Thread: Center Options

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Center Options

In looking at my roster, I'm getting frustrated with Zacha and Lindholm as my 2nd and 3rd starting centers. I'm in first place so it's not a huge problem at the moment, but should I consider replacing one of them with any of the following?

Gustav Nyquist
    Charlie Coyle
    Tomas Hertl (not sure I can stomach the +/-)

I probably waited too long seeing some good ones get plucked from waivers, so may be best to stand pat?
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Center Options

first of all im not exactly sure why you are frustrated with Zacha, he has been producing beyond expectations i think. If you drafted him as 70+ player than that was your mistake not Zacha's. He is at worst as good as could be expected.

Lindholm is underachieving but still useful in leagues that count FoW and i think he will bounce back second half either on CGY or elsewhere.

Only player of the 3 you looking at that is remotely as valuable as the two you have is Hertl. +- is bit of a concern but he still produces. Hertl's floor is most likely Zacha's ceiling for next few years minus the +-. So this maybe decent move but i would not be dropping Lindholm.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Newbie

Does your league count faceoffs?

Anyway, I wouldn't drop E.Lindholm before the trade deadline, perhaps he'll be moved to a contender with better linemates.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Update on this thread - I have now lost Zegras, so I'm actually needing to replace him instead of one of the other two.

To answer the above questions, no we don't count faceoff wins. Just Points, Goals, Assists, PIMs and +/- (last two worth half the category points of G/A/P).

I like Hertl too, but that +/- is gawdawful. Still worth grabbing him above Coyle/Nyquist? There's also Dylan Strome, Evan Rodrigues and Wyatt Johnston available.
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Or Leo Carlsson actually, if he can stay in the lineup when he is back. He would be a bonus for me since we also have a rookie slot in starting lineups, so he would be both a backup C or a backup rookie (or start in place of Knies).