Thread: What virus scanner do you use?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default What virus scanner do you use?

Hey all,

I just got a new laptop and looking for a solid anti virus. Bonus pts if its free. I used Norton on my old laptop and it was fine, but just seeing options.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: What virus scanner do you use?

Malwarebytes. Seems good to me.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Malwarebytes. Seems good to me.
    Thanks Senryu, Ill check it out. Can't give you rep until i spread it around I guess.

Dobber Sports Stud

I use Apple products and the only virus scanner I use is Malwarebytes.

Malwarebytes is free if you run your own checks which I do every time I go on the computer. The other option is a paid version that you can schedule automatic checks but I find the free version is all I need.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Star

About 5 years ago I moved from Kaspersky to Bitdefender. I have no problem paying 40 dollars for a 3 year subscription.

You will hear lots of people say that you don't need any virus protection, but just to be careful with the sites you go to and the attachments you open. While that is true, I have no problem admitting that I sometimes go to sites which may be a little on the questionable side, and I like that extra protection. For me, there is also a mental thing attached to it, in that, even if I don't need it, I do feel more comfortable having it. The peace of mind is worth it to me. I know that, if you do become infected, you can always reformat your system, which is true. However, identity theft and credit card information being compromised is a pretty serious thing nowadays. Frankly, the stakes are higher today and I would rather be safe than sorry.

At the end of the day you need to ask yourself, how many risks do you take online, and how much protection are you looking for. You for sure can get away with no protection, or free virus protection if you wish. The difference between NO Protection and FREE Protection, is huge. Also, the difference between FREE Protection and PAID Protection, is equally huge. For me, the 40 dollars I spend every 3 years is well worth it. It's better to have it and not need it, than it is to need it and not have it.

Good luck!

Rylant