Thread: Need to trade for a D-man.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Need to trade for a D-man.

Sorry for the lengthy post in advance.

It's been a few years since I have posted on here, but this was always my number one resource with Fantasy and still visit to get the guide and some guidance. I've been in a keeper league for a bit and starting to feel like although I've maintained the team well and made the playoffs each season with a win and top 4 placing each season, I feel the team is strong, but not sure it's strong enough to win this year without some moves. My defense is weaker than I would like and I've identified a team that is very strong in that position, but I just don't know who is worth giving up to juice up the defense. The reason I am focused on that position is the amount of active spots and scoring seems to be favorable for it. I was fortunate to land Dahlin last year in the 1st round as last pick, so I have him for another 3 seasons after this one. I haven't been a fan of Gaudreau's play since he signed on with the Jackets, but he is hard to move and I feel I'd be selling low at this point. At least I've seen little excitement from other managers when I offer him in a trade. Should I offer up someone else? Below is the league info and at the end I posted a team that is stacked in D, but I just can't come up with a good offer. The only player I would probably avoid making an offer on is Makar, as he is likely on his 2nd to last or last season until he must be cut. Plus he would probably command quite a bit.

Just to give a background. This is a H2H keeper league with a max of 5 years per keeper. We can keep 6 Forwards, 3 Defense, 1 Goalie each season. League is in its 6th year, so no one really in danger of having to be cut next season due to the restriction, as all the major players from 5 years ago have just been redrafted. I recently completed a trade where I gave up Robert Thomas, Lafreniere, and Necas for Matthews and E.Kane. League is not a snake draft and I was 2nd last year, so it was a bit more challenging this year since I had to cut a lot of keepers and redraft every round at 9/10.

At any time you can start 3 Centers, 6 W, 6 defensemen, and 2 Goalies.

League scoring:

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Category Value
    Goals (G) 3
    Assists (A) 2
    Plus/Minus (+/-) 1
    Powerplay Points (PPP) 1
    Shorthanded Points (SHP) 1
    Game-Winning Goals (GWG) 1
    Shots on Goal (SOG) 0.2
    Faceoffs Won (FW) 0.1
    Faceoffs Lost (FL) -0.1
    Hits (HIT) 0.2
    Blocks (BLK) 0.5

Goaltenders Stat Category Value
    Wins (W) 2
    Goals Against (GA) -1
    Saves (SV) 0.2
    Shutouts (SHO) 3

Currently sitting in 4th out of 12 teams.

Forwards

Auston Matthews TOR - C
    Brock Nelson NYI - C
    Ryan McLeod EDM - C
    Carter Verhaeghe FLA - C,W
    Yegor Sharangovich CGY - C,W
    Kevin Fiala LA - W
    Patrick Kane DET - W
    Drake Batherson OTT - W
    Clayton Keller ARI - W
    Johnny Gaudreau CBJ - W
    Nikita Kucherov TB - W
    Evander Kane EDM - W
    Tom Wilson WSH - W
    Eeli Tolvanen SEA - W
    JJ Peterka BUF - W

Defense

Rasmus Dahlin BUF - D
    Darnell Nurse EDM - D
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson FLA - D
    Kris Letang PIT - D
    Thomas Harley DAL - D
    Torey Krug STL - D
    John Carlson WSH - D

Goalies

Thatcher Demko VAN - G
    Scott Wedgewood DAL - G
    Vitek Vanecek NJ - G

IR Adin Hill VGK - G
    IR+ Dougie Hamilton NJ - D

Thinking about trying to come up with a deal with another manager, but would have to excite him with it. I tried offering him Gaudreau for Seider, but that got turned down. I made an offer on Dunn for the same, but have a feeling he turns that down as well. He can only keep 3 D-men, so thinking it could be a benefit for both of us for the right deal.

Sean Couturier PHI - C
    Marco Rossi MIN - C
    Connor Zary CGY - C
    Jack Eichel VGK - C
    Gabriel Vilardi WPG - C,W
    Mikael Granlund SJ - C,W
    Mason Marchment DAL - W
    Mason McTavish ANA - C,W
    Evan Rodrigues FLA - C,W
    William Nylander TOR - W
    Timo Meier NJ - W
    Dylan Larkin DET - C
    Elias Pettersson VAN - C
    Juraj Slafkovsky MTL - W
    Brady Tkachuk OTT - C,W 
    Erik Gustafsson NYR - D
    Cale Makar COL - D
    Travis Sanheim PHI - D
    Pavel Mintyukov ANA - D
    Jared Spurgeon MIN - D
    Vince Dunn SEA - D
    Moritz Seider DET - D
    Quinn Hughes VAN - D

G
    Tristan Jarry PIT - G
    Pyotr Kochetkov CAR - G

Kyle Connor WPG - W IR+
    Shea Theodore VGK - D IR-LT
    Filip Gustavsson MIN - G IR

Would love to turn one of my forwards into a Defensemen worth plugging in each week instead of losing man games to the bench. The FA is very weak due to a deep bench. Any helpful advice would be appreciated!

Happy New Year,
    Mike

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Need to trade for a D-man.

Dunn is one of the best defenders you can own, you'll overpay to acquire if they're knowledgeable. Keller is a more respectable offer.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Re: Need to trade for a D-man.

Another Manager just offered me Montour for Gaudreau. Thoughts on that maybe instead? Will Montour turn it around? He hasn't scored much since coming back.