Thread: Traded for JT Miller how’d I do?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Traded for JT Miller how’d I do?

Team in signature. It’s only a keep four league (McDavid, Mackinnon, Q. Hughes and Jason Robertson likely)

Sent Logan Thompson, Elias Lindholm, Carter Verhague and a 12th rounder for JT Miller and an 8th rounder next year.

If voting passes, (hate that we vote)

I’ll have two open roster spots:

leaning Kyrou, Raymond, Nurse, Woll, Rust, Byfield, Zegras, Tarasanko, Harley etc.

Thoughts?
    10 Team Keep 4 (6F, 4D, 2G, 5 BENCH) Points League (G,A,+/-, PPG, SH, DG,DA Boost, W,OTL, S, GA

F: (6) McDavid, Mackinnon, Robertson, Nugent-Hopkins, Aho, JT Miller, Barzal, Eriksson EK
    D: (4) Q. Hughes, Bouchard, Heiskanen, Dobson, McAvoy
    G: (2) Jarry, Skinner, Daacord, Errson, Woll (IR)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Traded for JT Miller how’d I do?

This is an interesting trade.
    In a vacuum I think you did very well to make a 3-for-1 with a bit of a pick upgrade.

Lindholm is boderline waiver wire in a 10-team x 18 player league, no loss there
    Verhague is better than waiver wire but not a huge loss.
    I like Logan Thompson but he has not played great and will continue to battle for starts with Hill, you did create a bit of a hole in net but worth it to get Miller. What is on the waiver wire for goalies ? 10 team league their should be options.

The problem you face is that you have 5 very good keepers and Aho is right on the top-40 cusp.
    I would be looking to try and throw Robertson, Miller and Aho at the owners of Draisitl or Matthews, maybe Kucherov to really solidify an unbeatable top-4.

As far as pickups: Woll short term would be a good add.
    Then Rust or Tarasenko for me.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    In a vacuum I think you did very well to make a 3-for-1 with a bit of a pick upgrade.

Lindholm is boderline waiver wire in a 10-team x 18 player league, no loss there
    I like Logan Thompson but he has not played great and will continue to battle for starts with Hill, you did create a bit of a hole in net but worth it to get Miller. What is on the waiver wire for goalies ? 10 team league their should be options.

The problem you face is that you have 5 very good keepers and Aho is right on the top-40 cusp.
    I would be looking to try and throw Robertson, Miller and Aho at the owners of Draisitl or Matthews, maybe Kucherov to really solidify an unbeatable top-4.

Thanks for the idea! I like that idea trying to go after another younger stud with Robertson and Aho. Seems like Robertson is having an off year. Aho has been lighting it up with assists too. I’ll try for Matthews. Any other forwards you’d consider trading Robertson/Aho and possibly Miller for? I don’t think the Draistial owner will give me him to have with McDavid.

edit to add I do kind of like having Miller with Hughes and Robertson with Miro Heiskanin rest of season but Matthew’s is Matthew’s.
    10 Team Keep 4 (6F, 4D, 2G, 5 BENCH) Points League (G,A,+/-, PPG, SH, DG,DA Boost, W,OTL, S, GA

F: (6) McDavid, Mackinnon, Robertson, Nugent-Hopkins, Aho, JT Miller, Barzal, Eriksson EK

Dobber Sports Jedi

^ This depends on where you are in the standings.
    If you are competing for the title this type of trade likely sets you back, possibly remove you from serious contention.

In a keep 4, while one goal is to acquire the highest end 4 players you can.
    The other goal makes this difficult because the price could be - losing out on a title.

This isn't Pokemon where you play to collect them all

You play to win.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

How is your scoring setup: Categories (1 win per most G/A/ etc. per week) or Fantasy Points (G=3p, A=2 etc.)
    I'm having a realllly hard time valuing players in your scoring format.

Also what is DG (defensive goals) and "DA Boost" is throwing me off....

McDavid and MacKinnon are perennial top-4 skaters.
    Hughes may be the most valuable player in the league depending on how the scoring works. You have 3 of the best 5-7 skaters in the entire league.

Miller is still like a top-10 skater and guys ahead of him is pretty short. with PPG, Draisaitl is way up there, possibly ahead of Matthews.
    guys clearly ahead of Miller:
    Kucherov
    Matthews
    Drai

slightly ahead:
    Rantanen - maybe
    Makar - probably given D bonus'

But that is about it
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Novice

How is your scoring setup: Categories (1 win per most G/A/ etc. per week) or Fantasy Points (G=3p, A=2 etc.)
    I'm having a realllly hard time valuing players in your scoring format.

