Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Huge dynasty offer - will rep (big trade!)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Huge dynasty offer - will rep (big trade!)

I do think the deal is lopsided (as in I'd take it in a heartbeat), but I can absolutely relate to everything you're saying.

But in almost every case I can't stand vetos. It's a sophisticated way of whining to me - often used by managers who are pretty passive otherwise.
    I think I'm a pretty similar type of GM as you are when it comes to trading; I play with the aim of winning. This inadvertedly seems to get you the odd "you're ruining the league with your trades / by getting too dominant / you're a predator, etc." every now and then. I think it can't be helped.

So if you revert a trade, it's really generous, but it also encourages envious GMs to complain even more often and bully active GMs into passiveness imo.

You've legitimately worked out something with another GM that others failed to do. Keep the return and rather look into replacing GMs who seem to be out of their depths and get screwed by almost everyone again and again or who only make waves by complaining.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Appreciate all the advance here! Getting round to rep.

I ended up finding a good replacement for myself and dropping out of the league and felt a very big breath of fresh air from doing it.

5 years running 2 leagues definitely was taking its toll especially with the toxicity in that one.

#freejj

Really do appreciate all the advice, I left the new owner with some shiny new toys to play with and not having to pay for the first season! I did all the hard work spending 5-years on the rebuild for him
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Titan

Any league that has vetoes in it is generally a league that will fold. There's no way a healthy league should have other GMs influencing your teams roster.

9 times out of 10, GMs who veto are just upset they didn't get the trade done.

Never be in a league with vetoes. Good job leaving.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Any league that has vetoes in it is generally a league that will fold. There's no way a healthy league should have other GMs influencing your teams roster.

9 times out of 10, GMs who veto are just upset they didn't get the trade done.

Never be in a league with vetoes. Good job leaving.
    What makes it even crazier is that the league rules literally state "no vetoes unless obvious collusion" which this clearly wasn't, yet people were still calling for it.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Novice

The league has no vetos. There was one veto from the commish 1st year I believe. League has been around since 2019 and has had zero.
    16 team Dynasty, Weekly, Fantrax

G(5), A(2.5), SOG(0.5), PPP(1.5), SHP(2), HIT(0.6), BLK(0.6), FOW(0.1)
    W(4), L(-2), GA(-3), SV(0.5), SHO(5), A(3)
    3 Center, 3 RW, 3 LW, 1 F, 6 D, 2 G, 6 Bench

Skaters
    C: Zibanejad, Hischier, R. Strome, J Staal, Duchene, Pageau,
    Laughton
    LW: Connor, Forsberg, Fiala, J Robertson, Blais
    RW: Bjorkstrand, Tuch, Dube
    D: Hamilton, Theodore, Pulock, Ferraro, Hamonic, Hagg
    G: Bishop, Price, Francouz, Petersen

Minors
    C: Lavoie, Iskhakov, Protas, M.E. Pettersen
    LW: N.Robertson, Tracey, Greig
    RW: Holtz, Dube, Lind, Reichel