Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Edition - Dobber WJC Pool

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default 2024 Edition - Dobber WJC Pool

LINK TO THIS YEAR'S TRACKING SHEET - ENTRY SHEET IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS MESSAGE.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Deadline is before the first game of the tournament starts

HALL OF FAME:2007/08: miked (out of 9 entries)
    2008/09: ultrawhiteness (out of 28 entries)
    2009/10: watchingthegame (out of 28 entries)
    2010/11: metaldude26 (out of 20 entries)
    2011/12: vandalay (out of 29 entries)
    2012/13: dodospice (out of 49 entries)
    2013/14: CaptainCally (out of 21 entries)
    2014/15: watchingthegame (out of 34 entries - two time champ)
    2015/16: Crazy Joe Davola (out of 37 entries)
    2016/17: vandalay (out of 34 entries) - 2 time champ)
    2017/18: markyj (out of 31 entries)
    2018/19: axeman33 (out of 38 entries)
    2019/20: crimsonyann (out of 44 entries)
    2020/21: PenguinHunter (out of 42 entries)
    2021/22: Tournament Cancelled - no competition held for the summer tourney
    2022/23: Forsbergfan (out of 25 entries)
    2023/24: TBD
    Credit to user 'reeveta' who started the pool and was running this for the first 9 years.
    And credit to use 'Nights' who helped from 2010-2016 and then took over completely in 2017.

Changes to the rules copy-paste are in bold.
    Same format as last year.

SCORING:
    Points only for skaters
    Goalies Wins = 2, OTL = 1, SO = +2
    The only points that count are those in games that lead to a medal (round robin and playoffs). This does include the bronze medal game. Relegation round or 5th-6th seeding games are NOT included.

In case of a tie in points, the winner will be decided via shootout - which is to say, the highest amount of goals. Most points in the gold-medal game may be used as the second tie-breaker if necessary.

ROSTER
    12 forwards, 6 d-men, 2 goalies + 2 captains (total 22 players)
    Only 5 players from any one nation (including all positions and captain) so you can?t load up on one or two nations.
    Captains are in to try and drive some variety. I used the forums' collective judgement in figuring out who some of the top picks will be. Does a good job to help diversify picks across different teams. It's always tough.

Captain options for this year's pool are:

Captain - F Captain - D
    Matthew Savoie Denton Mateychuk
    Jonathan Lekkerimäki Axel Sandin Pellikka
    Will Smith Lane Hutson
    Cutter Gauthier
    Jiri Kulich

PRIZE
    Respect and bragging rights.

HOW TO ENTER
    In the attached .zip file in which I have put a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. From here you can use the pull-down menus to pick you team. The spreadsheet counts the number of players from each nation. Once you have selected your 22 players save the excel file with your username and email it to me. My email is [email protected]

Please put '2023 World Junior Pool' in the title so it will be easy to spot in case your email gets caught as spam.

You can also use the link provided at the bottom to the Google Sheets version of the file. You can make your changes, download the file as an Excel and send that over instead.

If you don't have Microsoft Excel your other option is to email me with the names (first name and last name) of you entry in a list. The names must be spelled exactly as found on the roster from the IIHF website (insert website). This makes it possible for me to cut and paste into excel. Be sure to count the number of players you have from each nation.
    If you don't have email and want to PM me please also make sure the full name is spelled correctly. Names I don't understand may be mistaken for depth players on Team Denmark (Who haven't qualified this year!).

The deadline is before the drop of the puck for the first game

CHANGES
    Every year a few people wanted to change their entries after they made them but before the deadline. This is not a big deal but it is something I would like to minimize because it opens it up for me to make a mistake. The best plan is to wait until closer to the start of the tournament to make your entry. However, if you want to change it I will accept it up until the deadline.

NOTES AND DISCLAIMER
    I have done the best I can to get the up-to-date rosters but these rosters are pre-cuts for some teams and there may be errors. I take no responsibility for you picking players that don't play, or great players not being listed, although I will try to update when possible.

If player is not on the pull down list but should be, add him in the 'write in' section. There shouldn't be many but if there are I am sorry. Every year a few people put a write-in candidate that is one of the captain choices. Be sure to look there first.

SPREAD THE WORD
    Please feel free to spread the word around the forums about this free challenge.
    Here's the google sheets version - save a copy (*either make a copy on Google Drive, or Download it as a separate file type locally), complete it, then e-mail it to me (preferably as an .xlsx).
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...f=true&sd=true

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY STARTED YOUR ENTRY PLEASE MAKE SURE THE LATVIA PLAYERS ARE AVAILABLE.

IF NOT PLEASE click the link above and make sure your copy and save that file.

