Thread: Norris/Beniers or Oettinger

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Norris/Beniers or Oettinger

Dynasty league, 14 team 30 man rosters. Team in signature. Players are G,A,hits,pims,blks,FOWs; goalies are typical goalie cats (saves, GA).

My goalies are hurting bad with hart being a decent option but Levi is taking over so UPL hasn’t been what I hoped. I feel I have a lot of forward power so is it worth moving pieces for a top 6-8 goalie at 25 years old? Goalies in our league are .15 points per save with a -.75 goals against. Usually they produce more than players and it would be nice to shore up another goalie with Hart. Or does Norris and Beniers potential outweighs the need for a goalie. It’s a total week points league, not separate categories to win.

Thanks for the opinions!
    14 team--Dynasty Team

Forwards: Sillinger, Knies ,Burakovsky, Bratt, Laine, Hintz, Draisaitl, Mackinnon, Dach, Tuch, Thompson, McCann, Norris, Jarvis, Evangelista, Beniers, Batherson,
    Defense: Dobson, Perunovich, Chychrun, Durzi, Harley, Lauzon
    Goalies: Hart, Campbell, Francouz, UP Luukkonen, Ersson

Prospects: Cossa, Edvinsson, Hutson, Robertson

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Norris/Beniers or Oettinger

Oettinger for me. The list of young goalies with some pedigree and good history of performance is small, and Oettinger is on it. Given the state of your goalies, it would be nice to have a reasonably solid horse in the stable.

Dobber Sports Genius

I don’t quite have my head wrapped around your scoring system, but if goalies are scarce and valuable, then yes trade for Oettinger. As good as Norris/Berniers are they are replaceable in a way that a solid young goalie is not.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ya it’s a weird format.. idk why but I just joined the league to fill a spot. It’s small points, 1 for a goal and assist. And blocks hits pims fows (fols -.1) are all .1, very deep league so needed to make bottom guys half valuable somehow. Good starters are tough to come by, a goalie starting a game starts -.75 then comes back from it so finding a stud you don’t usually let go cuz they’ll outscore players almost every night

Dobber Sports Grand Master

With that scoring, I'd probably do the deal. Normally I'd prefer not to do that, but it makes sense for your situation in that format.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I would also prefer the Oettinger side. It's a steep price but it's harder to find a goalie like Oettinger.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

I like that trade for you, I see it as a fair trade and not an overpayment at all. Helps your squad.