Thread: Sergachev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Sergachev

Hi everyone,

I have interest from a few teams in Woll. I'm weak on D due to Werenski and Theodore being out (again) and I can't rely on them playing a full 82. To put it in perspective, two of the D I'm playing are Faber and B Clarke! Should I move Buchnevich plus Woll for Sergachev? Or is that too much? Sergachev would be a keeper for me and I'm hoping he gets closer to last year's performance rather than this season's. I like Buchnevich but he hasn't played a full 82 in his career, and I think St Louis is a middling team. Other teams have expressed interest but no other offers yet.

REP where i can!
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Sergachev

I'm interested in the answers this thread will get, I'm also targeting Sergachev but in a cap league and I'm curious if others think he'll return to last year form. My guess would be that Sergachev is a real buy low right now, but this also hinges on Hedman finally relinquishing his PP1 spot
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Star

I would trade Buchnevich and Woll for Sergachev in a heartbeat. I'm not willing to wager that Woll is the answer and Buchnevich's points are nice but he doesn't contribute much elsewhere.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    I'm interested in the answers this thread will get, I'm also targeting Sergachev but in a cap league and I'm curious if others think he'll return to last year form. My guess would be that Sergachev is a real buy low right now, but this also hinges on Hedman finally relinquishing his PP1 spot
    I think both parts of the this statement are true. Sergachev's spike last year was directly attributable to the increased role he had due to Hedman's availability or lack thereof. It's not that it's a complete aberration, but it's just very, very unlikely to be repeated unless/until Sergachev moves past Hedman ... and I don't think that's happening very soon.

So in short, Sergachev is a good target in keeper/dynasty settings. He's not the guy he has been for much of this season when healthy. Problem is, he isn't really the guy he was last season either without some things not in his control breaking his way. So finding a value that's attractive to you but acceptable to the current owner could be more difficult than it sounds.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Icon

Sergachev down and it’s bad. Looks like broken ankle (fibula) to me. Feel for the guy.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Sergachev down and it’s bad. Looks like broken ankle (fibula) to me. Feel for the guy.
    Damn. After such a career year, high expectations this year. Hope he is ok and comes back next year healthy and ready to go.