New email - [email protected]

Good luck!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: 2024 Edition - Dobber WJC Pool

Lets go! Thanks for keeping the tradition alive PH

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm finding it harder than usual to fill out the roster this year. I went country by country at forward and I still have five guys I wanted to take and don't have room for.
    Part of the story of this year's tournament is the parity. USA are the favorites, but then many teams fairly close, Sweden being the best of them, but Canada, Finland, czech and even Slovakia are also in the mix for a medal. I might spread the wealth around this year more than usual, take more of a mix from different countries instead of 5 from only the best teams.
    Getting top spot in the groups is especially key this year. The top three teams in each pool can each win their quarterfinal matchup, so getting the top seed is the best way to guarantee a semifinal spot.
    I'm thinking USA dominates until they run into the hometown swedes in the finals and the swedes upset the Americans.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

A question, and a suggestion for next year, or maybe you can change it easily enough for this year.

Is it just me, or does Latvia seem to be missing from the spreadsheet?

If you put nations in ALL CAPS they will stand out better in the list.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    A question, and a suggestion for next year, or maybe you can change it easily enough for this year.

Is it just me, or does Latvia seem to be missing from the spreadsheet?

If you put nations in ALL CAPS they will stand out better in the list.
    Interesting - Latvia must have been missing from it last year as well...and maybe even the year before.
    My apologoes - all I did was replace the team that was new with the team that was leaving.

I have also made the change and put the Team Names in All-Caps.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

I guess my desire to take somebody from every nation was useful.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

Q- Write in player (assume only 1)....are you asking for a player that isn't in the available players list? are all of the available players invited not already in the list?

EDIT:

nevermind, i re-read the first post..not an extra entry..just if a guy hadn't gotten to the list..

carry on..as you were..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Stud

I can't believe that as of now I have a Canadian and an American as my captains. Never thought my roster would wind up being configured that way.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Icon

i have a USA and Swe..for now

0 NOR
    5 CAN
    1 CZE
    0 GER
    3 FIN
    0 LAT
    0 SUI
    3 SVK
    5 SWE
    5 USA
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

This year again, selecting the two goalies is what I find the most difficult. You can hardly predict before the tournament who the knockout starting goalies will be.

I picked Mbereko last year and his single tournament win didn't help me much.
    12-team Dynasty Salary
    G-A-H-B/W-SO
    Crosby, Pavelski, Nelson, Hagel, Tarasenko, Bertuzzi, Teravainen, Joshua, Paul, Drury, Holtz, Kasper, Dorofeyev, Rosén, Brindley
    Dunn, Carlson, Sergachev, Nurse, Trouba, Skjei, Harley, Korczak, Söderström, Luneau, Pickering, Behrens, Rinzel
    Bobrovsky, Samsonov, Woll, Patera, Garand

10-team Dynasty Roto
    G-A-FOW-STP-H-B/W-GAA-Sv%
    Matthews, Hyman, Bratt, Guentzel, Thompson, Horvat, Lindholm, Buchnevich, Toffoli, Konecny, Rust, Peterka, Neighbours, Kemell, Snuggerud, Bourque, Wood, Öhgren
    Makar, Josi, Dobson, Pietrangelo, Hanifin, Faber, Spence, Edvinsson, Zellweger, Willander, Bonk, Casey
    Shesterkin, Hellebuyck, Georgiev,
    Wallstedt

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I can't believe that as of now I have a Canadian and an American as my captains. Never thought my roster would wind up being configured that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    i have a USA and Swe..for now

0 NOR
    5 CAN
    1 CZE
    0 GER
    3 FIN
    0 LAT
    0 SUI
    3 SVK
    5 SWE
    5 USA
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonYann View Post
    This year again, selecting the two goalies is what I find the most difficult. You can hardly predict before the tournament who the knockout starting goalies will be.

I picked Mbereko last year and his single tournament win didn't help me much.
    Goalies... Goalies... Goalies.

This is what gets me every year.

You never can get who the teams are gonna start/play or how they will manage goalies.

I thik a lot of people picked Mberko last year.

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Email entry sent. Let me know if you have issues opening it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think I've changed my mind 3 or 4 times now. I'm pretty much settled I think
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by InForAPenny View Post
    I think I've changed my mind 3 or 4 times now. I'm pretty much settled I think
    Me too. That's why I said screw it and sent it in. I need to stop overthinking it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Sent it and realized I forgot the second goalie. Will resend.

Ended up with this:

Maximum of 5 players from any one nation.
    1 NOR
    3 CAN
    3 CZE
    1 GER
    1 FIN
    1 LAT
    1 SUI
    3 SVK
    3 SWE
    5 USA