted.

Stamkos for Joel Farabee, Brendan Othmann, and 2nd rounder

16 team Banger league

FWDS

DMEN

GOALIES

Injured

PROSPECT POOL