Also what is DG (defensive goals) and "DA Boost" is throwing me off....

McDavid and MacKinnon are perennial top-4 skaters.
    Hughes may be the most valuable player in the league depending on how the scoring works. You have 3 of the best 5-7 skaters in the entire league.

Miller is still like a top-10 skater and guys ahead of him is pretty short. with PPG, Draisaitl is way up there, possibly ahead of Matthews.
    guys clearly ahead of Miller:
    Kucherov
    Matthews
    Drai

slightly ahead:
    Rantanen - maybe
    Makar - probably given D bonus'

But that is about it
    You’re dead on with evaluations, it’s a points league that locks every Monday lineups get set.
    Goals are 3, assists 2, +\-, extra point for PPG
    D goals are 5, assists 3 and then same as above.

Hughes leads league with 185 points
    then:

Makar 162
    Kuch 162
    Mackinnon 155
    Reinhardt 145
    MILLER 138
    DOBSON 137
    Pasta 136
    MCDAVID 133
    Panarin 133
    BOUCHARD 132

Then guys like Nylander, Matthew’s, Morrissey, and maybe five more until AHO.

appreciate the advice. It’s a ten team league. Makar likely won’t be traded either. Maybe in March at deadline.

I think Robertson/Aho for Matthew’s is a good starting point. This is a fun team currently. I’ve taken the weekly first place highest scoring team 8 of past 9 weeks.

Dobber Sports Novice

Well the Matthews owner turned down me sending Robertson, Aho and Miller.
    looks like I’m locked into keeping: McDavid, Mackinnon, Q. Hughes and Robertson and letting Miller, Aho, Dobson, Bouchard go back into the draft.

I’ve been rolling highest scoring team last 12 weeks. Each week. Would you just ride it out or try to upgrade my 4th keeper and who?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Can I steal this thread because Axe and I just made a blockbuster!

G, A, PPP, SOG, FW, Hit, Blks

JT Miller and a late pick
    for
    Caufield, Zegras, 1st round pick in a Keep 11 (6 F, 4 D, 1 G)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by gottabesweet View Post
    Well the Matthews owner turned down me sending Robertson, Aho and Miller.
    looks like I’m locked into keeping: McDavid, Mackinnon, Q. Hughes and Robertson and letting Miller, Aho, Dobson, Bouchard go back into the draft.

I’ve been rolling highest scoring team last 12 weeks. Each week. Would you just ride it out or try to upgrade my 4th keeper and who?
    I think I would keep either Dobson or Bouchard over Robertson. With DG/DA boost.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post

for
    It depends on who the Miller side replacement keeper for Caufield is. I like getting the best player available and that's clearly Miller by a good margin.

Dobber Sports All-Star

for
    In both deals I love the Miller side. It’s not like he’s old or anything so on that Canucks team he should continue to be successful. I think Tocchet is a big fan of the way JT plays.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    It depends on who the Miller side replacement keeper for Caufield is. I like getting the best player available and that's clearly Miller by a good margin.
    Last year I kept Caufield and Zegras. I drafted Reinhart this year so now would be keeping Reinhart and JT.

Dobber Sports Genius

Last year I kept Caufield and Zegras. I drafted Reinhart this year so now would be keeping Reinhart and JT.
    Oh yah this is a good trade for you. I think Zegras can and probably will bounce back but he's looking more like a lottery ticket then a sure thing. Caufield is good but I see him a 40/30 guy. Miller leagues above these spare parts.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Miller is the best player in this deal. Giving up Thompson, Lindholm and Verhaeghe was worth it. Verhaeghe is the only keeper worthy player of that bunch
    12 team roto points CBS roster
    Categories: G, A, SOG, STPTS, PIM, HT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%
    Start 6 FW, 4 DEF, 2GT, 4 Bench, 2 IR
    FW: Brady Tkachuk, Filip Forsberg, Brock Boeser, Vincent Trocheck, Alex DeBrincat, Adrian Kempe, Matt Boldy, Wyatt Johnston
    DEF: Cale Makar, Brandon Montour, Jacob Trouba, Mackenzie Weegar
    GT: Jakob Markstrom, Filip Gustavsson, Alex Lyon
    I