Thread: Keep or Sell Ingram?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keep or Sell Ingram?

So after my post a few days ago about what to do with my team, combined with a few more rejections and 0 offers for goaltending, I blew it up. Partly due to impatience and frustration but also because I know the good GMs will struggle next season after trading their picks away. I traded away Matthews, JT Miller, Bouchard, and Keller, pulling in two 1st, a 5th, and a 10th round pick for next season. I can look to trade Connor and Tage closer to our deadline in March.

Currently I'm looking to keep Dobson (9th round pick) with next season's 6th (pick range of 71-84) and Norris (17th round pick) with next season's 14th (pick range 183-196). Now, we don't HAVE to keep anyone, but I like those 2 players as options. That leaves me with 1 keeper slot left and it's between Werenski and Ingram. Werenski was drafted in the 13th round and Ingram is a FA which equals a 10th round pick (pick range 127-140) next season.

What does everyone make of Ingram next season, as hard as it is to predict the future? I know at least 1 competing GM is in the market for a goalie but I'm also wondering if I should hold on to him as a keeper to give myself a solid goalie option and flexibility in the draft next season. Or, because his value is fairly high right now, do I shop him and try to pull in another top 10 round pick and just keep Werenski? The ONLY goalies I see being kept due to when they were drafted and their performance is Demko and maybe Talbot so nearly every goalie will be in the draft.

First time doing a keeper so I'm unsure of when/if to pull the trigger on potential keeper players. Thanks!
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Keep or Sell Ingram?

Generally speaking, it's not a bad strategy in keeper leagues to trade goalies playing unbelievably for solid skating help. At the end of the day, Ingram is on the Coyotes. Every year, you can look at the list of the best performing goalies and then look where they stood the next year. Demko was terrible last year, and now great. Sorokin was elite last year and this year not great. I'd rather have the safety of a good keeper skater than hope that the voodoo will always swing my way.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Generally speaking, it's not a bad strategy in keeper leagues to trade goalies playing unbelievably for solid skating help. At the end of the day, Ingram is on the Coyotes. Every year, you can look at the list of the best performing goalies and then look where they stood the next year. Demko was terrible last year, and now great. Sorokin was elite last year and this year not great. I'd rather have the safety of a good keeper skater than hope that the voodoo will always swing my way.
    Good point. I freaking hate goalies because of how unpredictable they are. For that reason I suppose trading him for whatever I can get and making Werenski my 3rd keeper is the safer option. I can worry about goalies next draft.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheMule_91 View Post
    Good point. I freaking hate goalies because of how unpredictable they are. For that reason I suppose trading him for whatever I can get and making Werenski my 3rd keeper is the safer option. I can worry about goalies next draft.
    I hate it too, but if you've blown it up, the foundation upon which you build is skaters and hope that you catch the next Ingram the next time.